R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Alabama Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/alabama-racing-84/)
-   -   RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama (https://www.rctech.net/forum/alabama-racing/544547-rc-kart-practice-day-pelham-alabama.html)

Cerijonston 09-27-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Leadhauler (Post 9697656)
I'm into freebies. Please send my free entry fee voucher.

Leadhauler

Whats wrong with you Lead your always trying to get something for free.:p

Ceri

mxrich 09-27-2011 03:58 PM

Robert did a vid of the track. If we could score it you would be the first ever virtual racer.

teamedgerc 09-29-2011 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 9711481)
Robert did a vid of the track. If we could score it you would be the first ever virtual racer.

LOL, Its up on Youtube.com with other vids of stock and modified karts. Maybe even a race or two up there still. Haven't looked in along time. Used to be tons up there until I fired a staffier (our web master ) two years ago. He felt the need to try and damage us by messing up our website, pulling down photos and even removing alot of video we had up there from back in 2000 to current! Some good kart racing vids were to be seen from Daytona and Missouri!

I miss Florida. Ceri you have a room for rent? LOL

Robert

Cerijonston 09-30-2011 06:19 AM

Your only a few hours away:nod: We all can go to Scooners:D:D or Captain Andersons I'll buy:cry::cry:

Ceri

teamedgerc 10-01-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Cerijonston (Post 9722874)
Your only a few hours away:nod: We all can go to Scooners:D:D or Captain Andersons I'll buy:cry::cry:

Ceri

Yeah I know but time doesn't allow me to travel much these days. You can always truck us a load of sand up here? LOL By the way, still awaiting the date for Todds stitches to be removed. I'll announce a date soon girl. Promise! I'm trying to plan it around you guys if your serious about stoping here to run! Any others coming as well? Dothan? Jacksonville? FL? There all more than welcome to run. Just be sure they bring extension cords and strips with them.

Robert

Leadhauler 10-02-2011 10:11 PM

Robert whats up with the date for October? Any word?

Leadhauler

Cakeman 10-04-2011 06:37 AM

Did you get a date bro? I didn't see anything over at rcgroups under large scale.

Cakeman

teamedgerc 10-10-2011 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Cakeman (Post 9738217)
Did you get a date bro? I didn't see anything over at rcgroups under large scale.

Cakeman

Practice will be on the 5th of Nov here in Pelham AL, and Battlefield in GA, is holding a very large race on the 29th of Oct. Hopfully it isn't to short notice for most of our drivers to get there for this event. I know some have drivers have emailed me and made comments that they need atleast a month in as for notice due to work or jobs. I guess part is my fault as I did not know exactly what classes were taking place in this event. I didn't ask either so once again, Sorry guys! Really! I will say this, their track is very 1/10 VTA oriented and not just karts as our tracks are. I also know some had concerns about practice time for the karts. Yes, I'm aware, as with most of the rc tracks, unless they give us your very own day for kart racing, there will always be other rc cars on the track that day. Yes, I also know, many at that time who were non kart, had issues with a bit slower traffic and I do recall some in 2010 many drivers suffered major damaged at one of the older tracks we raced at indoors. Of course, we nolonger race there either. Maybe in the near future if we can all create a huge turnout at one indoor location, it would show that many of you are serious about racing the karts. It just take you guys to be commited and to show up as plan! FYI, I'll soon be in talks with 2 indoor rc track owners for those in the GA, Al and TN areas. Those in FL most likely will do the hotel ballrooms for now as we did last year. All the other states will prob do the same unless we can make other arrangements.

Robert

Cerijonston 10-21-2011 10:21 AM

Well I'm telling ya hun it best warm up or my butt won't be coming up there until it does:)

Ceri

mxrich 10-21-2011 05:10 PM

Any karts at the battleild will have their own pratice. Even though they run close to VTA speeds It's because they are so much lighter than the other cars. I'm not sure what you will need timewise But we will work it out for you. Oh, Ceri. When I saw the one month forcast it said perfect 78 degrees for kart racing on the 29th. You do believe me don't you? :) Well that's what the weather guy said!!!

Robert, Do you know about onelugs once a month series? Sounds like a plan to me for the winter. Now that would be a cool kart track.

teamedgerc 10-26-2011 06:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 9813069)
Any karts at the battleild will have their own pratice. Even though they run close to VTA speeds It's because they are so much lighter than the other cars. I'm not sure what you will need timewise But we will work it out for you. Oh, Ceri. When I saw the one month forcast it said perfect 78 degrees for kart racing on the 29th. You do believe me don't you? :) Well that's what the weather guy said!!!

Robert, Do you know about onelugs once a month series? Sounds like a plan to me for the winter. Now that would be a cool kart track.

Yes, I read about the series. We have to look at Hotshots and Onelug both or one is better than the other. I hate playing rc track politics. to much hard work goes into running a track for those games. Besides, Not that I'm saying we can't do both tracks by all means. Theres more than plenty of us as you can tell in the forums here and over at rcgroups.com under large scale racing. The thing is like you pointed out, practice time for the karts only. Its no different than say having a brp out with touring cars or a 1/12 with nitro. Niether can really do any practice runs. If a wreck was to happen, the results can be rather traggic. We're going to shoot for something with the F1 classes. I think thats a good call if most of the F1s run with sealed cans. I think the karts and the F1s are a good combo for a day of racing or evening for that matter. Their both (F1 and rc karts) are very sim since once their setup, nothing really is to be needed at the track but change tires for track surfaces. Or so I hear. Personally after our big events here in Birmingham, I plan on making a drive over to Hotshots RC and chat with Joe, then plan on hitting and long time over due, Onelug up in Northern Alabama. It also depends on the layouts since the karts need to be driven and stead of speed challenged down long straights.

Robert

Waflet 10-27-2011 04:39 PM

Hideeho
Where in Pelham do you guys race the karts?
Are there any other on road classes you guys run?

Leadhauler 10-31-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Waflet (Post 9837527)
Hideeho

I race on road myself along with the rc karts they build. The karts are a blast but not even close to the speeds of my touring car. To give you a gauge of the karts speed, the modified karts are able to keep up with a simple VTA. To my knowledge he only races the karts but on the other hand, I don't think no ones ever asked him about other rc onroad cars. You should ask if you live in that area.

Leadhauler

teamedgerc 11-01-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Waflet (Post 9837527)
Hideeho

Hello Waflet, and a quick thanks to Leadhauler for offering info as well. Anyways, we race in Pelham at a couple opf locations. This Saturday unless it gets cancelled due to cold weather or other? Practice will be off Valleydale Rd at our usual location. Take 65, get off on Valleydale head towards Spain Park (east). We'll be on the left past the college about a mile if that. We'll most likely have our banner where you turn in at as usual. Right now, many are getting ready for indoors so not sure on the turn out but, I'll be there and a few of the locals possibly as well. We will not bring pit tables this time as were keeping it pretty simple and fun for all. We will also have our rentals karts out at this practice just in case if a spectator wishes to drive around the track a time or two with a kart.

Robert

Waflet 11-02-2011 07:45 AM

Hideeho
I'm trying to get my new SC truck ready for the big race @ the warehouse this weekend, but it's less & less likely that will happen. If I don't make the race I'll stop by & check out the karts.

How much is it to rent a kart to play some & are they slow enough for a 9 & 11 year old with very limited practice with a dirt truck to give it a try? They both know how to drive them, but will absolutely hit some curbs.

teamedgerc 11-02-2011 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Waflet (Post 9859226)
Hideeho
I'm trying to get my new SC truck ready for the big race @ the warehouse this weekend, but it's less & less likely that will happen. If I don't make the race I'll stop by & check out the karts.

How much is it to rent a kart to play some & are they slow enough for a 9 & 11 year old with very limited practice with a dirt truck to give it a try? They both know how to drive them, but will absolutely hit some curbs.

Yeah we just found out about the race going on. One of my staffiers here had mentioned the warehouse race today to me. We may not even do practice since many are getting their karts ready for indoors or cannot get off work nor travel here. However, if you like, we have a huge portable track thats around 50x80 which I personally setup for myself off and on. If you'd like, I can pm you and let you know when that might be. I could also bring out a few of our rentals for the kids to drive. We have them governdown since there rentals but, I can easly open up the throttle on them if they as you said can drive a rc. Let me know....

Robert

Waflet 11-02-2011 09:00 PM

Hideeho
Absolutely let me know the next time your running in or around Pelham.

I did a quick search & could only find a kyosho 1/5 scale & some obviously junk toys, what are the karts you run?

teamedgerc 11-04-2011 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Waflet (Post 9862205)
Hideeho
Absolutely let me know the next time your running in or around Pelham.

I did a quick search & could only find a kyosho 1/5 scale & some obviously junk toys, what are the karts you run?

Will do Waflet. We should try to meet up soon since were getting ready to head indoor and start carpet racing. Indoor is a blast! I myself usually run everyday. Let me know when you have some free time if you like and we'll let ya test drive one. If nothing else you can take my personal kart for a quick run.

Robert

Cakeman 11-09-2011 06:04 PM

A big welcome Waflet.

Cakeman

mxrich 11-10-2011 05:55 PM

I hope some of the kart drivers can make it to onelug for the series or at least some of the races there. Tons O Fun!

teamedgerc 11-12-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 9895445)
I hope some of the kart drivers can make it to onelug for the series or at least some of the races there. Tons O Fun!

Is it still all long straightaways or is it more technical now?

Robert

Spider004 11-12-2011 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by teamedgerc (Post 9902657)
Is it still all long straightaways or is it more technical now?

Robert

The track will change every month. The overall layout is 32x70, so longest straight will only be about 50'.

Bring those Karts on up!

James

teamedgerc 11-13-2011 05:57 PM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Spider004 (Post 9902801)
The track will change every month. The overall layout is 32x70, so longest straight will only be about 50'.

Bring those Karts on up!

James

50 feet is actually perfect! Ours are around the 60 mark with very technical parts as well. So whens your next racing event James? I'll see if I can gather up some of the locals and make a race.

Robert

mxrich 11-13-2011 08:00 PM

Robert is so serious I heard he is having a custom holster made to carry the kart!:D

Spider004 11-14-2011 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by teamedgerc (Post 9905863)
50 feet is actually perfect! Ours are around the 60 mark with very technical parts as well. So whens your next racing event James? I'll see if I can gather up some of the locals and make a race.

Robert

Sunday, November 20th starting at 12pm.

teamedgerc 11-14-2011 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by mxrich (Post 9906439)
Robert is so serious I heard he is having a custom holster made to carry the kart!:D

Just got it today MXrich. Looks pretty fine I must say. I guess I could've kept things simple and gone with a logo'd diaper bag instead of the holster look?

Robert

teamedgerc 11-14-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Spider004 (Post 9907898)
Sunday, November 20th starting at 12pm.

I'll see what I can do for attending. You guys use AMB correct? I own one myself, not sure about how many others own them. What about AMB handouts also? Reason being, we use a different lap system than most since our karts don't fly as fast as a lipo powered touring car. For us, AMB is not neccessary. If things pick up with the karts there, I can always bring our setup since its very portable and simple to use. All is needed by us is, our company laptop and our wireless printer! We to can pull up laptimes, who's in the lead announcements up to ever minute if need be, winner placement announcements, various sounds and serveral other heat and mulitple main functions for racing. We can go hold up to 99999 races and same with mains. Of course, not trying to make thing difficult by all means. We won't need the AMB so this will give even you a break if things pick up with the karts there. Nothing will be needed by your or even your system but a mere plug-in. Just some FYI about our kart races and the ease if of it all.

Robert

Spider004 11-14-2011 07:19 PM

We do use Amb and do have some extras.

teamedgerc 11-18-2011 11:33 AM

I'll talk to some of the local kart drivers in and around the Birmingham area and see if we can get some karts up that way asap then.

Robert

Leadhauler 11-22-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by teamedgerc (Post 9928382)
I'll talk to some of the local kart drivers in and around the Birmingham area and see if we can get some karts up that way asap then.

Robert

Robert you should send out a mass email to all us kart racers. Set a race date far in advance and make it happen. You and I both know 60 to 80 drivers will make it out. Look at Tampa we had 70 plus karts and didn't leave until late that night man. You know I'm up for travel time. I'll come over if I don't have other races scheduled. Do it.

Leadhauler

teamedgerc 12-01-2011 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Leadhauler (Post 9944795)
Robert you should send out a mass email to all us kart racers. Set a race date far in advance and make it happen. You and I both know 60 to 80 drivers will make it out. Look at Tampa we had 70 plus karts and didn't leave until late that night man. You know I'm up for travel time. I'll come over if I don't have other races scheduled. Do it.

Leadhauler

Looks like Im going to have alot on my plate this month. Do you want to try to organize something? With the move and all I don't think Im going to be able to pull much free time to organize anything. This is just me being honest Lead. If you guys want to race indoors somewhere then make it happen. I'll be hitting ALT next weekend. On a ending note, Stef and I just got back from Nashville just a few minutes ago. Its about the same temp as it is here in Alabama. So no such luck with outdoor racing there anytime soon. Its just getting cold everywhere. We'll get it going inside soon.

Robert

Cerijonston 12-02-2011 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by teamedgerc (Post 9908368)
Just got it today MXrich. Looks pretty fine I must say. I guess I could've kept things simple and gone with a logo'd diaper bag instead of the holster look?

Robert

The diaper bag would look great on you Robert.:lol: May I send you some fashion sites that carry quality diaper bags? Channel has one thats perfect and comes in a durable white leather:):lol::lol:

Ceri

Cerijonston 12-02-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by teamedgerc (Post 9983566)
Looks like Im going to have alot on my plate this month. Do you want to try to organize something? With the move and all I don't think Im going to be able to pull much free time to organize anything. This is just me being honest Lead. If you guys want to race indoors somewhere then make it happen. I'll be hitting ALT next weekend. On a ending note, Stef and I just got back from Nashville just a few minutes ago. Its about the same temp as it is here in Alabama. So no such luck with outdoor racing there anytime soon. Its just getting cold everywhere. We'll get it going inside soon.

Robert

I think a outdoor race during this time of year is crazy hun:deathstar:deathstar:. I'd forget it:lol::lol::lol:. I don't think many if any will take the plunge to race outside right now. Indoors could be a different story if a good track was found.:smile: You agree?

Ceri

teamedgerc 12-02-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cerijonston (Post 9987164)
I think a outdoor race during this time of year is crazy hun:deathstar:deathstar:. I'd forget it:lol::lol::lol:. I don't think many if any will take the plunge to race outside right now. Indoors could be a different story if a good track was found.:smile: You agree?

Ceri

No I won't do anything now. If anything I need to get my butt up to Onelug and Hotshots asap. If worst comes to worst, we'll ballroom race again. Being the bad economy and ballrooms not being booked for parties? Theres plenty of dates open per management of hotels we used over the years. Great and even better rates than before. This may be the way I choose. It sure would make things easier for all locations. But yes girl. I do agree with you. Indoor racing right now is the way to go at this time of the year. Burrrrrrrrrr!

Robert

teamedgerc 12-02-2011 07:47 PM

Ceri be sure to check the thread about nashville over at our rc groups tonight. We posted something about the Quads finally. This will be right up Jonathans alley if all goes well on Monday.

Robert

Cerijonston 12-04-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by teamedgerc (Post 9988700)
Ceri be sure to check the thread about nashville over at our rc groups tonight. We posted something about the Quads finally. This will be right up Jonathans alley if all goes well on Monday.

Robert

Now you know Jonathans gonna be crying for one since you posted it. If he gets one I'll make him get one for me. It'll be the deal breaker:):)

Ceri

teamedgerc 12-04-2011 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cerijonston (Post 9994223)
Now you know Jonathans gonna be crying for one since you posted it. If he gets one I'll make him get one for me. It'll be the deal breaker:):)

Ceri

Deal breaker huh? ROLF. I'll cut you guys a good deal as always. Hey I reshot my kart for indoor this year. Nothing crazy just taking it back old school kart style. Todd and the crew liked the checkers since all our large events and corp setup is done in such. Have you seen Leads kart yet? WOW! I wouldn't even hit the track with it. It should be a shelf queen. They did a unbelieveable job on his kart. The airbrushing is intense! Really nice.

Robert

Cerijonston 12-14-2011 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by teamedgerc (Post 9994283)
Have you seen Leads kart yet? WOW! I wouldn't even hit the track with it. It should be a shelf queen. They did a unbelieveable job on his kart. The airbrushing is intense! Really nice.

Robert

Lead must be keeping his kart under lock and key. I only know three people who've seen it. Oh well I'm over it.

Ceri

teamedgerc 12-22-2011 07:02 PM

He must be doing something. Everyone at rcgroups has been riding him because he didn't post pictures. He may be waiting for indoors to show it off. Who knows.

Robert

Cerijonston 01-01-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by teamedgerc (Post 10072281)
He must be doing something. Everyone at rcgroups has been riding him because he didn't post pictures. He may be waiting for indoors to show it off. Who knows.

Robert

He's made serveral posts but none with his kart to my knowledge. I'm over it anyways:Laughing:

Ceri