Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everybody,

Wanted to let everybody know that Jim Thomas suffered a broken hip on Saturday. James Clarkston was kind enough to let me know what was going on, and wanted me to relay the message. He was pulling his brand new bike in his garage when he slipped; they're workin on him now, James said he'll probably be out of the hospital tomorrow.

A long time racer at SRS, Jim is one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and is a treat to have around at the track. You know him; he's the first guy to come up and shake your hand at the track, and the guy can flat out race.

We hope you get better soon Jim. We need ya back in a hurry; someone's gotta keep us kids in line.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
Hey everybody,

Wanted to let everybody know that Jim Thomas suffered a broken hip on Saturday. James Clarkston was kind enough to let me know what was going on, and wanted me to relay the message. He was pulling his brand new bike in his garage when he slipped; they're workin on him now, James said he'll probably be out of the hospital tomorrow.

A long time racer at SRS, Jim is one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and is a treat to have around at the track. You know him; he's the first guy to come up and shake your hand at the track, and the guy can flat out race.

We hope you get better soon Jim. We need ya back in a hurry; someone's gotta keep us kids in line.
That's a bummer to hear! If they need help with anything, please let me know!

Jim is a super nice guy, I hope all goes well and wish him a speedy recovery!
Old 09-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey everybody,

Thats to bad!! Jake could you pm me what hospital he is at..

Thx tj
Old 09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

My prayers go out to Jim for a speedy recovery!! I will try and find out what Hospital he is in today.

Keoni
Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

SRS News-

I just got up to the track and it looks like the rain missed us at SRS last night but they are still calling for more today/tonight. I will keep you posted. The track is perfect and racing is a go as of now!!! Racing starts at 7pm tonight.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sorry to hear that about jim, he is a awesome guy and i hope he gets better soon!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Been there... I hope Jim is back soon. Happy New Year, Jim..

BTW Saturday racing still at 7:00? SRS will seem like a football field after Northland last weekend. Northland was fun but cant wait to get back to SRS. Maybe even tonight.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Track is Dry boys lets race.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

During winter does the SRS schedule change? Are the races earlier or do they
still start at 7:00?
I might have to suck it up and take a graveyard weekend shift, but I really dont
want to miss out on club races....
Old 09-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pop35eye
During winter does the SRS schedule change? Are the races earlier or do they
still start at 7:00?
I might have to suck it up and take a graveyard weekend shift, but I really dont
want to miss out on club races....
Soon we'll start racing at 4 ( or is it 6? ) on Sat and are usually done around 10-11
Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

With the Nitro KBRL at FF this weekend, Is there racing Sat night Keoni?
I figure your racing in the KBRL...
Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey everybody,

Hey everybody, Jim is good. Went to see him at the hospital and hes just as lively as ever. Had to get 3 screws in his hip after a slip and fall in the garage on Saturday. Stubborn as he is he didnt go to the hospital til Monday. Dammit JIM! Hes home now and will be back out and about in a few weeks.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayGT2
Hey everybody, Jim is good. Went to see him at the hospital and hes just as lively as ever. Had to get 3 screws in his hip after a slip and fall in the garage on Saturday. Stubborn as he is he didnt go to the hospital til Monday. Dammit JIM! Hes home now and will be back out and about in a few weeks.
Thanks for the up date Jarret! Glad to hear he is going to be his ole self soon!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pop35eye
With the Nitro KBRL at FF this weekend, Is there racing Sat night Keoni?
I figure your racing in the KBRL...
Yes there will be racing. Srs does not shut down just because there is a race somewhere else.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Good racing

You guys run a pretty nice show out there. Look forward to the next trip out. Think I might have to drag some more guys with me out that way, rolled out last night last min. so no time to round up the girls....Man is that a drive

Calling out SRS 4x4 crew to roll out to FF this thur. or sat. for 1/10 racing. See ya'll out there. Gates at 5ish race 7ish.

thanks again.

Steve-O

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.