Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
Thanks for a very nice evening of racing. Special thanks to Keoni for getting the track in to raceable condition.
Even got home at a reasonable hour.
+1, Had a great time! Martin said it all. Thanks also to Arron for the quick smooth program.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

^^ +1 to what they said.

Fun stuff. The track surface got better and better.

Thanks go out to Keoni for making sure we didn't have to do remote BOAT racing.

Apologies to J. Irwin for nearly taking his leg off at the knee. Thinking about retiring from racing now like Mercedes did in the 50's at Le Mans after their car flew into the crowd...
Old 07-14-2011, 12:09 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Thanks everyone for coming out and having fun last night!! I will get the points posted today before I leave.

Thanks again!!!
Keoni
Old 07-14-2011, 03:57 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Default Battle In The Desert Point Series

Thank you again to everyone that has made it out to support The Battle in The Desert Point series races hosted by Competition Hobbies and Scottsdale RC Speedway. Without all of the racers that have come out and supported our stores and tracks we would have never been able to put together such a great series race. I hope everyone has had as much fun as I have over the last couple months racing this event. I would also like to thank Quaid, Mike and Richard from CH and Jake, Bullydog, Kimberly, Humpty and BC1 from SRS for all of your support making this event happen. As always it’s been a pleasure working with such great people that share the same goals and ideas that I do about this industry/Hobby. Thanks again!!

Ok.. now down to business.. We have 5 rounds in the books and the finals are next Sunday July 24th at Competition Hobbies. I have posted the best 4 out of 5 rounds with throw-outs and all of the totals for every round on the SRS web site. www.scottsdalercspeedway.com Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions. We will be taking the best 4 out of 5 totals and adding the finals points to award our series winners. I have been told that start time next Sunday July 24th will be 10am. We will be running 3 qualifiers with mains to follow. After the last main I will calculate all of the points and we will do an award ceremony. I have listed on the SRS web site how we will be awarding the series based on total attendance for the entire series races. Thanks again for all of your support and I look forward to seeing everyone at the finals.

Keoni
Old 07-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got a few hours in tonight with the new B44.1, I must say it's pretty damn fun.

Not too much different than getting used to sedan class I uses to race. Except I'll have to work on a little tuning advice since it's a whole different platform.

Looking forward to racing with an actual group

:thumbup:

Jon
Old 07-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Here is a reminder to keep buying those chassis protectors from Keoni !
I'll never run without a fresh stickIt chassis protector...

Old 07-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Lord

Summer series Points Please
Old 07-16-2011, 02:55 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys I wanted to post some information regarding batteries as I have had a bunch of guys asking why they are “puffing” their low C rated batteries.

There are two major things that can damage your lipo batteries! Over-discharging and over charging.

Over-Charging
Most chargers will limit the charge to 8.40v-8.44v so if you are using a good lipo charger this will limit the possibilities of over-charging.

Over-Discharging-
Generally there are two issues that cause over-discharging. The first and most simple are not having lipo cutoff/low voltage enabled on your electronic speed controller. The second issue is excessive amp draw which is common when running modified or heavier cars with 550 motors ala SC 4x4 and 1/8th scale electric. The 550 motors draw more amperage than any lower c rated batteries can provide. The higher the C rating, the more continuous amps the battery can provide. If a batteries C rating is too low it will not support the current draw that the motor requires and will over discharge the battery causing it to expand. It will not discharge the battery in a sense of hitting low voltage. However it will draw more amps then the battery can handle and increase the internal temperature. Thunder Power 65C packs will handle 65C cont/130C Bursts (344A/689A) and can solve a lot of the issues many guys are seeing.

Obviously there are many other things that can factor into heat and runtimes with electric vehicles. Sufficient C rated batteries won’t solve all of everyone’s problems. However they will eliminate a very dangerous problem many guys are facing. Motor selection and gearing are also huge factors. Be sure to go through your entire vehicle and check for binding or anything else that can cause issues.

Be sure to check out a battery manufacturer’s warranty and customer service program before making your purchase. Thunder Power is an industry leader when it comes to these services. That is why we choose to sell Thunder Power batteries at our location.

Please keep in mind that at the 25th Annual Cactus Classic this year the 4wd SC Class had to be adjusted due to some of the problems many of you are facing. Basically with the current race pace the current electronics are not capable of running longer length mains. Please keep in mind that was done with some of the best drivers and equipment available in the market today.

These comments and suggestions are not biased regarding any sponsorship that I may have regarding my personal racing endeavors as you can see from my signature.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:55 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Summer series Points Please
Jazz,
They are posted on the web site under Events.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KMR View Post
Jazz,

Links...
Battle in the Desert (Best 4 of 5)

Wednesday Night "Worlds" Series Totals so far.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Good info Keoni, one reason I fly 65C and up rated packs in the TREX 600 and even for the 13.5 Tekin brushless motor I won't run below a 40c pack.

Jon
Old 07-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by KMR View Post
Jazz,
I checked and it was only up to round 2..last Wednesday was round 3 but I'll check again.
Old 07-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Lord

I see it now thanks..You put those up today didnt you you sneaky bastage!
Keoni, Tom Stober was TQ last week but I got the extra 2 points.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:22 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I see it now thanks..You put those up today didnt you you sneaky bastage!
Keoni, Tom Stober was TQ last week but I got the extra 2 points.
Yes I had Kimberly update it as soon as I seen your post. I will double check all of the TQ points tomorrow to make sure everything is good!
Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Tech Regular

For those that run 1/10th 4WD buggy, have you tried the Suburbs either fronts only with Holeshots in the rear or Suburbs all around?

Thanks,
Jon

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.