Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rubbins_Racin
You won't do it BT!!!!!!! LOL Hope ya do; it would be great to hang with ya again!
Man I need some cool stuff in my sig like Dave and Brian have... Hang on I'm gonna go list my sponsors.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
Man I need some cool stuff in my sig like Dave and Brian have... Hang on I'm gonna go list my sponsors.
Nice! I can relate to some of those sponsors!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
You forgot Spaghetti-O's and Meatballs, not just the plain assed boring Spaghetti-O's... need the mystery balls too.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You won't do it BT!!!!!!! LOL Hope ya do; it would be great to hang with ya again!
It won't be right away but I want to bad that itch needs to be scratched. Lol I'm sure randy is going to comment on that lol
Old 01-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YotieKillin
It won't be right away but I want to bad that itch needs to be scratched. Lol I'm sure randy is going to comment on that lol
I am sure Randy will have some comment! His comments are always fun tho! LOL
Old 01-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am sure Randy will have some comment! His comments are always fun tho! LOL
That's one guy I miss witty comments from. He got my ole lady all rawled up on fb
Old 01-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by YotieKillin
That's one guy I miss witty comments from. He got my ole lady all rawled up on fb
No? Not Randy! LOL Sounds like something he'd do! LOL Funnier than chit he is!
Old 01-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by longlivethe3
You forgot Spaghetti-O's and Meatballs, not just the plain assed boring Spaghetti-O's... need the mystery balls too.
Dang, how could I forget the mystery balls?!?!?!?!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

You are! I had to enlarge it to make sure I was reading it correctly! Steph
That's what I spend on a Nascar race ticket, not a rc race. I'm passing on that one.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

As far as the increase in fees goes...

I am sure the cost of opening a new shop, and purchasing the SRS franchise was expensive. The new management would probably like to recoup some of the cost. That is fine with me. The new shop has a fairly good selection of parts (Except for batteries), and I would gladly pay a little extra to keep it that way.

Paying a little more may be a sign of the times, but if the profit goes back into supplying the shop, offering a little variety (Like carrying other brands besides AE and Losi) keeping the track in tip top shape, etc., thats OK by me.

But if the staff are all wearing new Rolexes after the Cactus, then that might be another story.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)
Default Easyup and tables

What do most people do who come from out of town regarding tables and such? Do they just buy that and leave them? Rent them?

THanks!

Last edited by F18engineguy; 01-31-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm kind of confused. People are willing to buy new batteries and motors for the race, mount up countless sets of tires (some of which get cut off for the foam before ever seeing the track), have new bodies painted, pay for a hotel and travel.....but now that the entry price went up by 30 bucks it is going to break the bank?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
As far as the increase in fees goes...

I am sure the cost of opening a new shop, and purchasing the SRS franchise was expensive. The new management would probably like to recoup some of the cost. That is fine with me. The new shop has a fairly good selection of parts (Except for batteries), and I would gladly pay a little extra to keep it that way.

Paying a little more may be a sign of the times, but if the profit goes back into supplying the shop, offering a little variety (Like carrying other brands besides AE and Losi) keeping the track in tip top shape, etc., thats OK by me.

But if the staff are all wearing new Rolexes after the Cactus, then that might be another story.
The rise in price for Cactus has nothing to do with the new Hobby Town store and they are not trying to recoup anything by the price increase. Hobby Town is in this for the long haul and they understand that its going to be a long term investment from the purchase of SRS, and just raising entry fees to Cactus Classic isn't going to help them in that respect.
From what I am to understand that the price increase has to do with the extra things that HT is adding to this already great event such as a huge tent where everyone can pit under, trophies apparently are off the charts, and the announcer is from the world's and I heard he is awesome.(5K) I also heard that there might be tables and chairs being provided too.
I am with everyone on the dramatic increase on the entry fees for this race but HT does not strike me as company thats all take, without giving something back. I am curious to see the Cactus Classic this year and how HT runs it. I guess only time will tell.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sullypro08
The rise in price for Cactus has nothing to do with the new Hobby Town store and they are not trying to recoup anything by the price increase. Hobby Town is in this for the long haul and they understand that its going to be a long term investment from the purchase of SRS, and just raising entry fees to Cactus Classic isn't going to help them in that respect.
From what I am to understand that the price increase has to do with the extra things that HT is adding to this already great event such as a huge tent where everyone can pit under, trophies apparently are off the charts, and the announcer is from the world's and I heard he is awesome.(5K) I also heard that there might be tables and chairs being provided too.
I am with everyone on the dramatic increase on the entry fees for this race but HT does not strike me as company thats all take, without giving something back. I am curious to see the Cactus Classic this year and how HT runs it. I guess only time will tell.
Holy craptastic, an explanation like that makes a boatload of sense. NO ONE taking a few minutes from their life to put a few keystrokes together for us online trolls who were bewildered made no sense. A little information is all that was needed. If the locals can pack less crap for all those days and all these great people coming in from out of state and overseas no longer have to worry about something to sit on, place their rig on and keep their arses from getting burnt to a crisp by the AZ sun.... then roll that out as a selling point because they would be fantastic. I've seen several posts about these exact things so it would be some handy information to share.
Thanks Rick, this hopefully get more locals interested in going rather than being pissed about the price increase. A well planned and promoted event of this size helps the RC community well beyond one weekend in March.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by F18engineguy
Is there anyone that would be willing to lend a few out of town folks and Easy-up and table for the classic? Could make worth their while?

What do most people do who come from out of town regarding tables and such? Do they just buy that and leave them? Rent them?

THanks!
I've got my easyup/table/chair going to John Watkins (he's coming from Australia which I think is kick ass) and it's a 10x10 popup so there will be room for you under there. I'll round you up a table to use and I'd imagine you need a chair as well right? Let me know if you do, consider it done.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.