Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any thought of making Saturday a practice all morning set (like 9am-races) with racing at night still?

I'd much rather pay to race/practice at an estabolishment with an onsite shop & all the amenities like SRS any day.

That big patch of asphalt is begging to be used to!
Old 07-23-2011, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
Any thought of making Saturday a practice all morning set (like 9am-races) with racing at night still?

I'd much rather pay to race/practice at an estabolishment with an onsite shop & all the amenities like SRS any day.

Me too....
Old 07-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

I have an idea for the Road course!

Get a bunch of the Traxxas 1/16th scale Ken Blocks or any of the 1/16th AWD sedans to get a class of road going again.

Leave them all stock for cost effective road racing, allowing only radio to be changed so we can add them to our 2.4 set-ups already in hand and have tight asphalt racing?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post

I dont understand.. it's used perfectly as a pit area...

The onroad thing was tried and tried from what I remember.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FlyByWire View Post
I dont understand.. it's used perfectly as a pit area...

The onroad thing was tried and tried from what I remember.
Yup I can see that

It's really sad people will go stand in a Frys parking lot with a Horrid surface and race all day but you can't get a real surface used for solid traction road course.

Oh well, I guess since I was a Sedan guy I'd love to see that come back and have a good turnout with a spec class style like I listed above to get racers interested in that "patch"

Old 07-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A special THANKS to Keoni for running such a fun, demanding, and challenging series. Tight competion in all classes right up to the final round. Congrats to everyone who ran the series! Thank for all your help.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

How was the finals at CH, anybody snap pics or get some good video?
Old 07-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tommy-tommy View Post
A special THANKS to Keoni for running such a fun, demanding, and challenging series. Tight competion in all classes right up to the final round. Congrats to everyone who ran the series! Thank for all your help.
Great driving this weekend Tommy, way to come back from behind.

Had a blast racing with everyone this series, can't wait for the next event. I think my hands just stopped shaking from the close races in both my classes.

Tim H your are the SC master, putting down some killer laps.

Ky and BC doing the Quad on the back, without breaking, in a four wheel buggy. HOLY C**P, nice driving. Very entertaining race.

Humpty thanks for setting up my Novak systems, Ran super cool, fast and reliable all series long.

Great job done by all, racing program ran smooth. Thanks KY, Richard Lake, Mike, Quaid (sp), all the staff at SRS and Comp Hobbies for putting up with us racers and our Toy Cars.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Wednesday racing at SRS!

Anyone that has a 1/10 4WD buggy... Bring it out and let the class uprising begin!

Last edited by DesJardins; 07-25-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Thanks again to everyone that came out for the Battle in the Desert Point Series race. I canít believe how close the races were on Sunday. Just about every class came down to the last race. Congratulations to all of the winners!!! I hope everyone had a good time! I look forward to working with Mike, Zippy and Q down at CH in the future. We have some exciting things in the works!! I will get results and pictures posted this week. Thanks again for your continued support!!

Battle in the Desert Winners

Buggy Mod
1st Place- Tanner Denney
2nd Place- Charles Hicks
3rd Place-Chris Wheeler

Buggy 4WD
1st Place- Brian Causse
2nd Place-Keoni AhYat
3rd Place-Quaid Simek

Buggy 13.5
1st Place- Mike Friery
2nd Place-Sean Bray
3rd Place-Tommy Hinz

Buggy 17.5
1st Place- Anthony Valdez
2nd Place-Brandon Wamsley
3rd Place-Chris Wamsley

Truck 17.5
1st Place-Travisimo
2nd Place-Jan Moller (AKA JIM)
3rd Place-Anthony Valdez

Tuck Mod
1st Place- Sean Bray
2nd Place- Chance Chapel
3rd Place- Nick Hess

Pro-Light SC
1st Place-Tim Hethcox
2nd Place-Brandon Fox
3rd Place-Mike Beaver

Pro 4 SC
1st Place-Tim Hethcox
2nd Place- Tommy Hinz
3rd Place-Brandon Fox

Novice
1st Place-Keanan McClellan
2nd Place-Bryan Morano
3rd Place-Troy McClellan
Old 07-26-2011, 03:48 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

SRS Updates-

No off-road practice today!
We got a lot of rain Sunday night on the track. I pumped all the water off yesterday but I want let it sit all day today to completely dry. We will reopen the track tomorrow for racing! Track opens at 1pm racing starts at 7pm.

Track Rebuild!!
We are working on a layout now and will post rebuild dates by the end of the week. Itís been a great layout and we have been able to move pipes to keep it interesting but its time for something completely new.

Suggestions!
Now that the point series race is completed I will have more time to dedicate towards our track and our race program. I was hoping to stretch the current layout through the summer so we could avoid building in extreme heat but with the track deteriorating as bad as it is I have decided to rebuild the track ahead of schedule. This should make for better racing! I appreciate everyone that has been coming out and racing over the last couple months. Itís been some of the most miserable weather I can remember in a long time. Arizona has seen a 150% growth in race tracks in less then 9 months. I truly appreciate your continued support. We have been racing for 25 years and I hope we can continue to race for many more! With out you racing we could not and wonít exist. Any suggestions or comments to make racing at SRS better please stop and letís talk!

Thanks again!
Keoni
Old 07-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

All I can say is without a real track/shop like SRS I wouldn't have gotten back into racing.

Big thanks to Keoni for hooking me up and I look forward to getting the 1/10th 4WD buggy class going again.

Thanks Keoni!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

I hope the new track will be really fast or really challenging for 2wd buggy.:lol
Old 07-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMR View Post
SRS Updates-

No off-road practice today!
We got a lot of rain Sunday night on the track. I pumped all the water off yesterday but I want let it sit all day today to completely dry. We will reopen the track tomorrow for racing! Track opens at 1pm racing starts at 7pm.

Track Rebuild!!
We are working on a layout now and will post rebuild dates by the end of the week. Itís been a great layout and we have been able to move pipes to keep it interesting but its time for something completely new.

Suggestions!
Now that the point series race is completed I will have more time to dedicate towards our track and our race program. I was hoping to stretch the current layout through the summer so we could avoid building in extreme heat but with the track deteriorating as bad as it is I have decided to rebuild the track ahead of schedule. This should make for better racing! I appreciate everyone that has been coming out and racing over the last couple months. Itís been some of the most miserable weather I can remember in a long time. Arizona has seen a 150% growth in race tracks in less then 9 months. I truly appreciate your continued support. We have been racing for 25 years and I hope we can continue to race for many more! With out you racing we could not and wonít exist. Any suggestions or comments to make racing at SRS better please stop and letís talk!

Thanks again!
Keoni
I feel like the Wednesday Night Point Series is a red headed step child! Where's the love!?
Old 07-26-2011, 06:40 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE View Post
I feel like the Wednesday Night Point Series is a red headed step child! Where's the love!?
I completely agree! During the Battle in the Desert series the Wed worldís series really went to the side. Trust me it was not intentional! I will personally take responsibility for that one! Hopefully I can light a fire and get her going again. I was thinking today that if we get the track done before the next round we can finish her off on a new track layout.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.