Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ackchyually

Adobe Mountain RC Speedway

Old 06-29-2021, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Adobe Mountain RC Speedway

It's up there, Pinnacle Peak and 43rd Ave. They have off-road and dirt oval. Looks cool as hell. Just wanted to start a thread for it so people who are Facebook-adverse like myself know about it.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm still waiting for the place to open. Should be soon. It does look very promising, however, and maybe run (hopefully) like an actual business.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

This should be the de facto Adobe Mountain R/C Speedway thread from this point forward. Obviously, you're going to also get information by checking out their Facebook page by the same name, but this thread could serve to inform those not on Facebook.

I still haven't been able to make it up there yet. They have a grand opening practice and race set for September 24-25th, 2021. At this time, no proposed classes nor heat/main durations. With the "grand opening" only one month away, this information would greatly be appreciated. IMHO, they better hustle!

Currently, practices are held (weather permitting) every Tuesday 5-9pm. Eventually, I believe, this will shift to Saturday mornings, which would be 100x better.

Currently, no lap-counter loop is installed yet. Coming soon, I hope! Kind of essential. I've been told that 2 or 3 wire transponders will work. If they're buying a new system, then that makes sense the 3-wires will work.

Since I have not yet had a chance to visit the track--hope to soon--I do not know how the parking or pit area situation is. Is it organized? Electrical power available? Everyone and their mother running their noisy-ass generators? Bathrooms/portables available? \_(ツ)_/

If anyone's been to Adobe thus far, please post your experiences! As you may tell, I have high hopes and expectations for this track.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

if the track needs an AMB/MyLaps based system, I currently have 3

1)AMB2 that I currently use This does ALL AMB/MyLaps 2 wire and MRTs
1)AMB3 that I have used This does ALL AMB/MyLaps 2 wire and MRTs
1)MyLaps4 that I have used (this does 2 and 3 wire, but doesn't do older MRT clones)

Not sure where Adobe Mountain is - I'm in Hereford AZ.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
if the track needs an AMB/MyLaps based system, I currently have 3

1)AMB2 that I currently use This does ALL AMB/MyLaps 2 wire and MRTs
1)AMB3 that I have used This does ALL AMB/MyLaps 2 wire and MRTs
1)MyLaps4 that I have used (this does 2 and 3 wire, but doesn't do older MRT clones)

Not sure where Adobe Mountain is - I'm in Hereford AZ.
North Glendale (northern Phoenix Metro area). I honestly have no idea if the track owner has a lap-counter system yet. I certainly hope so(!), at least by now, but you may want to look the place up on FB and send a message if you'd possibly like to make a sale.
SWTour likes this.
Old 09-07-2021, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Attempted to go to Adobe Mountain R/C Speedway this evening. Apparently, it was closed due to fireworks in the area. Not sure why that matters, but the land is owned by the State, and the R/C track is at the mercy of whatever the State feels like doing. Something is totally bizarre about all these Arizona tracks. I just can't seem to put my finger on it.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

QUESTION: Back in the heyday of Fear Farm and the Dirt Nitro Challenge days (circa 2013-2017), did Joe Dirt bring in his own dirt to make the tracks?