AZ ONROAD RACERS

Reply

Old 02-10-2015, 04:14 PM
  #2356  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Root_66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

What a bunch of crap. Just shut up and race. Who cares if the track is a little blocked. Most of the time you will be going so fast you won't even notice the column. We all should be glad we have one more place to race. Remember racers the more money the track makes with on road the more improvements will happen to make it better. Support your local tracks people.
Root_66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:18 PM
  #2357  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
DesJardins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Ahhh forums

So any takers this week to go practice with the minis?
DesJardins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:53 PM
  #2358  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
clinehobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maricopa, Arizona
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Too funny is right. Np Bill I expected to get the childish comments like "just shut up!", and "what track have you run"; lashing out and name calling is much easier than honestly discussing things like adults.
Chris, I was not singling you out, after looking back your the only one with the negative comments. So I guess I was singling you out. lol too Funny!!
Honestly, I'm happy to see another track try to get something going. I will race there when I can or I'm not racing with the guys at hobby town Gilbert.
I don't think complaining about the place before it gets going is helpful. You are always so negative on rctech about everything that has to do with something different. I think you would find something wrong if you won the lottery or got a hall pass with a super model! But I do know you personally and I know that you mean well, I think just like my post your posts are childish and seem to run toward the negative. There are tons of other reasons that SRS on road could fail. It would be nice if our posts here could help build a crowd and grow the sport. when I had my rc parking lot races the rctech thing helped and if I had the negative comments on my thread I don't think I could have lasted as long as I did.
Everyone has to race on the same surface and have pretty much the same eye sight angles and dead spots with the poles.
I really don't see an issue with the track... just adapt your set up and race!
AND SHUT UP ON RCTECH!!!
Bill Cline
clinehobbies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:27 AM
  #2359  
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,548
Default

So... What's going to be the magic tire sauce, black can paragon? mmm winter green freshness!
EricF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:50 AM
  #2360  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
DesJardins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by EricF View Post
So... What's going to be the magic tire sauce, black can paragon? mmm winter green freshness!
Good question & I have one that ties in... Those with the Minis are you even using sauce on the stock Tamiya 60D's?

I felt like it was decent as is with these tires
DesJardins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:12 AM
  #2361  
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,548
Default

Actually, I haven't raced my mini, I've driven around my house maybe a hand full of times. Maybe Bill C. or some of the guys that have raced them will chime in.
EricF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:58 AM
  #2362  
Tech Apprentice
 
AZ Wolfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 87
Default

Originally Posted by EricF View Post
So... What's going to be the magic tire sauce, black can paragon? mmm winter green freshness!
Talked to my brother last night, and here is what he said about tire sauce.

"Adam doesn't want anyone applying "scented" tire sauce indoors. Therefore a station will be setup outside by the track for saucing application. However if using a no odor sauce like SXT then you can apply it indoors at your pit space."

So our though is to let everyone use up their old Paragon just to get rid of it, then propose a spec no odor sauce. Personally I think we should comply with what is used at TQ, so those of us that travel only need to buy one sauce.
AZ Wolfie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 11:41 AM
  #2363  
Tech Master
 
EricF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,548
Default

SXT works for me, I'd rather not smell like paragon anyway.
EricF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 02:33 PM
  #2364  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (93)
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,864
Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by clinehobbies View Post
Chris, I was not singling you out, after looking back your the only one with the negative comments. So I guess I was singling you out. lol too Funny!!
Honestly, I'm happy to see another track try to get something going. I will race there when I can or I'm not racing with the guys at hobby town Gilbert.
I don't think complaining about the place before it gets going is helpful. You are always so negative on rctech about everything that has to do with something different. I think you would find something wrong if you won the lottery or got a hall pass with a super model! But I do know you personally and I know that you mean well, I think just like my post your posts are childish and seem to run toward the negative. There are tons of other reasons that SRS on road could fail. It would be nice if our posts here could help build a crowd and grow the sport. when I had my rc parking lot races the rctech thing helped and if I had the negative comments on my thread I don't think I could have lasted as long as I did.
Everyone has to race on the same surface and have pretty much the same eye sight angles and dead spots with the poles.
I really don't see an issue with the track... just adapt your set up and race!
AND SHUT UP ON RCTECH!!!
Bill Cline
Or what Bill?? Whatís going to happen if I donít shut up as you command. Nothing, absolutely nothing Bill so shout all you want it will not change me. If you and others see my writing as negative so be it, if it bothers you DONíT READ WHAT I WRITE! Maybe it does come across negative but thatís because I want to see a nice purpose built on-road track thatís run but someone that is passionate about on-road racing. I understand that you and several others think that by being all happy talk something wonderful will come of it. I donít see things that way, if you all are complacent and happy with anything then anything is all you will get. I also understand that others may have not have run on or have been to a top notch full time track; but you have Bill, as a kid you know how nice it was to have a great track and an owner that really liked and cared about on-road racing, do you not want to see that kind of facility in the valley again?

And I am not the only one who criticizes track management and track layouts. I want you to think back to last year when I did that one day event at HTG on Sunday, you remember right because you were there. Who was the first to complain and bitch about a section of the trackÖ thatís right it was BILL CLINE. Yep thatís right Bill you were bitching about one part of the layout, so in the spirit of being a good host I changed that part just for you so that you could enjoy the day. Then later that day after you decided to run your 2cell 12th car in the second heat I informed you that it was 17.5 1S only in the main to be fair and fun for all. Do you remember what you did then Bill? Let me refresh your memory...You got all butt hurt packed up and left. It seems that you were not able to follow your own advice and just shut up and race that day were you.

A good business owner wants to get feedback on their operation, and that includes the positive and the negative. How can a business improve if all everyone is doing is bows and happy talk. I have and will kept my comments on this thread not on the SRS thread because I am not out to stop or destroy racing rather to see it improved.
chris moore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:43 PM
  #2365  
Suspended
iTrader: (61)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,124
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Would you rather get constructive criticism and fix things, or have everyone keep their mouth shut and watch people never come back because things aren't fixed?
Socket is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:56 PM
  #2366  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
onefast8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 1,438
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know who sells foam tires for my eRevo?
onefast8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:50 PM
  #2367  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chandler, Az
Posts: 206
Default

I'm just going to say in the short time i spent with Adam he expressed a desire to make his track like the old SRS days when Larry Stewart owned the place and people like Paul Banta (my father), Glenn Lane, Dave Ports, Ron Kessing, and even Richard Lake raced. I know i am missing people but forgive me, i was like 5 years old. Only time will tell how the VHT works out. I know Evan and Myself voiced our concerns to Adam while we were there. But we also understand it will take time a work to make it happen. Initial running was promising, hopefully it will only improve.
nissan man is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 PM
  #2368  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (3)
 
clinehobbies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maricopa, Arizona
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
Or what Bill?? Whatís going to happen if I donít shut up as you command. Nothing, absolutely nothing Bill so shout all you want it will not change me. If you and others see my writing as negative so be it, if it bothers you DONíT READ WHAT I WRITE! Maybe it does come across negative but thatís because I want to see a nice purpose built on-road track thatís run but someone that is passionate about on-road racing. I understand that you and several others think that by being all happy talk something wonderful will come of it. I donít see things that way, if you all are complacent and happy with anything then anything is all you will get. I also understand that others may have not have run on or have been to a top notch full time track; but you have Bill, as a kid you know how nice it was to have a great track and an owner that really liked and cared about on-road racing, do you not want to see that kind of facility in the valley again?

And I am not the only one who criticizes track management and track layouts. I want you to think back to last year when I did that one day event at HTG on Sunday, you remember right because you were there. Who was the first to complain and bitch about a section of the trackÖ thatís right it was BILL CLINE. Yep thatís right Bill you were bitching about one part of the layout, so in the spirit of being a good host I changed that part just for you so that you could enjoy the day. Then later that day after you decided to run your 2cell 12th car in the second heat I informed you that it was 17.5 1S only in the main to be fair and fun for all. Do you remember what you did then Bill? Let me refresh your memory...You got all butt hurt packed up and left. It seems that you were not able to follow your own advice and just shut up and race that day were you.

A good business owner wants to get feedback on their operation, and that includes the positive and the negative. How can a business improve if all everyone is doing is bows and happy talk. I have and will kept my comments on this thread not on the SRS thread because I am not out to stop or destroy racing rather to see it improved.

Blah blah, same stuff over and over... You have been at it for years and nothing has changed. So keep on banging your head against the wall. Look back at your own posts and tell me that your not a rctech know it all and a key board commando.
( I am not saying that I am not guilty in the past of doing the same )

I may have bitched about your layout, i did it to your face not on a Internet forum. I don't remember leaving because I was but hurt, I don't remember it the same way you tell it. But okay if you say so..

Im sure I'll see you at the track when your dropping off bodies and not racing, and we can talk about this person to person. That way you can tell when I am just trying to be funny when I tell you to

"JUST SHUT UP ON RCTECH"

and that it is not a threat, just a wish that will never come true as you have stated above

In any case I don't think this is going any where good so I'm bowing out of this little Internet argument.!
clinehobbies is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:16 AM
  #2369  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
DesJardins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 337
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

DesJardins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:42 AM
  #2370  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Root_66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DesJardins View Post
Laugh may ass off!!!!!!!!!!
Root_66 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service