Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 06-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jason-149
Actually we spoke with Keoni about this the other day. He asked if it would be a problem running a club race the same time as the series race. We told him this series was the same as the KBRL and the ACS series races. Which both had sponsors and racers that made commitments to support the series. It would be unfair to the racers and the sponsors to include a club race in conjuction with the series. It's not too late to race in the series. We hope everyone understands and agrees with us that a multi track series should have its own race dates/ times. Thanks all, hope to see everyone next weekend!!!
So a track's regular customers who's weekly patronism pays the bills at a track get turned away for racers that may only come around once in a while? Isn't that unfair to the regular local racers? Sounds to me like this race should be on a none club race day.

Last edited by RC Racer OG; 06-13-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

thats what it sounds like. i know i wont be paying 25 to play
Old 06-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone got a .12 or .15 engine in good condition they want to get rid of? Let me know.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
So a track's regular customers who's weekly patronism pays the bills at a track get turned away for racers that may only come around once in a while? Isn't that unfair to the regular local racers? Sounds to me like this race should be on a none club race day.
I agree too. They should have schedule it on Friday night or early Saturday. Start in the morning so we could have our club race at night!!! Keoni is going to loose money that day because of this series race if that's the way it ends up. Oh well which ever I guess I am going camping again if that's the case...
Old 06-13-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

So does the hosting track not make anything off a multi-track series? I'm just not familiar with how these things work. I raced last week at CH and was briefly considering racing all 4 of the series just to see some of the other AZ tracks. SRS will always be my home track and I will continue to support whatever decisions they make.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It's amazing that there are so many more people running SCT's than even 6 months ago during the KBRL. And with a full merger of Tucson and Phoenix racers, this weekend could potentially have some of the toughest SC and Pro2 competition AZ has seen to date. It would be a shame if Saturday fizzles out over the extra entry fee.

Maybe instead of 2 seperate races (series and club race), you could just allow the locals not eligible for prizes (since they couldn't make all 4 rounds) to pay the normal $15 fee and simply put a * next to their name on the results which means they don't count for points?

Otherwise it sounds like SRS and the series hosts are possibly going to lose out on a lot of $ from missing entries. Not only that but what could potentially be a big SCT event this weekend may fall way short of what it should be.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

I raced last week myself but I was not impressed and in the flyer it stated u had to make all four to qualify? I am going to save my money time and gas bill and spend it at srs on club races. I would think the track would get some sort of payment for water and electric?

Good luck to all on the rest of the series I am out! Getting my t4 built and ready to race!!!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Are you actually going to race the T4 or are you just going to finish building it and stick it in back on the shelf where its at right now cause you bought it from your idol? Haha
Old 06-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JayGT2
Are you actually going to race the T4 or are you just going to finish building it and stick it in back on the shelf where its at right now cause you bought it from your idol? Haha
lol yes the slash is going on the wall "shelf"
Old 06-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by greasemonkey74
So does the hosting track not make anything off a multi-track series? I'm just not familiar with how these things work. I raced last week at CH and was briefly considering racing all 4 of the series just to see some of the other AZ tracks. SRS will always be my home track and I will continue to support whatever decisions they make.
Originally Posted by YotieKillin
I raced last week myself but I was not impressed and in the flyer it stated u had to make all four to qualify? I am going to save my money time and gas bill and spend it at srs on club races. I would think the track would get some sort of payment for water and electric?

Good luck to all on the rest of the series I am out! Getting my t4 built and ready to race!!!
Absolutely the hosting track gets paid for the use of the track. In most cases the track makes more than the promoter. Due to the cost of the trophy/plaques and t-shirts, advertising and what not. We are toying with the idea of having one throw out. What is everyones opinion on that?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Suspended

Absolutely the hosting track gets paid for the use of the track. In most cases the track makes more than the promoter. Due to the cost of the trophy/plaques and t-shirts, advertising and what not. We are toying with the idea of having one throw out. What is everyones opinion on that?
I think the popular opinion is going to be to go along with what Jake said
Originally Posted by Jackie Thayer
Yes sir, if you don't wanna run the series, it's club racing as normal. 15 bones.

By the way.... We will have a track change by Wednesday, the 16th. Try to mix it up until the rebuild- should be sick!!
Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

If the flyer says you need to make all 4 to qualify, it should stay that way. IMO, I don't think anything should change after an event or series starts.

So, the only race next Saturday will be SCT's?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

your flier didnt say that?
Old 06-13-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC Racer OG
I think the popular opinion is going to be to go along with what Jake said
+1
Old 06-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Jason- I would suggest giving Keoni a call at the shop on Tuesday or if you have his personal number give him a call tomorrow, this is something better left off the forums as we all know how they can be and how they can spiral out of control. As of Saturday night Keoni was under the impression that we will be running our normal club race classes on Saturday and had Jackie announce that many times so a phone call may be the best way to clear things up instead of the forums.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.