Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Arizona-New Mexico Racing
Banked asphalt oval racing - Tucson >

Banked asphalt oval racing - Tucson

Like Tree2Likes

Banked asphalt oval racing - Tucson

Old 03-28-2021, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great race...very fun. Great program, great people.

i understand results are posted at southwest oval championships
Old 03-29-2021, 08:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Southwest paved oval championships

I raced the 3 day Southwest paved oval championships this past weekend and the track is a lot faster than you might think. Even the VTA cars were running 8 second laps. It was a blast will be going next year also. Camping is available at the track.
SWTour likes this.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like a great place to race. I often wonder about getting some of the SCT based dirt oval cars on a local gokart dirt oval as a way to bring oval racing to our local area.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It was awesome weekend of racing, great folks, family friendly atmosphere...I thought all the classes worked well (perhaps better than expected) on the big track. We Started all the races with a rolling start which was really cool too...more realistic.

Id say the Short course Thunder Trucks were some of my favorites to watch (I raced street stock). Bomber class - or perhaps “not as much thunder” Trucks (since many were using truck bodies) was cool too.

i think Joe said there was perhaps 75 entires daily (?) so I’d say it was a success.

For those asking - exit 242 to the right (west) then south on the frontage road, as it’s a “one way”.

let’s do this again sooner the better!

Figure 8 just has to happen next time!
SWTour likes this.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Southwest Paved Oval Championship in Tucson

I've been wrapped up since this race ended, and forgot to post here.

A Huge THANKYOU to all who came and supported not just My event, but supported bringing Oval back to AZ.

I threw every class I could think of at this track to see what I liked and what I really didn't, and I have to say, I liked everything but the results that pan car guys had. (I haven't given up on them, but we did that weekend)

I'm hoping to get to work with the track and maybe the SWPOC sponsors to see about doing more. I have a race in California next weekend, so I'm a little focused there right now, but I'll be looking at logistics before I go, and see if I can get the ball rolling.

here's a link to race results (for each day) - Index of /swpoc2021/results

and we've got some videos up on YouTube so you can see a little of Saturday's racing action from several classes.

THUNDER TRUCK A MAIN

BOMBER A MAIN

TUCSON "Sport Modifieds"

SC Modifieds