Search

AZ ONROAD RACERS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like fun, I have a sedan and an F1 that I have been running at
Hobby Town in Gilbert. Any tips on setup or just go for it.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by SKramer
Sounds like fun, I have a sedan and an F1 that I have been running at
Hobby Town in Gilbert. Any tips on setup or just go for it.
If you have time see if Todd can suggest some changes tomorrow as he has run sedan there. I've never seen anyone run the F1 down there; and not sure if anyone there owns one. Best to get there close to noon on Sun so you can get some practice in, carpet is very different than the p-lot here in Gilbert. If you have any questions I'll be out at HT tomorrow for awhile.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'd like to thank Turd for the awesome job he did prepping the carpet track for us at Competition Hobbies yesterday. We really appreciate the time and effort he puts into getting it ready for us.

Thank you.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Did you know...
Phoenix and Tucson are not the only towns in Arizona??
Did you know...
That Flagstaff has one of the best on-road racing facilities in the country??
-The largest and smoothest asphalt track.
-350 foot oval drive line.
-Very large road course with an actual layout
-A real driver's stand.
-Good PA system with real announcers.
-Auto score with pers. transponders.
-Full line Hobbyshop on site.
-Restrooms and restaurants at the track.
-Tons of pit space and AC.
-Several Touring Car and Oval classes.
Glad to hear some interest in on road racing. Come join us....next spring. Some of Arizona actually has Winter.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

So as I sit here getting geared up for the holiday season, I’ve started to think of how the R/C community could give back to people less fortunate. I mean it’s truly a blessing that we get the joy of racing/practicing with our vehicles and our friends on a weekly basis. But what if you never could experience the joy of that one simple action? Imagine children without a single toy to play with during the holiday season. So it got me thinking, what could I do?

On Sunday December 19th Ringleader Racing and Turd Ferguson Racing present the 1st Annual “Haul-In for the Holidays”. The race will be held at Competition Hobbies sponsored by Competition Hobbies and Scottsdale R/C Speedway. The race entry will be 1 new unwrapped toy per entry. If you don’t have a toy for the entry that day, Competition Hobbies has graciously offered to donate 50% of each entry fee. So for the cost of a pair of tires, you can buy a toy to brighten a child’s holiday season. Thanks to Quaid Simek, Mike Shumpert and Keoni Ayhat for jumping on board to help.

I know this is a little short notice for some of you racers, but it was something I thought would be worthwhile. For those of you that are going to be at the KBRL on Saturday 18th, we would love to see you back on Sunday. However you are unable to make it back down, I will have a donation box set up inside the store so you can donate while you are there. Thanks to everyone who will be participating! Depending on what type feedback I get, as far as people who will be attending, we may start a little earlier than the normal 2:00 start time. Please feel free to post on the Competition Hobbies forum thread if you have any questions. Thanks in advance to everyone that has already given me a commitment, look forward to seeing you at the races!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very cool Richard, I'm sure Kitty is smiling right now very proud of her son.

You just keep on keepin on young man. Your a special kid who is a product
of a great hobby you grew up in....

I'm sure this hobby is making a many more great young men like you right
now all over this country & the rest of the world as well...

You have a great Christmas & a Happy New Year Richard...
Old 11-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RacinJ
I'd like to thank Turd for the awesome job he did prepping the carpet track for us at Competition Hobbies yesterday. We really appreciate the time and effort he puts into getting it ready for us.

Thank you.
+1
Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RacinJ

Thank you.
You're welcome. Thanks for always letting me know when you are going to come. Makes it easier
Old 12-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyingm
Did you know...
Phoenix and Tucson are not the only towns in Arizona??
Did you know...
That Flagstaff has one of the best on-road racing facilities in the country??
-The largest and smoothest asphalt track.
-350 foot oval drive line.
-Very large road course with an actual layout
-A real driver's stand.
-Good PA system with real announcers.
-Auto score with pers. transponders.
-Full line Hobbyshop on site.
-Restrooms and restaurants at the track.
-Tons of pit space and AC.
-Several Touring Car and Oval classes.
Glad to hear some interest in on road racing. Come join us....next spring. Some of Arizona actually has Winter.
And I'd love to come up, but I never hear anything about race days. PLease let us know of a schedule
Old 12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys ive been trying to read around to find my answer before making a post or thread but havent really been able to find out what ive been looking for.

Where is there to race On Road in the valley? I havent raced in a few years now but am trying to get back into it, I saw SRS no longer has on road.

What places in the valley here provide on road? All i can really find is competion hobbies but im not serious enough to drive 2 hours to race on road.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

The only onroad racing anywhere in the Phx area is the Hobbytown in Gilbert, that is outdoor p-lot racing electric only. Thay run on-road and oval racing starts at 11AM Sat. Power is provided you need to bring a chair and table, $5 per class.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by chris moore
The only onroad racing anywhere in the Phx area is the Hobbytown in Gilbert, that is outdoor p-lot racing electric only. Thay run on-road and oval racing starts at 11AM Sat. Power is provided you need to bring a chair and table, $5 per class.
Gotcha thank you, Yea I used to run out there 4 or 5 years ago maybe even longer when Denis was still running it then started going to Action hobbies to race carpet and SRS.

Pretty bummed thats the only on road going on in the valley I would have thought it would have a large enough fallowing to be bigger...
Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bh117
Gotcha thank you, Yea I used to run out there 4 or 5 years ago maybe even longer when Denis was still running it then started going to Action hobbies to race carpet and SRS.

Pretty bummed thats the only on road going on in the valley I would have thought it would have a large enough fallowing to be bigger...
You would think so in a city this size but not so and I dont see much of any chance that will change anytime soon. Dennis still runs the races but the store has a new owner now; come on out racing is still fun at HT.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

I got the packs charged... car rebuilt... new piggies... new body...

where's the show???
Old 12-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I hope everyone one had a great Christmas and will have a very Happy New Year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.