Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Alabama Racing
RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama >

RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama

RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama

Old 09-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
No, because the amb20 is analog and the new red amb is digital. But like I said it works perfect and no one has a problem with it. They just unplug the PT and have at it! Amb still will trade for a new updated system but it is a $1800 trade. Even then I would not get it without a row of handouts which are about another $1000 because new people don't want to buy a $100 for the privilige of racing. But for the amb20 just servo tape a piece of lexan to the back of the seat with a hole in the lexan and drive! you will be timed perfectly. Thre was a guy in the UK that made personals for the amb20 that was amazing. Just plug it into the receiver and tell it what # you wanted on the led. I think he was involved in some patent problems and had to stop making them.

Yes, this is the problem we to have had since day one, transponders". No one wants to toss out 100.00 dollars for a transponder. This is why we do what we do and how we run our races in such a cheap fashion with out them. We tried to inforce transponders, but it was just to hard as we started seeing a HUGE decline of fellow racers and more of a increase in spectators who use to race...... CRAZY! But., I personally get it as for cost and production of products and track items needed for rc racing.

Robert
Old 09-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Also MXRich? We got in the new offset tires and rim for the karts. Way cool and excellent feel. Very shift gokart feeling in my opinion

Robert
Old 09-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamedgerc View Post
Also MXRich? We got in the new offset tires and rim for the karts. Way cool and excellent feel. Very shift gokart feeling in my opinion

Robert
Mine! mine! Mine! I wanna be cool too! Would it work If I brought my system to the track one day to see if they liked it??
Old 09-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

The new tires and rims? or the way we run our kart races?

Robert
Old 09-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think MX was talking about amb20 transponders and using what he has with the karts to. I may be wrong for a change

Ceri
Old 09-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

I wasn't sure.

Robert
Old 09-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Robert not sure??? Whats the world coming to?
Old 09-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, why you guys giving me such a hard time huh? I take my meds everyday. Im ok my voices tell me. Im ok!

Robert
Old 09-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teamedgerc View Post
Ok, why you guys giving me such a hard time huh? I take my meds everyday. Im ok my voices tell me. Im ok!

Robert

Been there, still doing it.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Regular

Been there, still doing it.

LOL! LOL! Only pill I take now is an asprin for all this nasty [email protected] that blew into my FN parking lot this morning. Its a mess, trash, mud, rocks that came from somewhere? and two cats that suddenly appeared from nowhere who are now meowing for food at my back door! I think some of my staff must be feeding them. They do know how to get ones attention at the back door by meowing continously......

How did you guys come out last night with the storm. Visited the track yet?

Robert
Old 09-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

It's asphalt, what could it hurt?
Old 09-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

It's asphalt, what could it hurt?

I mentioned it only, as I was reading some of the other postings and read where driver stands were damaged and washouts had occured. In one case in the south, a tunnel had formed under the track area due to forced flood water had washed it out. I didn't remember nor seen how water ran on or around your track.

Robert
Old 09-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

You and I were speaking of rubber caps? Heres an example of my personal cap tires. Of course, traditional innertube style like most of us use on our karts for racing certain surfaces.
To make? Just cut the tubes, break out some good tire glue and allow to set over a period of 4 days. Tru if need be.
Do I have any tips? sure, be sure to allow the rubber to overlap the foam tire sides to prevent loosening or chunking. Once on? they should last for a full season if not longer of hard racing!
If traction starts to become an issue, use sandpaper on the surface of the rubber and their good as new once more.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama-teamedgerc.caps.jpg  
Old 09-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Wow, that even looks Mo'gooder
Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Wow, that even looks Mo'gooder
Its amazing how simple actually works and holds up.

However, we'lll chat with him and see what we can work out once we start installing some tires and rims on our new modified karts that leave the shop.

Robert

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.