Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 06-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Tech Rookie

the mowgli book coming to a r/c track near you
Attached Thumbnails SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-mowgli-book.jpg  

Last edited by Hostile33; 06-10-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshBend
hi my name is josh bend and who ever onefast8 is needs to get rid of my facebook pic i am the real josh bend aka mowgli at the track

thanks
That's funny. I wish I thought of doing that first
Old 06-10-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Is that really Fred Durst?
Old 06-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default I think they were grumbling at me not you

Originally Posted by BigNasty
Thanks, guys for letting me run with the Pro4 class and get some wheel time tonight. I think I pissed someone off, I heard a little grumbling on the driver's stand.... didn't mean to ruin anybody's wednesday. Next time, put a wheel on me. Open wheel buggies are really easy to flip over with a pro4

I think by the time the main got going, I'd gotten a decent SRS setup going with the mugen... I've figured out that I'm on the brakes almost more than the gas there. We'll see how it goes next wed, for WED NIGHT WORLDS rd.2

Who else is coming?
That was only my second time running my sc10 4x4. So Im pretty sure I pissed off someone. I want to apologize to you and whoever I rubbed wrong. Next time put the wheels on me!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Whose having heat problems? I thought my Novak was supposed to read 200. Lol. I think things are fine the way they are but I have seen this push for spec class comin for awhile. The majority of racing at Srs is not roar events, so I say leave the spec racin for those events and keep the prolite on the program. I used to race spec slash when the first released but that was on small tight tracks. With a layout like Srs has I'd fall asleep waiting for my truck to make it down the straight. Lol
Old 06-11-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default New addition to my RC family.

Now I can run buggy too! Excited to give this thing a try.

Old 06-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Regular

I know the suspension still needs setup and the wheels are funky. I have new ones on order.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Nice John! But I don't see the paint on those rears lasting too long, haha. Get yourself a set of white wheels and die them black.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Nice John! But I don't see the paint on those rears lasting too long, haha. Get yourself a set of white wheels and die them black.
Yeah, new rims/tires will be here tomorrow. I didn't like the green and didn't want to wait for the others to get here to take pics... So I did the hillbilly-paint-job on the rears so I could post up the pics.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

WOW... now THAT was fun!! B-rad that was tons-o-fun dicin' it up with you last night!!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

What time did you guys get out of there last night?
Old 06-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
What time did you guys get out of there last night?
12ish
Old 06-12-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocktechRC
Whose having heat problems? I thought my Novak was supposed to read 200. Lol. I think things are fine the way they are but I have seen this push for spec class comin for awhile. The majority of racing at Srs is not roar events, so I say leave the spec racin for those events and keep the prolite on the program. I used to race spec slash when the first released but that was on small tight tracks. With a layout like Srs has I'd fall asleep waiting for my truck to make it down the straight. Lol
The reason I asked is because I have been absolutely plagued with heat problems. I have tried 3 different motors, 2 different speed controls, 2 different transmissions and I still dont have this damn 13.5 anywhere near the speed I want. I have had absolutely no fun with this SCT since I bought it because I am always dicking with it. I can run it at the current speed all day long and finish mid pack but that blows. I race because I want to win, otherwise I would just bash in my back yard.
I think a spec class would be a blast. Some trucks would be faster but not like the disparity we have in 13.5. I have no idea how guys are doing wheelies by me on the back straight and not burning their motors up. Its like they are in a different league as far as speed goes.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mellen_mpz
The reason I asked is because I have been absolutely plagued with heat problems. I have tried 3 different motors, 2 different speed controls, 2 different transmissions and I still dont have this damn 13.5 anywhere near the speed I want. I have had absolutely no fun with this SCT since I bought it because I am always dicking with it. I can run it at the current speed all day long and finish mid pack but that blows. I race because I want to win, otherwise I would just bash in my back yard.
I think a spec class would be a blast. Some trucks would be faster but not like the disparity we have in 13.5. I have no idea how guys are doing wheelies by me on the back straight and not burning their motors up. Its like they are in a different league as far as speed goes.
What makes you think you will do better than mid pack with a spec class?

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
It doesnt matter what the rules are or what changes could be made with motors. The guys that run at the front of the pack will continue to run at the front and the slower people in the back will continue to be at the back of the pack. If a guy that runs at the back of the pack thinks that he is at the back simply because he thinks his motor isnt as fast as the fast guys then he's mistaken. Car setup and drving skill is a lot more important than just motor. A fast motor does you no good if you cant drive fast lines while staying off the pipes and not running into other cars around you.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
What makes you think you will do better than mid pack with a spec class?

No offense but I thought I explained that pretty well, but here goes again........If the trucks are evenly matched, I (as well as many others) might stand a chance. Currently, I can go around that track with my truck and make no mistakes and run good/tight lines and my lap times are still a second or 2 from what the guys with the fast trucks are running (and I have burned up 2 motors doing so). My truck is simply outmatched as far as speed goes. Its basically a waste of time IMO.
To me, this class is a "who can gear/time their truck fastest without burning up" competition rather than who can drive the best. I am clearly not the best at making my truck fast so the driving part doesn't even matter.

Last edited by mellen_mpz; 06-12-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.