Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:26 PM
  #4801  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Jackie Thayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the 480 dog
Posts: 48
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hey everybody,

Wanted to let everybody know that Jim Thomas suffered a broken hip on Saturday. James Clarkston was kind enough to let me know what was going on, and wanted me to relay the message. He was pulling his brand new bike in his garage when he slipped; they're workin on him now, James said he'll probably be out of the hospital tomorrow.

A long time racer at SRS, Jim is one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and is a treat to have around at the track. You know him; he's the first guy to come up and shake your hand at the track, and the guy can flat out race.

We hope you get better soon Jim. We need ya back in a hurry; someone's gotta keep us kids in line.
Jackie Thayer is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 PM
  #4802  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
mHOUPS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KCMO
Posts: 1,442
Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
Hey everybody,

Wanted to let everybody know that Jim Thomas suffered a broken hip on Saturday. James Clarkston was kind enough to let me know what was going on, and wanted me to relay the message. He was pulling his brand new bike in his garage when he slipped; they're workin on him now, James said he'll probably be out of the hospital tomorrow.

A long time racer at SRS, Jim is one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and is a treat to have around at the track. You know him; he's the first guy to come up and shake your hand at the track, and the guy can flat out race.

We hope you get better soon Jim. We need ya back in a hurry; someone's gotta keep us kids in line.
That's a bummer to hear! If they need help with anything, please let me know!

Jim is a super nice guy, I hope all goes well and wish him a speedy recovery!
mHOUPS is offline  
Old 09-21-2010, 09:01 PM
  #4803  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
carkingaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: AZ
Posts: 711
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
Hey everybody,

Wanted to let everybody know that Jim Thomas suffered a broken hip on Saturday. James Clarkston was kind enough to let me know what was going on, and wanted me to relay the message. He was pulling his brand new bike in his garage when he slipped; they're workin on him now, James said he'll probably be out of the hospital tomorrow.

A long time racer at SRS, Jim is one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and is a treat to have around at the track. You know him; he's the first guy to come up and shake your hand at the track, and the guy can flat out race.

We hope you get better soon Jim. We need ya back in a hurry; someone's gotta keep us kids in line.
Thats to bad!! Jake could you pm me what hospital he is at..

Thx tj
carkingaz is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 09:59 AM
  #4804  
KMR
Tech Fanatic
 
KMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 804
Default

My prayers go out to Jim for a speedy recovery!! I will try and find out what Hospital he is in today.

Keoni
KMR is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 10:02 AM
  #4805  
KMR
Tech Fanatic
 
KMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 804
Default

SRS News-

I just got up to the track and it looks like the rain missed us at SRS last night but they are still calling for more today/tonight. I will keep you posted. The track is perfect and racing is a go as of now!!! Racing starts at 7pm tonight.
KMR is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 AM
  #4806  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
TeamTrailerpark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

sorry to hear that about jim, he is a awesome guy and i hope he gets better soon!
TeamTrailerpark is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 02:04 PM
  #4807  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
THE DAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Been there... I hope Jim is back soon. Happy New Year, Jim..

BTW Saturday racing still at 7:00? SRS will seem like a football field after Northland last weekend. Northland was fun but cant wait to get back to SRS. Maybe even tonight.
THE DAD is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 04:20 PM
  #4808  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Track is Dry boys lets race.
Humpty is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 07:49 PM
  #4809  
Tech Adept
 
Pop35eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 230
Default

During winter does the SRS schedule change? Are the races earlier or do they
still start at 7:00?
I might have to suck it up and take a graveyard weekend shift, but I really dont
want to miss out on club races....
Pop35eye is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 10:55 PM
  #4810  
Suspended
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,990
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pop35eye
During winter does the SRS schedule change? Are the races earlier or do they
still start at 7:00?
I might have to suck it up and take a graveyard weekend shift, but I really dont
want to miss out on club races....
Soon we'll start racing at 4 ( or is it 6? ) on Sat and are usually done around 10-11
PFKAOG is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 PM
  #4811  
Tech Adept
 
Pop35eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 230
Default

With the Nitro KBRL at FF this weekend, Is there racing Sat night Keoni?
I figure your racing in the KBRL...
Pop35eye is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 07:37 PM
  #4812  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
JayGT2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Touring the AZ
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
Hey everybody,

Wanted to let everybody know that Jim Thomas suffered a broken hip on Saturday. James Clarkston was kind enough to let me know what was going on, and wanted me to relay the message. He was pulling his brand new bike in his garage when he slipped; they're workin on him now, James said he'll probably be out of the hospital tomorrow.

A long time racer at SRS, Jim is one of the coolest guys I have ever met, and is a treat to have around at the track. You know him; he's the first guy to come up and shake your hand at the track, and the guy can flat out race.

We hope you get better soon Jim. We need ya back in a hurry; someone's gotta keep us kids in line.
Hey everybody, Jim is good. Went to see him at the hospital and hes just as lively as ever. Had to get 3 screws in his hip after a slip and fall in the garage on Saturday. Stubborn as he is he didnt go to the hospital til Monday. Dammit JIM! Hes home now and will be back out and about in a few weeks.
JayGT2 is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 08:32 PM
  #4813  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
YotieKillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 480
Posts: 575
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JayGT2
Hey everybody, Jim is good. Went to see him at the hospital and hes just as lively as ever. Had to get 3 screws in his hip after a slip and fall in the garage on Saturday. Stubborn as he is he didnt go to the hospital til Monday. Dammit JIM! Hes home now and will be back out and about in a few weeks.
Thanks for the up date Jarret! Glad to hear he is going to be his ole self soon!
YotieKillin is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 PM
  #4814  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
THE DAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 533
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pop35eye
With the Nitro KBRL at FF this weekend, Is there racing Sat night Keoni?
I figure your racing in the KBRL...
Yes there will be racing. Srs does not shut down just because there is a race somewhere else.
THE DAD is offline  
Old 09-26-2010, 08:51 AM
  #4815  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 257
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Good racing

You guys run a pretty nice show out there. Look forward to the next trip out. Think I might have to drag some more guys with me out that way, rolled out last night last min. so no time to round up the girls....Man is that a drive

Calling out SRS 4x4 crew to roll out to FF this thur. or sat. for 1/10 racing. See ya'll out there. Gates at 5ish race 7ish.

thanks again.

Steve-O
fullpull is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.