Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
SRS - Scottsdale    The un-official racers thread >

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SRS - Scottsdale The un-official racers thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

not the right place< but anyway everyone come out and check out the new point series races coming up in october at the new Sun Lakes R/C track. see the thread for details.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:16 PM
KMR
Tech Fanatic

The summer point series is getting down to the last couple rounds. Please note the time change for the finals.

Round 5 Sat Aug 15th 8pm Start
Round 6 Wed Aug 19th 7pm Start

Finals Sat Aug 22nd 8pm Start

Top 10 go to the finals on Aug 22nd. We have been asked if you dont make the top 10 are you going to be able to race on Saturday Aug 22nd? YES If we get enough people we will run a club race as well as the Point Series Finals. Give us a call at the shop if you have any questions.

Thanks Keoni
Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brizzle
Hello I just bought a used SC10 for myself and two new Slash's for my kids. Its been a few years since I have been to SRS and I have never run the short course trucks on a track. Does anyone have any recomendations for set up on my trucks.
Hey Brizzle shizzle, I just got into SC Trucks and it seems everyone is going with soft GooseBumps all the way around on the SC10s. They're for sure better than the stockers, but anyway you slice it SC's are hard to drive imo.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markhat250
Hey Brizzle shizzle, I just got into SC Trucks and it seems everyone is going with soft GooseBumps all the way around on the SC10s. They're for sure better than the stockers, but anyway you slice it SC's are hard to drive imo.
Thanks dude! Your avatar makes me laugh everytime I see you on here!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Hey I know I cant sell anything on this thread, but any of you locals have a 4 wheel you want to sell!?

PM me or email Paul [email protected] like to get it tonight or tomorrow... B44 or ZX

Thanks all!
Old 08-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mo-Bo0st
I knew that someone would respond with this lame excuse.

So what you are saying then is:

-If you get taken out by another driver, "its your fault".
-If the marshal puts you back on the wrong part of the track, "Its your fault".
-If the marshal puts you down facing the wrong direction on the track, "Its your fault".
-If the marshal puts you down on the wrong part of the track AND facing backwards, "its your fault".
-If the marshal doesn't want to touch your "Scary, noisy, smelly, dirty nitro car", then "its your fault" for choosing to drive nitro.

And by your theory of it being "the marshal's choice to run, jog, or walk to your car", you may as well have the racers marshaling their own cars.

Grow up. All I was doing is suggesting a way to make the racing experience better for everyone, by teaching people how to marshal properly. The whole problem with people is they want to come out and race (having their cake), but they don't want to do the little bit of work required (eating it to) when it comes to marshaling for 5 minutes.

Things will probably never change, but it doesn't hurt to throw the idea out there.
this is always going to be a touchy subject...no one is perfect, and very seldom does anyone not make a mistake during a 5 minute run...as for the whining about the marshalling, well there very well could be a class for it..i will say that 10 years ago it was differrent, but unless your getting paid to do this hobby, it is a hobby and should be for fun...im sure everyone gets marshalled badly sometimes, or maybe it happens a lot, but everyone is in the same boat..this is a hobby and it is for fun..im sure if you cared about it that much you could bring it up to the race director or even Keoni. but coming on line and crying about it doenst accomplish anything..believe me i know..i have been blamed for killing onroad here..lol..until then, have fun with yours and everyone else that enjoys this hobby...
Old 08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ray im going to need another coke and some peanuts......thaaaanks
Old 08-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Yeah I made a mistake and ended up my lid, No big deal. It kinda became a big deal when the kid who was marshaling stood over my car and looked at it for a couple mins trying to find a place to grab it at.... O well live to race another day.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by i am cornholio
this is always going to be a touchy subject...no one is perfect, and very seldom does anyone not make a mistake during a 5 minute run...as for the whining about the marshalling, well there very well could be a class for it..i will say that 10 years ago it was differrent, but unless your getting paid to do this hobby, it is a hobby and should be for fun...im sure everyone gets marshalled badly sometimes, or maybe it happens a lot, but everyone is in the same boat..this is a hobby and it is for fun..im sure if you cared about it that much you could bring it up to the race director or even Keoni. but coming on line and crying about it doenst accomplish anything..believe me i know..i have been blamed for killing onroad here..lol..until then, have fun with yours and everyone else that enjoys this hobby...

It has been brought up to them. I wasn't crying about it either...I made a simple suggestion. Some people on here need to get get some looser undies. My suggestion isn't nullified by people making dumb-ass statements like..."its the marshals choice how fast he gets to your car". Thats all I was getting at.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

I was thinking about taking my son to race his new Slash for his first time on saturday night, and I plan on racing my SC10. Is there usually a pretty good turn out saturday night for the short course trucks?
Old 08-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brizzle
I was thinking about taking my son to race his new Slash for his first time on saturday night, and I plan on racing my SC10. Is there usually a pretty good turn out saturday night for the short course trucks?

Saturday is a point series race, all classes will be packed! come on out
Old 08-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Saturday is a point series race, all classes will be packed! come on out
james, its for sure ill be out tommrow, picking some torco up from steven so i gotta retune. but other then that im ready
Old 08-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Mr Busdriver sir, I have 4 new Lapdances for you (girl of your choosing)...

CHECK YOUR PM
Old 08-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hemi4me
Mr Busdriver sir, I have 4 new Lapdances for you (girl of your choosing)...

CHECK YOUR PM
Paul, If you are coming to SRS tonight bring those 2 rollers and the spare parts..I'll have a look..
Old 08-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Paul, If you are coming to SRS tonight bring those 2 rollers and the spare parts..I'll have a look..
Sorry man sold the XT8 for $541 the one XB808 for $398 the 09 XB for $460 the parts for $250 the universals and diffs for $150 the 9 braces $60

Great deal on the parts I added up over $1100 in spares

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.