Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
That sucks you wont be at the pit on the first, and I wish I could race on Saturday, but I have to work at 2:00am. As for the 2.0 thats cool, one more weapon in your arsenal.You could win with any thing, Losi should be lucky you drive their car.
Originally Posted by BigNasty
Yeah, and after every race, the dirt actually thanks wheelie for racing on it!

Seriously, it sucks you won't be there. What happened to Jeff? Let me know how the 2.0 is!
I gotta add Chris is my hero!

When are you gonna have that 2.0 Chris? I might stop by your store I want to see it in person.
Old 10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ringleader
Spear--You afraid to come down south to Tsn??

Rich

Zippy- Not afraid just business needs to pick up some. When is the SIGP?

Scott
Old 10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Punchy--1st weekend of December 6th/7th, hope some of you guys can make it down..

Rich
Old 10-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm there!
Old 10-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Derby Bros Racing
I gotta add Chris is my hero!

When are you gonna have that 2.0 Chris? I might stop by your store I want to see it in person.
Already got it! got it Friday and ran it Saturday night! I'll have it at the track Wednesday I'll probably run a few tanks after the races, no racing for me wednesday though i wanna make sure I run a speedy program for those that have to get to work early in the morning that way they can have some middle of the week fun without being a zombie on thursday lol
Old 10-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Zippy, new track for the SWIGP? Will it be run dry?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Suspended

new body for the 18 wheeler
Attached Thumbnails SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-wheelie.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Newbe here. I will be comming out to SRS for the first time, either this Saturday or next. I have a T-4. With the new track conf. , What tires are you running on the rear. Are they running the track wet or dry? Which tire works best for either application? also what gears are they running? From videos on u-tube, the track looks flatter and faster. I havent been out there since May. Id like to get in the ballpark before I come out.
Thanks,
Chris S.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M_R_Fast
Newbe here. I will be comming out to SRS for the first time, either this Saturday or next. I have a T-4. With the new track conf. , What tires are you running on the rear. Are they running the track wet or dry? Which tire works best for either application? also what gears are they running? From videos on u-tube, the track looks flatter and faster. I havent been out there since May. Id like to get in the ballpark before I come out.
Thanks,
Chris S.

Chris-

You are going to want to run Pro-Line Edge's in front (M3 compound w/ stock foam) and Holeshots (M3 compound w/stock foam) or Bowties (M3 compound w/ stock foam). The track is run wet, except for special occassions or a big race. The current layout is actually very fun, fast, quite a few jumps and elevation changes. Set-up wise, you may want to check out www.rc10.com for set-ups for wet track. This is the Team Associated home page. Hope this helps.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Thats perfect except, what gear are people runnin there? I have a 10 turn Novak brushless. I consider myself an advanced beginner. lean more twards the beginner. My truck is pretty close on the set-up, Just need to freshin it up. Also why is the track run Dry on big events only? Does it raise the difficulty level?

Last edited by M_R_Fast; 10-27-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added more question
Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Most tracks run dry for large events to ensure that the track conditions are equal for all heats. When watering, the track isn't as consistent and you have to keep track of if the track is going to water before your heat or not.

Paul
Old 10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is some pictures from the states race.
Attached Thumbnails SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-states-race-007.jpg   SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-states-race-006.jpg   SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-states-race-005.jpg   SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-states-race-004.jpg   SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-states-race-003.jpg  

Old 10-27-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

one more
Attached Thumbnails SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread-states-race-002.jpg  
Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also, if the track were run dry all the time it would not last as long as it breaks up. It also would be too expensive to keep decent tires on your car. . I race pretty much every Saturday and at least 2 wednesdays and buy approx. 1 set of truck rears a month and fronts about every 3 months. At that pace if you do OK race bucks can keep you in tires. It helps when James or weelie isn't running truck
Old 10-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Dad, I know the track will be changed up, not sure if it will be a complete
rebuild. And yes, it will be run dry. Hopefully you can get a few of you Tito's tacos hombres down.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.