Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 09-30-2010, 09:08 AM
  #4831  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,474
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

What would you gear a SCT at SRS? Its a Blitz with a Trinity Pulse 13.5 and a LRP Sphere........... 24/77 or 25/83?

Jake
Bubonic-X is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM
  #4832  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
YotieKillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 480
Posts: 575
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
What would you gear a SCT at SRS? Its a Blitz with a Trinity Pulse 13.5 and a LRP Sphere........... 24/77 or 25/83?

Jake
Try that 77/24 check your temps after five
YotieKillin is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:48 AM
  #4833  
KMR
Tech Fanatic
 
KMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 804
Default

Thanks everyone for coming out last night for some good racing!! Good to see the boys from CH come up and hang out! Zippy on the Mic is always intertaining!! I cant wait for SIGP. If you havent been out since we changes some pipes and packed the track you need too. Its very fast and fun!
KMR is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 11:11 AM
  #4834  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
MartinB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 389
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default SRS suppliers back their stuff up

I should have know Humpty is ALWAYS right. The folks at Thunder Power backed/warrantied a puffed LIPO I bought from SRS earlier this year.
Humpty said to contact them and it worked like it should.
Try that with an Internet store.

Martin B
MartinB is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 AM
  #4835  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
azdakota97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 344
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
Im not sure more than a handful of people even know who you are now adays
yeah, that is what adam and bryant told me after they stopped by a few weeks ago. meh, oh well.
azdakota97 is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
  #4836  
Tech Regular
 
tofuburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 339
Default

azdakota

come on out. it may be different people but its still fun. i have been doing this off and on for the last 20 years and still have a blast when i go out.
tofuburger is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 02:34 PM
  #4837  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
azdakota97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 344
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

yeah, been about the same here. done it off and on since the early 90's. good thing i never fire sale anything. just need to update the esc's and motors and batterys. but it sounds like things have gotten way better technology wise!
azdakota97 is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 04:06 PM
  #4838  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
turd ferguson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: tuCSoN, AZ
Posts: 1,042
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KMR
Thanks everyone for coming out last night for some good racing!! Good to see the boys from CH come up and hang out! Zippy on the Mic is always intertaining!! I cant wait for SIGP. If you havent been out since we changes some pipes and packed the track you need too. Its very fast and fun!
Always a great time to come up and hang. Philly's was delicious
turd ferguson is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 06:05 PM
  #4839  
Suspended
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,990
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X
What would you gear a SCT at SRS? Its a Blitz with a Trinity Pulse 13.5 and a LRP Sphere........... 24/77 or 25/83?

Jake
Didnt we cover this a few weeks ago?
PFKAOG is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 07:48 PM
  #4840  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
JayGT2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Touring the AZ
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by YotieKillin
Good run jarret tq and the win second time out in the two wheel sct
thank you thank you. Thanks for the motor too. The one Ryan had in it was wayyyyy crazy fast.
JayGT2 is offline  
Old 09-30-2010, 10:19 PM
  #4841  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
YotieKillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 480
Posts: 575
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayGT2
thank you thank you. Thanks for the motor too. The one Ryan had in it was wayyyyy crazy fast.
no worries
YotieKillin is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
  #4842  
KMR
Tech Fanatic
 
KMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 804
Default

Originally Posted by MartinB
I should have know Humpty is ALWAYS right. The folks at Thunder Power backed/warrantied a puffed LIPO I bought from SRS earlier this year.
Humpty said to contact them and it worked like it should.
Try that with an Internet store.

Martin B
Im glad they took care of you!! TP has great customer service and with a local rep like Humpty its easy to choose TP and Novak.
KMR is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 09:52 AM
  #4843  
KMR
Tech Fanatic
 
KMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 804
Default

Originally Posted by azdakota97
yeah, been about the same here. done it off and on since the early 90's. good thing i never fire sale anything. just need to update the esc's and motors and batterys. but it sounds like things have gotten way better technology wise!
Yes lots have changed in the RC world over the last couple years. 2.4ghz radios, Lipo batteries and brushless motors. Let me know if you have any questions. I would be more then happy to talk about some upgrade options with you.
KMR is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 12:40 PM
  #4844  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,474
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PFKAOG
Didnt we cover this a few weeks ago?
No that was a 17.5. I got the 13.5 on ebay. Lets keep up here sparky

Still need help to set timing if at all
Bubonic-X is offline  
Old 10-01-2010, 12:52 PM
  #4845  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KMR
Yes lots have changed in the RC world over the last couple years. 2.4ghz radios, Lipo batteries and brushless motors. Let me know if you have any questions. I would be more then happy to talk about some upgrade options with you.
Esc especially have changed alot lately. I finally gave up on the Tekin n laptop combo. Dropped in a LRP SXX Stock spec in the buggy with a 13.5 and it is plenty fast. Now if I can get it to turn I should be set...
Gitsum is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.