Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Alabama Racing
Looking for other R/C enthusiasts in Hartselle, Decatur, Falkville, Cullman area >

Looking for other R/C enthusiasts in Hartselle, Decatur, Falkville, Cullman area

Looking for other R/C enthusiasts in Hartselle, Decatur, Falkville, Cullman area

Old 03-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by faededtoblack
Well here is the update on my Revo. I added new Pro-line Bow-tie tires and yellow dish wheels and a new Traxxas wing. It looks more like a racer now.
That will work. It will run some much better lap times then stock tires and setup.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

thanks for the reference to the SE forum. Im in North MS and its hard to find anyone else thats into the hobby. Bashing and racing by myself becomes very boring. Maybe a decent meet at a track to have some fun would be cool.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
That will work. It will run some much better lap times then stock tires and setup.
Yeah, like I said before, i'm pretty much a newbie to racing and i just want to make sure I have my truck tweaked to it's fullest potential. I havent got to try it out on the track yet so I dont know how it's gonna behave. I have a very limited budget and the truck is all stock except tires, wheels, hubs, and wing. I am kinda leary about the suspension setup cause it seems kinda soft. You can press the front down till it bottoms out very easily. I have no idea how to set it up. I have the stock carriers on it, not the long travel ones. Also I'm not sure how I need to set the slipper clutch. Does anyone have a common formula on this like screw it all the way in and back it out X amount of turns? Thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by faededtoblack
Yeah, like I said before, i'm pretty much a newbie to racing and i just want to make sure I have my truck tweaked to it's fullest potential. I havent got to try it out on the track yet so I dont know how it's gonna behave. I have a very limited budget and the truck is all stock except tires, wheels, hubs, and wing. I am kinda leary about the suspension setup cause it seems kinda soft. You can press the front down till it bottoms out very easily. I have no idea how to set it up. I have the stock carriers on it, not the long travel ones. Also I'm not sure how I need to set the slipper clutch. Does anyone have a common formula on this like screw it all the way in and back it out X amount of turns? Thanks
I can help with the suspension, but the nitro stuff I don't know. I run all of mine electric. I started racing myself last year. So its always a learning curve setting these things up.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
I can help with the suspension, but the nitro stuff I don't know. I run all of mine electric. I started racing myself last year. So its always a learning curve setting these things up.
Yeah the electric stuff is awesome. When i first started, I really wanted a Losi 8ight t but couldn't come up with the cash. I saw one at the track that had been converted to electric. It was crazy fast. The initial investment in electric is outrageous but saves in the longrun over nitro. Until i get rich I guess I'll be running nitro. As long as i can afford nitro and glow plugs i guess lol.