Starting out

Old 09-10-2022, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default Starting out

I'm trying to gather up as much advice and research as I can in getting started. I have been in/out of the hobby for about 20 years and looking to pick up identical cars for my gf and I. My plan is to learn to drive a bit before jumping into a novice class and then deciding where to go from there but we are not currently focused on any serious racing at least with what we start out with.

I recently got to check out P&F and got a ton of great advice there. After the visit, I am currently most interested in redcat lightning STK, Kyosho Fazer MK2s, or TT01/2. I am hoping to be able to find a chassis that is very adjustable(suspension, tunable shocks/springs, shock positions, camber, toe, chassis clearance, body height, and diffs) and with a lot of hop up options. I am not sure if the Fazer has this. It sounds like the 4tec is another great option but I have never been much of a Traxxas fan.

I have gotten a lot of advice to consider Euro Truck and they look awesome. I got to check out the chassis at the track. I am thinking this will be a great second class once we do get started. Same as Mini Z.