Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 01-19-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rubbins_Racin
You are! I had to enlarge it to make sure I was reading it correctly! Steph
Wow! Nothing like a 30 dollar price increase!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JKrc717
Wow! Nothing like a 30 dollar price increase!
yeah that just took me out of going 300 bucks to play toy cars is a little steep
Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
B Main Modified buggy racing from 1.18.2012 @ SRS
and
Super Stock B main buggy racing 1.18.2012 @ SRS

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
No A main ??
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
No A main ??
Nope sorry, didn't get the A main last night. Had to break camp and get out of there as soon as my race was done. Will get you guys next time.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Cactus Classic sign up fee

The price hike is shocking to say the least. Not sure why the huge increase for sign ups. With the economy being in the dumps you think it would be helpful to all of the unsponsored racers to leave the price alone or maybe drop it a couple of bucks.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

is there a credit application we can fill out?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Cactus

Does Adam read this thread? Maybe he can respond to all the questions about the significant price increase?

My take is that although a price increase is acceptable at some level, doubling the entry fee should come with some sort of explanation or rationalization at the least.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Cactus fee

I don't know if Adam reads the threads but his employees do. I hope to see Adam sometime this week and I do plan to ask about the price hike. I don't know if it is to late to change the price on his end but it is worth a shot I guess.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

From what I've heard, the price increase is due to some extremely top notch race director that has been hired to do the races this year. I guess his fees are expensive. This was going to be my first year doing the Cactus but at that price I think I'll pass.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

well i am not involved in helping run the race this year, but i do know that it is very expensive to put on a race of this size. i know that the last few years there were lots of volunteers that gave time and put in lots of hours to host the best electric off road race in the world. from rebuilding the track, track crew, stocking the store, the store crew, to all the behind the scene things that happen it is a tough job. i will race this race, i may not run as many tires as normal but its a week of playing with a rc car, hanging out with friends and having fun. plus this year i can really race and not have to talk keoni off the roof. lets make the 26th cactus classic fun. it is a toy car for 99% of us.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tofuburger
well i am not involved in helping run the race this year, but i do know that it is very expensive to put on a race of this size. i know that the last few years there were lots of volunteers that gave time and put in lots of hours to host the best electric off road race in the world. from rebuilding the track, track crew, stocking the store, the store crew, to all the behind the scene things that happen it is a tough job. i will race this race, i may not run as many tires as normal but its a week of playing with a rc car, hanging out with friends and having fun. plus this year i can really race and not have to talk keoni off the roof. lets make the 26th cactus classic fun. it is a toy car for 99% of us.
What is it for the other 1% ?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
What is it for the other 1% ?
its a job.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Initiate

its a job.
lol
Old 01-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Rookie

yes it is just a toy car for 99% of us so why should it be almost 100 dollars just to play with them. whats so different this year from last year that there has to be a 30 dollar price increase? if it is because of that announcer thats bull sh** cuz we have 2 perfectly good ones here kenny brosh & richard lake.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mHOUPS
is there a credit application we can fill out?
now thats some funny sh!t

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.