Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 07-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some things never change!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoops
An SC10.... you don't want one of those! I'll make you a stupid deal on some BlitZ's with a ton of spares and brushless
who would want a blitz after all the good luck you have had with it? lol I am waiting for the Factory team SC10 to come out this month!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoops
An SC10.... you don't want one of those! I'll make you a stupid deal on some BlitZ's with a ton of spares and brushless
lol mike...giving up?? hey if anyone has a blitz, i have a set of brand new in bag cvds from hpi for the blitz...
Old 07-01-2010, 06:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by aznitronut
Some things never change!
wow thats a broad quote....
Old 07-01-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Addict

why do Nitro motors need ten minutes to warm up? they realize its like 110plus degrees outside! and regardless dont they use a heat gun to warm em up before they start them? That seem a lil retarded to say we need ten minutes to warm up!

Hear Marcus this may help if u did not all ready know

WEATHER CONDITIONS

It’s a simple fact: for optimum performance, you must retune your nitro engine every time you run it. Anyone who assumes that the needles can be left alone once they have been set is sadly mistaken. An overnight change in weather conditions may prevent an engine from running or may put it at risk of some damage if adjustments aren’t made to the fuel-mixture settings. Ignoring an engine’s tuning needs compromises its ability to make horsepower. In response to certain changes in weather, equipment and other variables, nitro engines must be regularly retuned.

Temperature.

Hot weather requires a leaner mixture setting; cold weather requires a richer setting. Most people assume the opposite because they treat the mixture needle like a thermostat. It is wrong to assume that colder weather requires a leaner setting to keep heat in the engine and vice versa. Cold air is denser than hot air. The denser, colder air packs more oxygen into the engine, so going from hot weather to cold needs a commensurate increase of fuel to balance ratio of fuel-burning oxygen and the fuel itself. The opposite is true in hotter weather. Going from cold to hot weather requires a leaner mixture setting.

Humidity.

Humidity is the amount of moisture (water vapor) in the air. Moisture in the air takes up volume that would otherwise be occupied by fuel-burning oxygen. Less oxygen means less fuel is required to maintain a proper ratio of air and fuel. High humidity requires a leaner mixture setting than dry conditions.

Barometric pressure.

A barometer measures the atmospheric pressure (generally listed in the local newspaper or on the local weather forecast on TV). Higher barometric pressure readings mean more air is getting into the engine, requiring a richer mixture setting to balance the air/fuel ratio.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
wow thats a broad quote....
It depends on how long you have been around RC.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

I thought the nitro guys needed the time for warm ups, just to piss off the electric guys, they are the only ones that bitch about it! lol
Old 07-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by YotieKillin; 07-01-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YotieKillin
"HE" is the only one that really bitches about it so I figured I give him some pointers.... lol

"we" ( me and the other girls) electric guys dont go to a nitro facility and bitch about anything we just deal with it! and, thats what your supposed to do! I personally hate the smell of it!
but, farts are okay! lol, get over it!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

Old 07-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

ok so someone is playing with my account now wtf? all my smart ass comments and things r gone
Old 07-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Did you even read your post?
It’s a simple fact: for optimum performance, you must retune your nitro engine every time you run it.
and yet you say it's retarded to need the time to warmup and tune before each race.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Suspended

It depends on how long you have been around RC.
pretty sure i have been in this hobby for over 20 years..how about you...
Old 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Suspended

I thought the nitro guys needed the time for warm ups, just to piss off the electric guys, they are the only ones that bitch about it! lol
yep..we are the only ones that bitch....please..get a life..gotta love the internet assasins on here...and if you have a problem with me..please come see me...sure we could work out our diffferences
Old 07-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by az00lude
Did you even read your post?

and yet you say it's retarded to need the time to warmup and tune before each race.
please tell me where there has ever been 10 minutes to warm up before a race...it has never been that way at srs...i am speaking from experience...even from the old srs...never has there been a race with a 10 minute warm up...i have nothing against gas, but if you allow them to warm up for 10 minutes...the program would last a very long time...and being that srs is in a residential area, im sure there would be complaints...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.