Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sullypro08
Let's see those videos!
Thx!
Here you go! Not my best work, I'm still figuring out the video on this new camera. Practice makes perfect.

http://youtu.be/eXqHxh5ARNk Buggies

http://youtu.be/Hbd0yUWOVXY Short Course
Old 12-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaplestreetRC
Sup SRS people. I came out to the track last night to see my first race. Was a really cool, laid back atmosphere. I didn't really know what to expect but everyone was friendly and seemed to be having a good time. I was impressed by the track, it's an awesome layout. I will definitely be entering a race sometime, but I need to learn to drive a little better first!

Since this is the "driver" thread I thought I would share a couple pics I got while walking around watching the races. I got a couple of videos too I could post on youtube if anyone wants to see race footage from last night.

Bert J

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6144509...th/6592300177/
Welcome, maple. Great track, great people. This is the best place to rc in the country. We have so many tacks here in the valley, and srs is the grand daddy. See you on the drivers stand soon. Don't worry about your skill level, novice class is great and the veterans will help you learn the ropes. Somebody get this guy on the track!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Racing tomorrow @ 11am! who's in?
Old 12-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nigel.F
I will be there!

So what kind of transponders does SRS use? How much do they cost and can I buy one at the Hobbytown right there or do they rent them out? How does that work?

Originally Posted by BigNasty
Welcome, maple. Great track, great people. This is the best place to rc in the country. We have so many tacks here in the valley, and srs is the grand daddy. See you on the drivers stand soon. Don't worry about your skill level, novice class is great and the veterans will help you learn the ropes. Somebody get this guy on the track!
Thanks BigNasty! I will be there tomorrow. I'll be the Slash tumbling around the track. I'm very confused about the classes though. I know there is Novice, Prolite, Pro2 and Pro4 but I have no idea what most of that means.

I've never raced before and my SCT is mostly stock but my Slash has upgraded tires and a brushless system (castle sidewinder 3800kv) is that cool to race at SRS or should I put my stock Titan back in it? I'm dont want to get there and not be able to race! A grown man crying is never a pretty thing to witness.

Last edited by MaplestreetRC; 12-30-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I will be there!

So what kind of transponders does SRS use? How much do they cost and can I buy one at the Hobbytown right there or do they rent them out? How does that work?
Thanks for the pictures Maplestreet, very nice quality. I just wish I could save the one of me to my computer!

As far as the transponder deal goes, I don't believe hobbytown sells them. I bought mine at liberty hobbies (power&southern) because no stores that i know of stock them regularly. They are $90 at the store or up to $130 for other brands online. You could also find one in the classifieds on rctech for about $70. If I make it out to the race tomorrow morning I might be able to loan you one for the day.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Rookie

I will be there!

Thanks BigNasty! I will be there tomorrow. I'll be the Slash tumbling around the track. I'm very confused about the classes though. I know there is Novice, Prolite, Pro2 and Pro4 but I have no idea what most of that means.

I've never raced before and my SCT is mostly stock but my Slash has upgraded tires and a brushless system (castle sidewinder 3800kv) is that cool to race at SRS or should I put my stock Titan back in it?
You can run pretty much anything in novice and no one will mind. It might be a wise Idea to try the titan, or turn the power down on your castle system if you're new because it will be tough to control on the dirt. What kind of tires are you going to run?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmokry
You can run pretty much anything in novice and no one will mind. It might be a wise Idea to try the titan, or turn the power down on your castle system if you're new because it will be tough to control on the dirt. What kind of tires are you going to run?
Tell me which pic is of you and I will gladly send it your way!

I'll be taking pics again tomorrow as well when I'm not racing. Pics will be much better quality because of the daylight.

I have duratrax Shotgun SC tires on right now because nobody had the Pro Line ones that I wanted and I was too impatient to wait for shipping.

Thanks alot for answering my newbie questions, I honestly appreciate it.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Tell me which pic is of you and I will gladly send it your way!

I'll be taking pics again tomorrow as well when I'm not racing.

I have duratrax Shotgun SC tires on right now because nobody had the Pro Line ones that I wanted and I was too impatient to wait for shipping.

Thanks alot for answering my newbie questions, I honestly appreciate it.

It's the short course truck with the red top and white body. You can send it to [email protected]

I have been wanting to try the duratrax tires. They look like they should hook up good. I like to run the aka gridirons. I never tried them when I had the slash, but it's my preferred tire on the sc10 for srs.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nigel.F
OK WTF which time is it!? AZ RCDriver post#6415 sez 10am you say 11a

Last edited by Bubonic-X; 12-30-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: WRONG POSTER
Old 12-31-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Default Awesome day of RC Racing!

Racing today was so much fun (well, you guys were racing, I was crashing, but it was still a blast!). Many thanks to everyone at the track who made this newbie feel welcome. I was in awe of how good many of the drivers are there. AZ has some talented drivers for sure!

Here are some pics from the day. I cant figure out how to make flickr let anyone who wants to download a pic, but if anyone sees one they like, just send me a PM and I will happily email the files to you. (completely free)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/6144509...7628659065247/

I gotta apologize for my complete and total lack of Buggy pics. I dont know what I was thinking because I got no buggies whatsoever, but I will make it up to you folks next time I promise!

Now I'm off to party in the new year. Happy 2012 be safe and have fun everyone!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Sweet pics maplestreet. They're taking me back to the excitement of Saturday. Keep practicing and keep the pics coming!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Do you guys typically get enough 4wd buggies to make a class at club races??
Old 01-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Rookie

What time does racingbstart tonight?
Old 01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone have a transponder I can borrow tonight? I'm looking all over town and nobody has one in stock.

I would also be interested in buying one if anyone has an extra. PM me or find me tonight please!

Thanks

Originally Posted by jmokry
What time does racingbstart tonight?
Just called the shop, racing @ 7 tonight Jeff.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by photobrat
Do you guys typically get enough 4wd buggies to make a class at club races??
Once in a while there are enough guys to make a class, but more often than not I found myself racing in the 2wd mod class. I sold my 4wd and bought a 2wd buggy.

Most sanctioned events have a 4wd class, but with club racing it's sporadic.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.