Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Alabama Racing
NITRO FEVER RC RACEWAY(20 minutes from Birmingham Alabama) >

NITRO FEVER RC RACEWAY(20 minutes from Birmingham Alabama)

NITRO FEVER RC RACEWAY(20 minutes from Birmingham Alabama)

Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default NITRO FEVER RC RACEWAY(20 minutes from Birmingham Alabama)

Hey guys, this will be the spot for all the talk, schedule, race information, etc for Nitro Fever raceway.

This track has a handicap access ramp seperate from the 30 foot long driving stand. Concession stand, enclosed scoring tower, bathrooms being built, power, water, and air. Track lighting as well. Some limited indoor pitting and power(about 10 spots).

Track is approx. 175 x 125 and the back is elevated 5-6' higher than the front lanes. As of know we just brought in 200 loads of dirt and have began the new layout. Once we get things shaped a bit I'll take some pictures.

I'll be helping them through out the year with a every other week schedule starting march 7th, once a month practice nights on the weekdays. Nitro Fever will host the 2009 RC PRO SERIES "MIDWEST" division round # 2 in June, with plans to also have two other regional events. One being the Nitro Fever "fall brawl" and the last one being a race in December with a free entry fee, prizes, food, plaques, etc...

That race is a big thanks to the racers who support racing and more importantly Nitro Fever!

Entry fee's are $15, I think $8 12 and under, and free for first time racers to the track.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2009 race dates

March 7th (Gate Starts) Weather permitting.

March 21st (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 11th(3pm-8pm)

April 11th (Gate Starts)

April 25th (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 15th(3pm-8pm)

May 9th (Gate Starts)

May 23rd (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 13th(3pm-8pm)
June 5th,6th,7th RC PRO SERIES "MIDSOUTH" round #2(layout change)

June 27th (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 17th(3pm-8pm)

July 11th (Gate Starts)

July 25th (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 15th(3pm-8pm)

August 8th (Gate Starts)///////LAYOUT CHANGE///////

August 22nd (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 12th(3pm-8pm)

Sept. 5th (Gate Starts)

Sept. 19th (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 9th(3pm-8pm)

October 3rd (LAYOUT CHANGE) Nitro Fever's 1st Annual "Fall Brawl"

October 17th (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 7th(3pm-8pm)

November 14th (Gate Starts)

November 28th (IFMAR Starts)

Practice day: 18th(3pm-8pm)

December 12th - "1st Annual December Bash" This race is to pay thanks to the racers who support our track throughout the season! Merry Christmas from the crew at Nitro Fever. Free entry fee! Prizes and more!!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

NITRO-FEVER R/C TRACK
21 EGGLER ROAD
WILSONVILLE,AL.
PHONE:205-678-9793
FAX:205-678-7410
EMAIL:[email protected]

If you need a immediate response email me @[email protected] I work on the computer all day so I can get back to you asap
Old 01-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDqTCe-YzY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlR2h...eature=related

This season expect several very good layouts to be put in! Top of the line...
Old 01-29-2009, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Alright guys...it's done and soon we will be battling it out for division titles and national championships!

http://www.rcprosites.com/
Old 02-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

I cant wait this will be my 1st time racing looking foward to meeting everybody. It want take me long to get there from alex city
Old 02-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys, Nitro Fever(my local track) is having the first race of the year on MArch 7th. They have a new layout with a ever changing rough section, large jumps, elevation changes(large and small), food, plenty of pitting, lights, power, etc..

If some of you can m ake it over to race that would be awesome! I helped them build the new layout and pics can be seen on trinity tech talk, offroad forum, under the "nitro fever thread". last page or so. If you have a series or large local race going on later in the year bring some flyers to pass out. We will make sure they call it out on the pa.

Just to tell you a bit about it. They brought in close to 200 loads of dirt. They own equipment and dump trucks so they went big for the layout change. The track is elevated 5 feet higher in the back than the front(the grade), in addition to that we have on the two back corners 4-5 foot elevated corners. 12-14 foot lanes, 25-30 foot table top, 80 foot stretch after you land that, 110' main stretch, you run uphill and down hill with drop offs, 50-60' long rythem section, and a 45' long section of a special blend of dirt that was lightly packed...this area is called "the pit" and will be ever changing lines.

Email me at [email protected] and I can give ya address or directions.

I hope to see everyone for the season opener, this is a very nice layout on one of the largest, if not the largest tracks in bama. Come get some good food, cheap entries, and great racing!
Old 02-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

What time do yall get started, I'll be driving in from MS. Looking forward to the race season.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is this track north or south of B'ham ..need info so i can map it
Old 02-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
is this track north or south of B'ham ..need info so i can map it
Southwest of Birmingham
Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Here's a pic of the track for those looking...

Old 02-18-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This track looks pretty amazing :P. I am considering trying my hand at RC nitro racing and having a track this nice close by makes it even more tempting. I have a few general questions first however.

Do you guys hold regular (weekly?) races? If so what are the classes and is their some central governing bodies rules that are used. What is a good beginner class that you guys race and any recommendation on a first truck or buggy.

Sorry for the manifesto,

Jason.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Jason, the track will start a schedule on MArch 7th and have a race every other week through December. They will also have a once a month organized practice night on a week night(probably wed.) Give me a call Monday and I can get ya fixed up on information

205 601 5578

Alan Burton
Old 02-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Nitro Fever 2009

Hey guys, most of you I have already told about the first race for the 2009 season at Nitro Fever's newly designed track. We are pushing to have a great crowd. I would like to see 100 racers show up to support! these guys put a lot of work into this track remodeling so we the racer would have a top notch facility to race at. The race is in Wilsonville, Alabama just outside of Birmingham. Attached is some pictures to give you an idea of the track layout. We will be holding practice on the 6th should any of you wish to come in and practice and the race will be Saturday only. They have lights, food, power, parking, hotels and food within a few minutes away as well. As of now we will have a large local crowd along with guys from Memphis, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Tennessee and Indiana coming in that I know of. We will have Alex w/ Modhobby.com on site with parts to supply the racers as well.

To give ya a little info on the track....

It's a "true" 160 x 125, it's large and flowing as the lanes use every bit of the footprint. It has large elevation changes, large jumps, small jumps, a signature "rhythm" section, large straights, and is very flowing and welcomes lots of side by side racing. It's hard to tell via the picture but nearly 200 loads of dirt were hauled in. the back lane is 5-6' higher than the front lane with each lane stepping down as we go. The back left and right corners have 6-8 loads of dirt o n them creating 4-5 feet elevated corners that add to the fun!

They have also purchased 4 additional "1000" watt stadium lights to go with the 4 that they currently have for a total of 8. It's gonna be bright!

Spread the word bring and bring a racer with you, lets see what we can do for these guys! IF your one of our local crowd make sure to get online and toss the word around and invite people, post the pics, and this Monday I'll take finished pics and post/email to you guys!

Thanks!

AB
Old 02-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Can't wait!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.