Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 09-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Yep tired of my truck being used as brakes come out to have fun and there is one idiot whos mission in life is to drive through you in every corner these cars have brakes
Old 09-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wow...

Well hopefully the rain holds out for some good racing tonight!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by no1uno
Yep tired of my truck being used as brakes come out to have fun and there is one idiot whos mission in life is to drive through you in every corner these cars have brakes
you have two options: drive faster, or give this guy a really good brake check when he's not expecting it....he might just end up on his lid while you keep on truckin'
Old 09-10-2011, 03:17 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrbirchum
I think this is a good thing for competition. But being a tech guy, I have to echo The Dad and wonder how some issues will be addressed. This is going to sound like I'm a tremendous ball buster, but I really am just trying to anticipate questions/concerns from folks that don't necessarily follow RCTech about the new rules.

--I understand that certain (most?) ESCs have lights to show whether timing is applied or not. Will there be a pre-race check or is it honor system?

--What about timing on the motor can, that would seem to be harder to police?

--Speaking of motors, in my short experience some makers use kV and some use Turns. Will there be kV=Turns guidelines? Stator restrictions?

--I see there are restrictions on SC bodies, and it seems you're trying to keep with the spirit of the full size trucks they are based on. What about bodies like my buddy Marvin's that are drilled full of holes? Or Flo-teks?

--Finally, and the one I think will be the biggest point of contention in SC anyway. "No custom tires. Tires must be manufactured for the intent of the short course class." Will this be more defined, perhaps with a list of approved tires? For instance, I'm guessing Pro-Line Slicers aren't really to scale specs.

That's what comes to my mind. Again, I'm not trying to be a shithead, I'm so far behind the leaders in Pro4, none of the above matters to me, just trying to help.

I will do my best to answer your questions.

All of the new rules will always be posted on the SRS web site. PLEASE check out our web site or give us a call if you have any questions.
Web site address is www.scottsdalercspeedway.com (480)945-2186

These rules are for our weekly club race program. I have no problem running a tech inspection if needed. Bottom line is that it’s always going to be an honor system for club racing. We always run a tech inspection for major races at SRS. I’m going to rely on our race director to call out any indiscretions in lap times. Trust me we have been looking at lap times every week since we built the new layout. Comparing “boosted” and “non boosted”

Motor timing IS allowed. The rules are worded as “No ESC Timing”

Most of the major manufacturers list KV reading with the wind readings.
Check out the Novak web site for examples-
http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...spec_chart.htm
17.5T=2200kv 13.5T=3300KV

Body rules are simple- • Full fender bodies only. Body must completely cover tires for view directly over head. Period! If you want to drill holes in it to cool the electronics please feel free. Most of the bodies actually have marks in the bodies for cutouts.

Tire rules are simple- • No custom tires. Tires must be manufactured for the intent of the short course class. This is basically saying you can’t make tires. They have to be designed for 1/0th scale SC tucks. Example- You cant cut 1/8th scale tires down to fit on a SC rim and race them.

I hope this helps answer some of your questions. Please feel free to stop by or give us a call if you have anymore questions.

Thanks
Keoni
Old 09-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great, thanks for the info!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

How about PRO4 wendsday, who is in?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommy-tommy
Im in!!! I really don't count but I will give you room
Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm gonna try but no promises. How did you do last weekend?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm in if you can help me with my setup! My rear end is out of control!!! The rear end of my truck, I should say.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Alright, I'm in for some Pro4 and no-timing Prolite. Should be interesting. Bust out the scte JerAd.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Bryan we will be glad to help you!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Keoni,
I just put a 7.5 in my XXX SCT in preparation for a race in Texas this weekend. I know you havent had a pro2 class in a while so I was wondering if I would be allowed to race it wednesday night? Do you have some sort of bucket class? Perhaps I could just be in pro-light but not counted? i just want to get some laps in before the Shortcourse Showdown in Dallas this weekend.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:07 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
Hey Keoni,
I just put a 7.5 in my XXX SCT in preparation for a race in Texas this weekend. I know you havent had a pro2 class in a while so I was wondering if I would be allowed to race it wednesday night? Do you have some sort of bucket class? Perhaps I could just be in pro-light but not counted? i just want to get some laps in before the Shortcourse Showdown in Dallas this weekend.
No problem!! We will find a spot for you if we don’t have a Pro 2 class tomorrow.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Bryan we will be glad to help you!
Awesome! Thanks man. I just ordered front and rear sway bars but they won't be here until after Wednesday so we will have to work something out without them!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Angry Pro 4

I have to work late tonight, so no go for me

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.