Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Just finished building my SC10 Kit with the intentions of coming out to SRS for some racing. Haven't done anything RC related in the last 14 years, so it has been a learning experience with the new technology out there.

Wondering how friendly the track can be for people that are just getting their feet wet, and should I come out to see how things are done the first time, rather than try and get in on the races.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would just head out an start racing novice. I went out one night and didn't get anyone saying hi to me as a new guy but I assume once I am racing and people see you more that will change.

Different for sure from when I raced mod sedan in CA years ago
:shrug:
lol
Old 07-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMR
Hey guys I wanted to post some information regarding batteries as I have had a bunch of guys asking why they are “puffing” their low C rated batteries.

I have found that if you put your liops in the fridge (in a lipo bag) when you get home the "puffing" goes down siginificantily. I never overcharge / discharge mine but they have been swelling some. if you leave them in your 110 degree garage or in yor car that does not help.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 AM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShibbyB
Just finished building my SC10 Kit with the intentions of coming out to SRS for some racing. Haven't done anything RC related in the last 14 years, so it has been a learning experience with the new technology out there.

Wondering how friendly the track can be for people that are just getting their feet wet, and should I come out to see how things are done the first time, rather than try and get in on the races.
Like Jon said we offer a novice class every race day that would be perfect for getting your feet wet. We race every Wedensday and Saturday. Wed at 7pm and Sat at 6pm. Please stop by the shop or give me a call If you have any questions. You can also check out the web site for all of our practice times.

Thanks
Keoni
Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ShibbyB

Come on out, I should be there to race Wednesday and maybe Saturday also.
Transponder is on the car now and waiting for my Hotwire tuning box from Tekin.

Jon
Old 07-21-2011, 02:33 PM
MTR
Tech Apprentice

Great racing as always on Wedesday @ SRS !! good turnout, great racing and good times.i think there was close to 20 pro lite trucks, we need to see more pro4 guys on wed tho. New layout is the best(of the 3 since cactus) for racing,i think,many line options when it comes to passing. super fun night
Old 07-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MTR
Great racing as always on Wedesday @ SRS !! good turnout, great racing and good times.i think there was close to 20 pro lite trucks, we need to see more pro4 guys on wed tho. New layout is the best(of the 3 since cactus) for racing,i think,many line options when it comes to passing. super fun night
+1
Old 07-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

I think this is the best track layout of the last 3 I've raced on too. Had a great time on Wednesday, kudos to everybody for running a tight ship and getting done at a decent time.

As a spectator, I thought it was pretty interesting when Aaron put Hethcox back a lap in the Pro-Lite main. Made the racing between Elkin, Rabenow, and Irwin a little more intense, and fun to watch. Of course Tim won anyways, NASCAR is missing out.

Also thought it was pretty cool of Keoni and Aaron to let me have a little taste of victory in the Pro-4 class. I didn't stand a chance against "Bee" Fox, Tommy and Keoni as per usual, but since they were all running various non Pro-4 SC trucks, I got a little bonus as the first SC 4x4 truck to cross the line. Now I just have to figure out how to make the podium in a fair race
Old 07-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I also had a blast. It wasn't one of my better showings in Pro-lite but it WAS some of the funnest, closest, clean racing I've been a part of. Jan and I had a heck-of-a-battle and kudos to him for keeping it clean. (As well of the rest of the pro-lite group)

13.5 buggy is another story. I'm seriously struggling in that class. I know the competition is very good there but I just can't seem to get anywhere near the control and comfort level in the buggy as I have in my SC.

Looking forward to next Wednesday!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Are there still races tomorrow at SRS with the event going on at comp hobbies Sunday?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesJardins
Are there still races tomorrow at SRS with the event going on at comp hobbies Sunday?
Old 07-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
Awesome, my beautiful wife will hate this weekend for sure!

Got it all set-up, with laptop ready for tuning!

Old 07-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

picked up a 44.1 myself.. perhaps we can start an uprising...
Old 07-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
picked up a 44.1 myself.. perhaps we can start an uprising...
I look forward to it!
Old 07-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Buzz65
I also had a blast. It wasn't one of my better showings in Pro-lite but it WAS some of the funnest, closest, clean racing I've been a part of. Jan and I had a heck-of-a-battle and kudos to him for keeping it clean. (As well of the rest of the pro-lite group)

13.5 buggy is another story. I'm seriously struggling in that class. I know the competition is very good there but I just can't seem to get anywhere near the control and comfort level in the buggy as I have in my SC.

Looking forward to next Wednesday!
Keep working on that buggy you will get it figured out. Had fun Wed nite banging doors with the SC trucks, I need to bring it out more often, took a few laps to get the kinks ironed out, but thanks to Tim H with some setup tips got it going round the corners finally. Fun nite hope to see some of you in Tucson this weekend going down Sat for some pratice before the finals with my sons, wish us luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.