Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 06-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Alabama blue groove was cool, but i miss Scottsdale sand and rocks...

8th scalers tonight at SRS... the return of the bignasty!

who's down?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Then I guess I would just have to race in the faster class. Nothing new for me. And is it really that big of a deal? How many people at the track are paying their mortgage racing rc cars? Not many. And if it became that big of a deal I would just add weight until I met specs. I race GT2 in the 1/8 scale gas class every week and I never complain. Racing against faster cars and drivers makes you faster.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JayGT2 View Post
Then I guess I would just have to race in the faster class. Nothing new for me. And is it really that big of a deal? How many people at the track are paying their mortgage racing rc cars? Not many. And if it became that big of a deal I would just add weight until I met specs. I race GT2 in the 1/8 scale gas class every week and I never complain. Racing against faster cars and drivers makes you faster.
Jay
And you do really well agains the 1/8 scale buggies. My concern is that I see the number of racers in Pro 2 declining. Perhaps it is the heat. Or perhaps not being close in possible performance to the "haves" is a factor. I know "cubic $" makes speed. But is that what Pro 2 is supposed to be. I know I will race.

M
Old 06-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
Mike:
I know a few 'one of kind' trucks race occasionally. My thought is that more exotic and perhaps costly trucks are coming which could create a small group of "haves" and a much larger group of "have nots" which will shortly kill this class.

SRS has seen a number of classes become popular over the past few years then promptly die.
I fully understand the ebb and flow of racer's interests. Just wondering if Pro 2 can be kept alive for a significant amount of time.

M
There is nothing exotic about any of the converted trucks. An SC10 is simply a T4 converted to an SCT and now other people who are loyal to brands other than Associated are occasionally converting their trucks the same way. My XXX-T SCT (made by Billy Fischer) was 100% ROAR legal (specs and weight) and even made with some of the same associated parts found on an SC10.

Jay

Yes, ROAR is the governing body that SRS uses for larger races. But when did you see a car weighed for a club race? Depending on how you read the SRS Pro 2 rules a modified chassis would not be legal due to the impact on the weight of the truck.
Personally I could buy the parts to create an top of the line truck (I know not the driving skill) but is this what we want this class to become?

M
Aaron Waldron (editor of RC Mag) used to cry to no end about the traxxas slash class, saying that if they didn't keep it to all stock specs (including the $3 stock servo), that the class would spin out of control and burn out. I would argue with him that eventually AE and other companies will make racier versions of the truck and the class will grow even bigger because it will draw from even more people loyal to their brands. And that's exactly what happened when AE released the SC10, the class BLEW UP.

These new "exotic" trucks you are afraid of will only help the class grow even more. ROAR had the foresight to put rules into place for the class over a year ago and all the new vehicles (and conversions) are being made to those regulations, which in itself will protect the integrity of the class.

So instead of fearing the new conversions and manufacturer SCT's, they should be welcomed. With every new brand of truck comes another group of racers to the class that are brand loyal. Believe me, the SCT class has only begun to grow and it's not going anywhere for quite a long time.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

Pro 2 is the 13.5 class right?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayGT2 View Post
Pro 2 is the 13.5 class right?
The pro2 guys run 10.5

PRO-2
Traxxas Slash or Associated SC-10 or equivalent
7.2 volt NICD/NIMH or 2 cell 7.4 volt Lipo Only!
Maximum motor limit a 10.5 Brushless or a 19 Turn Brushed Equivalent
No chassis modifications allowed, that may affect the overall weight of the vehicle
Any aftermarket part made per your chassis allowed
Any tire made for your vehicle you are allowed to run with no modifications to the
wheels and tires
Old 06-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Pro 2

Mr. Clement:
I know that I am probably just talking to the wind. But
The stock Slash class is gone. Yes replaced by more competitive units. But a number of the folks who paid for a Slash are gone also.

Yes perhaps the more exotic vehicles will create more interest. I have a Losi I might convert just for the heck of it.

Hopefully in a year the class is still as vibrant as it is today.

M
Old 06-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

I have to say that I agree with Martin and Trevor. Martin wants the class to stay PURE, understandable. Where did all the Pro 2 drivers go? I side more with Trevor because I'm all about a class growing and evolving. Its not to say that the Pro 2 class is going to get crowded up with a bunch of hybrids, I don't think that would be right, especially if they could somehow have their own class.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Addict

Mr. Clement:
The stock Slash class is gone. Yes replaced by more competitive units. But a number of the folks who paid for a Slash are gone also.

Yes perhaps the more exotic vehicles will create more interest. I have a Losi I might convert just for the heck of it.

M
Yes the stock slash class is gone, and yet there are more people racing SCT's than ever.

Let me ask you this: Do you think that if there was never any evolution to the SCT class and the Slash was still the only truck available, and you had to race it bone stock, that we would still be seeing the same growth to the class?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There is the X Factory SCX 60 that may come.
The X Factory SCX-60 chassis is already available and has been raced at SRS several times.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
Yes the stock slash class is gone, and yet there are more people racing SCT's than ever.

Let me ask you this: Do you think that if there was never any evolution to the SCT class and the Slash was still the only truck available, and you had to race it bone stock, that we would still be seeing the same growth to the class?
Stop talking about this or ROAR might step in they are doing a great job with the 1/8 scale class. Proline drivers I saw some 3.7 truggy tires in the discount bin at the LHS get them while there hot for nationals.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Mr. Clement:

M
what makes a xxxt-cr converted more exotic than a fully hopped up SC 10 with ball diff, FT shocks, etc etc etc?
Old 06-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

imma be taking a break from 8th scale after this week (probably not too long, tho) and i'm gonna be bringing my slash.... i get my ass kicked in 8th scale all the time, so it won't be anything new with a slash
Old 06-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Suspended

MR. CLEMENT LOL

I thought it was Carlos Spicy ..............uh something

Everyone needs to relax about all of this, I understand everyones point on this. This entire "hobby" is supposed to be all about change and advancement, thats how this all works. If everyone bought a slash and had to race it bone stock how would any of the other companies, hobby shops, track owners, track builders, and race directors make any money. You need to stop thinking about one persons budget and think about this as a "group" effort. Everyone needs to support all companys, tracks, shops, and race directors. Without them we wouldnt have cars to race, places to race, and that would not be fun at all. I know that I have done everything that I can to support my local shops, tracks, and directors. So stop complaining about stuff that doesnt even matter, just show up and have fun, and spend some money LOL.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jerell Gray View Post
Everyone needs to relax about all of this.
Nothing wrong with having a discussion is there? I don't see any name calling or rctech drama.

Originally Posted by Jerell Gray View Post
So stop complaining about stuff that doesnt even matter, just show up and have fun
Talk about the Leprechaun calling the midget short.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.