Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KMR View Post
SRS NEWS-

*To ensure that SRS hosts the best possible race this weekend Chris Wheeler and Jake Thayer have decided to do some changes in our layout. "Yes a layout change! and Yes it will be done by WED" I promise you will not be disappointed!

To take this event to another level Scottsdale RC Speedway has decided to give all the Short Course racers that enter the series race this Saturday a $10.00 Race certificate that can be used for club races for the month of June. Not only are you entering to race this great series but you will get a discount next time you want to race at SRS.
You guys are AWESOME!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hoops View Post

What is that chassis made out of? If I didn't know any better I'd say that it looks like some sort of fiberboard with a resin overcoat. Is that what it is?
Old 06-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
What is that chassis made out of? If I didn't know any better I'd say that it looks like some sort of fiberboard with a resin overcoat. Is that what it is?
I don't know what it is, I was wondering the same thing. I don't think HPI has really said what it's made out of, other than don't case jumps or hit a curb.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok, so we know my ESE broke this weekend, I assembled the kit last week and this was the first time I drove it. My questions are; should it of broke, should it of broke so many parts, was it that hard of a hit?

I've seen other "brands" of SCT's take just as hard or harder hits with minimal damage. Are the "race specific" SCT's that much more fragile that I need to race with more caution and/or take a more conservative approach?

Give me some feedback, I know I'm not the best driver and I don't take it serious but I would like to keep my junk in one piece

Here are some photos;

That thing is a Turd. Scrap it and get a SC10
Old 06-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I guess camping might have to wait yet another weekend
Old 06-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Keoni or Jackie,
Any word on a 4th of July race this year? Just currious if there are plans for one...

Last edited by RCHavoc; 06-15-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

I don't know what it is, I was wondering the same thing. I don't think HPI has really said what it's made out of, other than don't case jumps or hit a curb.
Bizarre. The material really surprises me.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by YotieKillin View Post
I raced last week myself but I was not impressed and in the flyer it stated u had to make all four to qualify? I am going to save my money time and gas bill and spend it at srs on club races. I would think the track would get some sort of payment for water and electric?

Good luck to all on the rest of the series I am out! Getting my t4 built and ready to race!!!
So, a question if you don't mind. Unimpressed with what when you raced?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jason-149 View Post
I have black ones that they sent me also if you would like one of those. Either way no problem. I actually broke 3 myself. 1 at competition hobies and 2 at our track. None were really that hard of a hit besides the first one (kinda messing around that time).
This is the responce I got from hpi,
"We will not be able to warranty this item due to the fact that it seems to be crash damage. You must remember that this car is meant for track use specifically and the plastic is much stiffer. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to contact me."

So hey Jason, it looks like I'll be needing that chassis. Can you bring me the black RTR chassis please?

So, in the grand scheme of things..... if you buy an ESE you can NOT, 1) case a jump 2) hit curbs/piping 3) Crash
Old 06-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is the responce I got from hpi,
"We will not be able to warranty this item due to the fact that it seems to be crash damage. You must remember that this car is meant for track use specifically and the plastic is much stiffer. If you have any other questions or concerns feel free to contact me."

So hey Jason, it looks like I'll be needing that chassis. Can you bring me the black RTR chassis please?
Ya no problem. I'll have them out there on saturday. If you could just take off the old chassis and bring it with you. We will probably be there around 1 or 2 so plenty of time to get it going for the races. Let me know if you need any other parts that you broke. I probably have them in either white or black.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Dear Ringleader and Turd,

I miss you. Please come play cars with me.

Love,

Jackie
Old 06-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer View Post
Dear Ringleader and Turd,

I miss you. Please come play cars with me.

Love,

Jackie
jesus balls....
Old 06-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Wait till ya see the new Track.. Pipes have been moved and it Looks sweet... Thanks to Jackie and Wheelie... And i think i seen Tanner in a pic or 2... And to George... I know he was there ... And I got pics at 100am last nite ... So they did work...
Old 06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Suspended

so post the pics hump
Old 06-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by i am cornholio View Post
so post the pics hump
Yeah.... what he said!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.