Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Alabama Racing
Looking for other R/C enthusiasts in Hartselle, Decatur, Falkville, Cullman area >

Looking for other R/C enthusiasts in Hartselle, Decatur, Falkville, Cullman area

Looking for other R/C enthusiasts in Hartselle, Decatur, Falkville, Cullman area

Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Looking for other R/C enthusiasts in Hartselle, Decatur, Falkville, Cullman area

Hello all, my name is Jeremy and I'm from Falkville, AL. I have been in and out of offroad dirt racing for about 10 years. I just recently purchased a Traxxas Revo 3.3 and plan to start racing soon. I am so excited and would like to meet some new people around my area to attend races, trade tech tips with, and just have fun. In other words, I'm looking for some new friends who enjoy this hobby as much as I do. I am 32, married to a beautiful wife named Candy with 2 wonderful kids. I consider myself to be a good ole country boy that loves to race. If there is anyone out there around my area, please message me so we can start hitting the tracks. i'm looking forward to meeting new people.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey, welcome to RC. I just got involved last year at this time and really enjoy it. There are a few tracks local to you depending on how far you want to drive. There's one in Cullman, Florence, and Trussville, all within about an hour of you. We also have a pretty active group of racers at http://www.rcsoutheast.com, you might want to check us out there for more local discussion.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks. Like i said, I'm really excited about being in the hobby again and cant wait to start racing. I have been to several races in Cullman and I like that track. I am a native of Florence but never been to that track. I would like to go soon.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by faededtoblack
Thanks. Like i said, I'm really excited about being in the hobby again and cant wait to start racing. I have been to several races in Cullman and I like that track. I am a native of Florence but never been to that track. I would like to go soon.
I also started Feb of last year as well. Once you race your hooked. The cullman and Florence track are both great. The Cullman track is more wide open , and florence is more tight and technical.

You can see the videos of both tracks on rcsoutheast.com in the video section.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Rookie

I will definately like Cullman better then because I'm practically a newb and need all the room I can get. I dont wanna bang my Revo up too quickly lol. I still need alot of tips on how to set it up for the track. I do ok on engine settings but suspension and tranny and things like that are foreign to me lol. I want to get a cool body for it too but cant decide. I want a stadium truck style or maybe the baja bug. Whatever iI pick, I want to make sure I can get a wing on there. I'm thinking about putting 17mm crime fighters on too. What do yall think? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Jose will have to help you there, he's the Revo guy! I just show up and hope I can control my car most days.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jared52
Jose will have to help you there, he's the Revo guy! I just show up and hope I can control my car most days.

I hear ya man. I can already tell my Revo is gonna be a handful for me. I'm used to 1/10 scale 2wd stadium trucks. 4wd is new to me
Old 03-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by faededtoblack
I hear ya man. I can already tell my Revo is gonna be a handful for me. I'm used to 1/10 scale 2wd stadium trucks. 4wd is new to me
You will want 17mm hubs, AKA Ibeams with 1/2 offsets for the Revo. After that, then its time to set the truck up.....alot of it will depend on your driving style.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

This is my Revo. I no longer run it though since I have now switched to a Losi LST2 to race.

http://www.rcsoutheast.com/showpost....46&postcount=1
Old 03-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
You will want 17mm hubs, AKA Ibeams with 1/2 offsets for the Revo. After that, then its time to set the truck up.....alot of it will depend on your driving style.

Yeah I went to Cullman RC Hobbies today and got a set of Pro-line 17mm bow-ties with yellow dish wheels and 17mm hubs. I went ahead and got a wing and wing mount kit. I cant wait to get the stuff installed! I'm gonna work on it tonight. Hopefully I will be racing at Cullman Sat. after next
Old 03-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi, i live in wetumpka how far is cullman from there,can you post the hobby shop number & when are the races?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
hi, i live in wetumpka how far is cullman from there,can you post the hobby shop number & when are the races?
www.cullmanrchobbies.com
Old 03-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Tech Regular

Your two closest tracks are in Maplesville and Opelika. Both are very good tracks run by great people. There is a race this weekend in Maplesville. You can check out their site at www.thesnakepitraceway.com. There's also a new (welll, re-new) track opening in Harpersville. If you go to the website I shared earlier in this thread, you will find forums dedicated to each of those tracks along with all the others in Alabama. You might be in the best location to race because you are very close to some great tracks.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm not sure how far cullman is from there but they have an awesome track that's wide open and has a forty foot double. They race every other Saturday. Next race is March 20. The owner's name is Dan. They are real good people. The number is 256-775-2491. They are located one mile north of Hwy 157 on Hwy 69. If any of yall stop by, tell em Jeremy Hensley sent you.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Well here is the update on my Revo. I added new Pro-line Bow-tie tires and yellow dish wheels and a new Traxxas wing. It looks more like a racer now.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for other R/C enthusiasts in Hartselle, Decatur, Falkville, Cullman area-awesome-revo.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.