Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 05-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Adept

No brainer. You NEED a 550. The darn things are heavy and need the extra Umph of the 550. Most of run a 4.5 or 5.5.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Default Thanks Keoni for offering to put this up!

Hi guys,

Every year I go up to Heber Arizona to the Muscular Dystrophy Association's Camp for Kids, letting over 100 kids with disabilities drive an R/C car. Each year they rate it as their 2nd favorite thing to do (Behind w and they keep inviting us back.

I've got a few vehicles, chargers, and batteries lined up but need more equipment for a really successful day. Below is a list of items I am in need of:

Vehicles (With working electronics and Radio): Anything off road and electric. Short Course trucks, 2wd trucks and buggies, Rock Crawlers.

Battery Packs: For the above vehicle types

Chargers: For the above batteries

I will be turning the power down on all vehicles so they won't be going at breakneck speeds, although the kids would love otherwise. LOL

The day for the event is Tuesday June 7th, so I would need to have the equipment by Sunday June 5th, to get it all organized. Hey, you could even make the drive up to Heber to help if you wanted ;-). It's really nice up there! Usually in the high 70's!

Anyway, please spread the word and thank you for your time.

Kenny Brosh
[email protected]
Old 05-26-2011, 02:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dbackmasta
Hi guys,

Every year I go up to Heber Arizona to the Muscular Dystrophy Association's Camp for Kids, letting over 100 kids with disabilities drive an R/C car. Each year they rate it as their 2nd favorite thing to do (Behind w and they keep inviting us back.

I've got a few vehicles, chargers, and batteries lined up but need more equipment for a really successful day. Below is a list of items I am in need of:

Vehicles (With working electronics and Radio): Anything off road and electric. Short Course trucks, 2wd trucks and buggies, Rock Crawlers.

I will be turning the power down on all vehicles so they won't be going at breakneck speeds, although the kids would love otherwise. LOL

The day for the event is Tuesday June 7th, so I would need to have the equipment by Sunday June 5th, to get it all organized. Hey, you could even make the drive up to Heber to help if you wanted ;-). It's really nice up there! Usually in the high 70's!

Kenny Brosh
[email protected]
Wow, that's really awesome. I just got a 4x4 so my SC10 is getting lonely I think I can borrow a stock radio and servo to get it running. Will you be stopping by SRS before then, or maybe I could drop it off at Fear Farm?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrbirchum
Wow, that's really awesome. I just got a 4x4 so my SC10 is getting lonely I think I can borrow a stock radio and servo to get it running. Will you be stopping by SRS before then, or maybe I could drop it off at Fear Farm?
I have the stock servo and radio/receiver from SC10 I can bring this coming Wed (6/1) to SRS-I already have the antannae half broke/taped so it's kid ready but both work fine. Let me know... or if Wed is too late and you will be there Sat (I can't race this Sat) I will drop them off at SRS before Sat and ask them to hold them for you...I'm in E Mesa if you are close I'll bring them to you.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Gang, I took over 100 pics during the races last night. I don't want to 'clog up' the standard SRS conversations with pics so I'm creating an Arizona RC Pictures thread. With any luck we can get it 'stickied' and all others to take pics can post there too. I'll start posting all the pics I take there.

Fun stuff last night!

Link to the picture thread --> CLICK HERE

Last edited by Buzz65; 05-26-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Buzz65;9169253]Hey Gang, I took over 100 pics during the races last night. I don't want to 'clog up' the standard SRS conversations with pics so I'm creating an Arizona RC Pictures thread. With any luck we can get it 'stickied' and all others to take pics can post there too. I'll start posting all the pics I take there.

Fun stuff last night!

Nice work John, it's really cool seeing them and they look great.... and good run last night my man! (when you werent too tangled up)
Old 05-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by longlivethe3
I have the stock servo and radio/receiver from SC10 I can bring this coming Wed (6/1) to SRS-I already have the antannae half broke/taped so it's kid ready but both work fine. Let me know... or if Wed is too late and you will be there Sat (I can't race this Sat) I will drop them off at SRS before Sat and ask them to hold them for you...I'm in E Mesa if you are close I'll bring them to you.
Thanks for the offer, but I already got hooked up with what I need. Maybe someone else has a roller that needs a little help for the cause though? I can probably kick in the stock motor/esc also.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Awesome! I can come out next Wednesday to srs. Pm your number and I'll give you a call. Thanks!!
Old 05-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Kenny Brosh
[email protected]
I have a bashing 2wd Slash that you can use. It'll be perfect for the kids since my 6 year old has really put it through the test, haha. I'll see if I can get it over to the Farm next week as I won't be racing SRS on Wednesday. Problem is, I don't have a charger for you to use. Batteries have traxxas plugs on them, can you make it work?
Old 05-26-2011, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome! I can come out next Wednesday to srs. Pm your number and I'll give you a call. Thanks!!
PM sent
Old 05-26-2011, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Last night was a blast! Great turnout, lets keep it up. There might have only been one heat of 8th scale buggy, but it was great, close racing... although Dave Burt checked out on the rest of us...FAST! I forget what his fast lap was, but it was considerably faster than the rest of us, for sure.

Nice to see so many novice drivers. One of these days before long I might get a short course ride going, because it looks like you guys are having a great time, and I'd like to join...probably a pro4. A lot of competition in all the classes. Great job running the program on time, Jake.

Big thanks to Fischdaddy for pitting me in my main. 8th scale main was great...good start (no 'yard sale' on turn one) and we were bumpin' and a bangin' til the last lap. Everybody went ten minutes without a pit...easier to do at SRS than a big track for sure, but a testament to the modern generation of 3.5cc nitro race engines. 3 or 4 years ago, you only got that kind of runtime on a 3 port engine. It was ten minutes that seemed like two.

Once again, sorry I snapped at you, John...like I said, sometimes nitro and adrenaline make me act like a jerk. I had a blast, and I hope all of you did as well. See everybody again for round 2, if not before.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
Last night was a blast! Great turnout, lets keep it up. There might have only been one heat of 8th scale buggy, but it was great, close racing... although Dave Burt checked out on the rest of us...FAST! I forget what his fast lap was, but it was considerably faster than the rest of us, for sure.

Nice to see so many novice drivers. One of these days before long I might get a short course ride going, because it looks like you guys are having a great time, and I'd like to join...probably a pro4. A lot of competition in all the classes. Great job running the program on time, Jake.

Big thanks to Fischdaddy for pitting me in my main. 8th scale main was great...good start (no 'yard sale' on turn one) and we were bumpin' and a bangin' til the last lap. Everybody went ten minutes without a pit...easier to do at SRS than a big track for sure, but a testament to the modern generation of 3.5cc nitro race engines. 3 or 4 years ago, you only got that kind of runtime on a 3 port engine. It was ten minutes that seemed like two.

Once again, sorry I snapped at you, John...like I said, sometimes nitro and adrenaline make me act like a jerk. I had a blast, and I hope all of you did as well. See everybody again for round 2, if not before.
^+1^^ I 2nd those sentiments Big Nasty! What a blast. Some great races with some impressive driving from some incredibly talented drivers. However, it is now confirmed that if they let me move up, I will no longer be running in SC novice. It was a bit too romper-room for me last night.

And Chris, no worries man... Seriously, we all have our days and you were pretty gracious about it after you cooled off.

Speaking of the Nitro's...at first I didn't think the 1/8ths would be able to let loose on the SRS layout. After last night events though, I say differently! There was some awesome racing. The THUMP those things make when they hit the turf is memorable!

For those of you that have Facebook, most of the pics I posted are also on FB.

See ya next Wednesday! (Possibly this Saturday too, if my daughters B-day stuff gets done soon enough)
Old 05-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Will SRS be posting the results of the Wednesday Night Worlds anywhere on the net?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
I have a bashing 2wd Slash that you can use. It'll be perfect for the kids since my 6 year old has really put it through the test, haha. I'll see if I can get it over to the Farm next week as I won't be racing SRS on Wednesday. Problem is, I don't have a charger for you to use. Batteries have traxxas plugs on them, can you make it work?

Sure, let me know when we can meet up and thank you!!
Old 05-31-2011, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Weds. night worlds.... who's in for this Weds. night?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.