Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i junked my ese ball diff after 2 race nights and got the gear diff from hpi. it seems to hook up a little better with 5-7K in it and its not gonna break or slip. The ese seems like a dud to me, was looking into the AE sc10FT kit, but if losi is gona do a strike adam drake edition i am all in for that! cool!!! forget the SC class and its drama, gas truck is where its at!!!! and i think everyone at srs in pro 2 is running 10.5s as the class rules are 10.5. pro 4 on the otherhand.... money pit class thats doomed =)
Scott
Old 06-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YotieKillin View Post
Actually they are almost all running 8.5 or 9.5 motors now...

And Kinwald I think is running an 8.5 in his x-ray sc two truck put together to make one! He made last weekend look way to effortless at the sc only race at comp hobbies
I think the rules that were quoted were for SRS, Not CH. CH runs an SC Mod class so the 8.5 is appropriate for the class.

Kinwald is not running an X-Ray SC truck. It is an X Factory SCX-60
Old 06-09-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedyDad View Post
I think the rules that were quoted were for SRS, Not CH. CH runs an SC Mod class so the 8.5 is appropriate for the class.

Kinwald is not running an X-Ray SC truck. It is an X Factory SCX-60
my bad! the thing is super bad ass too!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scotty250 View Post
i junked my ese ball diff after 2 race nights and got the gear diff from hpi. it seems to hook up a little better with 5-7K in it and its not gonna break or slip. The ese seems like a dud to me, was looking into the AE sc10FT kit, but if losi is gona do a strike adam drake edition i am all in for that! cool!!! forget the SC class and its drama, gas truck is where its at!!!! and i think everyone at srs in pro 2 is running 10.5s as the class rules are 10.5. pro 4 on the otherhand.... money pit class thats doomed =)
Scott
Really!!! A Drake edition ......

I have my spare gear diff in my ESE now, it seems pretty dialed in my Art Series with 30k wt oil...
Old 06-09-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I run a 10.5 in mine and have no problems keeping up with anyone, all that motor means nothing if you don't know how to use it.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by moparsrule View Post
I run a 10.5 in mine and have no problems keeping up with anyone, all that motor means nothing if you don't know how to use it.
i think its a matter of being able to get over an obstacle with out a run at it. I run a 13.5 in my brick. I mean slash... I am so tired of buying bearings for that thing! I replaced all the bearing in the tranny and the rear hubs last weekend. It runs real good now. lol I think its time for a newer model or different vehicle all together. I was thinking HPI but all this talk of nothing good about them makes me wonder but they handle like no other so I hear... Or should I just start running my t4? hmmm
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Addict

Default Ray

Ray you have pm
Old 06-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

i think its a matter of being able to get over an obstacle with out a run at it. I run a 13.5 in my brick. I mean slash... I am so tired of buying bearings for that thing! I replaced all the bearing in the tranny and the rear hubs last weekend. It runs real good now. lol I think its time for a newer model or different vehicle all together. I was thinking HPI but all this talk of nothing good about them makes me wonder but they handle like no other so I hear... Or should I just start running my t4? hmmm
The SC10 you chase traction (I hear) and the Blitz you chase steering (and parts), with the out of the box configuration. Hpi CS is great and they will replace broken parts, but there IS a point when that gets tiring, and the parts availability (sp) online or at LHS is very very thin. The SC10 on the other hand, I don't know about the CS, but you can get parts anywhere in the world.

Personally, if I were to do it all over again, I would be racing an SC10 (other than my $20 ESE).

IMO, Hpi is more worried about getting something different out on the SCT market than they are R&D, quality R&D. They still have RTR issues, but they came out with the ESE....with the same issues.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

had fun last night...even if i had the only noisy car out there. why couldn't i have a 7 min run like that in alabama?

btw what were those guys in unlimited 4 running motor-wise?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The hot setup for Pro-4 is the Novak HV 4.5.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have the 5.5 in mine.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

Jake and I are running 6.5 in ours. With a 5200 50c pack I get 13-14min run time and the motor runs just under 200deg and the speedo runs about 130ish.

KA-
LRP TC Speedo
Novak 6.5HV
SMC 5200 50C
OFNA 10SC

JT-
Novak GTB Speedo
Novak 6.5HV
Reedy 5000 35C?
OFNA 10SC
Old 06-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Addict

Keoni

Do you want a free refridgerator for the "pit room"? It's free, all we need is someone on this side of town with a truck to get it there.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i like the blitz, the ese ive heard is junk, i bought the rtr and i havnt had any issues. I have spares but havent used any.

to the comment on chasing steering, idk what you have your set up at, mine turns great.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i like the blitz, the ese ive heard is junk, i bought the rtr and i havnt had any issues. I have spares but havent used any.

to the comment on chasing steering, idk what you have your set up at, mine turns great.
Like in my slash I use to not have any steering in it and I all of a sudden have too much just about?! It is weird but oh well I am over my slash time to move on to another breed of truck! lol

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.