Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by carkingaz
This is the short course weekend right?
Yes it is as well as next week
Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by az00lude
You should bring this out for Sunlakes race on the 30th and run 45 min main.
Pretty much all the local 1/8th scale drivers will be there.
I am going to do what I can to make that race. I like the idea of racing equals, especially with this pig. To race an event like that, how much fuel will you go through and how many sets of tires? Any other info would be awesome, it sounds like you definitly need a pit guy or girl.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoops
I am going to do what I can to make that race. I like the idea of racing equals, especially with this pig. To race an event like that, how much fuel will you go through and how many sets of tires? Any other info would be awesome, it sounds like you definitly need a pit guy or girl.
just get a set of Bow ties or somthing like that and one set will last for days out there. about 1/2 gallon of fuel and if you need help with the pits or any thing just ask, that is the cool thing about NITRO.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

hoops, you will prob pit around 7-8 min mark, idk how efficient that ae engine is. pitting at 7 min you will pit 7 times, pitting at 7.5 you will put 6 times, and unless you can do 9 which i dount you will put 5 times. so lets say you can do 7 min pits, thats 125 cc every 7 min, that equals to roughly 1/4 of a gallon. so for the whole day,practice, qualifers, main, prob 1/2 a gallon aprox, matters on how much practice you run.

As far as tires, sunlakes are great on tires, you will run the whole day and prob not notice any wear.You will def need a pit person, people at SL are extremely helpful , you can find someone no problem, if im free i can but i have to pit my dad and i race as well so idk how the schedule will go. If you need any help lmk, youve helped me enough with SC. btw what is your name?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
just get a set of Bow ties or somthing like that and one set will last for days out there. about 1/2 gallon of fuel and if you need help with the pits or any thing just ask, that is the cool thing about NITRO.
Oh wow! That's not too bad, I was thinking gallons of fuel (that shows my experience ) As for asking for help, I'll duck tape a pole to my back with a sign that says "help" lol!

That is the cool thing about RC, it seems like someone is always around to lend a hand.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by losi_racer
hoops, you will prob pit around 7-8 min mark, idk how efficient that ae engine is. pitting at 7 min you will pit 7 times, pitting at 7.5 you will put 6 times, and unless you can do 9 which i dount you will put 5 times. so lets say you can do 7 min pits, thats 125 cc every 7 min, that equals to roughly 1/4 of a gallon. so for the whole day,practice, qualifers, main, prob 1/2 a gallon aprox, matters on how much practice you run.

As far as tires, sunlakes are great on tires, you will run the whole day and prob not notice any wear.You will def need a pit person, people at SL are extremely helpful , you can find someone no problem, if im free i can but i have to pit my dad and i race as well so idk how the schedule will go. If you need any help lmk, youve helped me enough with SC. btw what is your name?
Awesome, Thanks for the info! I'll need to practice all day, lol!

My name's Mike, yours? I suck with names, I usually do the "HEY Dude" thing.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Awesome, Thanks for the info! I'll need to practice all day, lol!

My name's Mike, yours? I suck with names, I usually do the "HEY Dude" thing.
i think i seen your truck yesterday but can put a face to the name. Im douglas, i had the stock body blitz, i was wearing aka tires shirt
Old 05-20-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
or you could run it a srs....pretty much all the pro 2 guys will be there....hahahahaha...j/k...hope they got all of there stuff up and running again..sucks to hear about the theft out there..
We are up and running and will be racing tomorrow night Ray! You should come down sometime and check us out- we have a lot of fun and a great turnout We have a short-course class as well. Love to have ya sometime
Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

and unless you can do 9 which i dount you will put 5 times.

down and quiet......0
first pit at 9..........1
second pit at 18.....2
third pit at 27........3
forth pit at 36........4

and your home free..........four pits silly!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CaseyP
down and quiet......0
second pit at 18.....2
third pit at 27........3
forth pit at 36........4

lol, ok so i added a pit to each one, who doesnt wanna pit after the race lol
Old 05-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

i think i seen your truck yesterday but can put a face to the name. Im douglas, i had the stock body blitz, i was wearing aka tires shirt
I have the Rockstar Blitz, I remember seeing you yesterday

Originally Posted by CaseyP
down and quiet......0
second pit at 18.....2
third pit at 27........3
forth pit at 36........4

Down & quiet....what's that?

The pit stops make me laugh, when I roadraced I ran out of gas a few times. So my wife keeps giving me s_hit about the nitro car, "don't forget the gas", lol!
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

I have the Rockstar Blitz, I remember seeing you yesterday

Down & quiet....what's that?

The pit stops make me laugh, when I roadraced I ran out of gas a few times. So my wife keeps giving me s_hit about the nitro car, "don't forget the gas", lol!
down and quiet is nitro way of starting a race, your pit guy holds the car n the air, fuels up, and the race director does, marshals ready, drivers ready, down and quiet, your pit guy then put you on the ground, and you sit still till they hit the buzzer and then you go.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

down and quiet is nitro way of starting a race, your pit guy holds the car n the air, fuels up, and the race director does, marshals ready, drivers ready, down and quiet, your pit guy then put you on the ground, and you sit still till they hit the buzzer and then you go.
Ah ok, I remember that from the the Nitro Challenge. It will be fun, to say the least, when is SL open for practice?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ah ok, I remember that from the the Nitro Challenge. It will be fun, to say the least, when is SL open for practice?
SL is racing tonight. Not sure about practice,sat/sun i think.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rubbins_Racin
We are up and running and will be racing tomorrow night Ray! You should come down sometime and check us out- we have a lot of fun and a great turnout We have a short-course class as well. Love to have ya sometime
will have to make it out there sometime...dont know when..there are a lot of series going on right now

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.