Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Alabama Racing
RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama >

RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama

RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama

Old 08-29-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
Works for me. Always ready to meet new peeps.

Sweet

Ceri
Old 08-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are there other drivers using this kart forum Robert? I can put word out in the other groups if you like? It may get things hoping if Lead, Gottacuda, JB, Toby and all the others came in to drop messages or chat..

Ceri
Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have a few more kart people here that have not seen this yet. The carpet track in Marietta, GA is tooling up for a kart class as well. I have a "HUGE! carpet track waiting for a building and One may be possible soon. Like Grandpaw says...I Ain't aginnit! Could be ferit!
Old 08-30-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

We have a few more kart people here that have not seen this yet. The carpet track in Marietta, GA is tooling up for a kart class as well. I have a "HUGE! carpet track waiting for a building and One may be possible soon. Like Grandpaw says...I Ain't aginnit! Could be ferit!

Hun according to Google you're out in the woods off back roads. With ...I Ain't aginnit! Could be ferit...... I'd believe it hun

Looking forward in making the drive up sometime soon. Its about 6.5 hours from us.

Ceri
Old 08-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

6.5? That's no trip. I once left Pensacola and made it to the races in Easly SC before the first heats started. Ok, so I had both feet on the gas pedal and a line of sirens behind me but the only way they could see me was because the radiator was glowing red hot though each state. But I made it.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Your right Ceri. He's about 6 hours plus from you. I'd say 7 actually. He's nearly 2 hours from us and your 4 and half plus from our warehouse. So do the math. But the drive from us to Battelfield RC really isn't bad after he showed us a short cut where you can drive like him and blow water pumps and parts off your truck! If nothing else, make it up here to the wareshouse and we'll car pool up deal?

Robert
Old 08-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

But the drive from us to Battelfield RC really isn't bad after he showed us a short cut where you can drive like him and blow water pumps and parts off your truck! If nothing else, make it up here to the wareshouse and we'll car pool up deal?

I didn't even get a chance to defend myself about my driving. And I think I lost the trailer around Gadsden.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

But the drive from us to Battelfield RC really isn't bad after he showed us a short cut where you can drive like him and blow water pumps and parts off your truck! If nothing else, make it up here to the wareshouse and we'll car pool up deal?

I didn't even get a chance to defend myself about my driving. And I think I lost the trailer around Gadsden.

Defend yourself really? I know how men drive on and off the track MX were you able to put your truck back together? I read in another forum you had motor issues. By the way sorry about the jobless thing. Sad to hear hun.

Ceri
Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you, I must have 60 or so applications out there. I'll do 60 more if I have to. The truck is ready a bud of mine came by and gave me the secret on this vehicle...he does a lot of them.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

You'll find something you'll be happy doing. Isn't the track your business though?

Ceri
Old 09-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Robert I heard the practice was cancelled. What happen to Todd? Is he ok?

Ceri
Old 09-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by Cerijonston View Post
Robert I heard the practice was cancelled. What happen to Todd? Is he ok?

Ceri
He slit his palm wide open while sharping a knife on a stone or something of such. I talked to him yesterday, he's doing well. But yes, practice is cancelled as he's my main help, setup and transport man for the track assembly. Can't ask anyone else, everyone else has time off due to the holidays. No biggie, we'll do it again soon but I'll give more notice this time.

Robert
Old 09-02-2011, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cerijonston View Post
You'll find something you'll be happy doing. Isn't the track your business though?

Ceri
Not really, it's pretty much a non profit by design. Snoopy and I have put a lot of $$ to get it built. The biggest thing is the driverstand. Once it it paid for then we will get a return from the track which will go back into the track to make it better every race. Probably the only thing we don't have is a new counting system. Mine is the amb20 which I had restored and it works like new again but uses handout transponders only which is fine with the racers since it works perfect.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

I remember the AMB20 setup. How can one update the 20 to take personal ambs or make it current? Anyway possible?

Robert
Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by teamedgerc View Post
I remember the AMB20 setup. How can one update the 20 to take personal ambs or make it current? Anyway possible?

Robert
No, because the amb20 is analog and the new red amb is digital. But like I said it works perfect and no one has a problem with it. They just unplug the PT and have at it! Amb still will trade for a new updated system but it is a $1800 trade. Even then I would not get it without a row of handouts which are about another $1000 because new people don't want to buy a $100 for the privilige of racing. But for the amb20 just servo tape a piece of lexan to the back of the seat with a hole in the lexan and drive! you will be timed perfectly. Thre was a guy in the UK that made personals for the amb20 that was amazing. Just plug it into the receiver and tell it what # you wanted on the led. I think he was involved in some patent problems and had to stop making them.

Last edited by mxrich; 09-02-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.