Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Alabama Racing
RC PRO SERIES MID SOUTH DIVISION(attention all AL, TN, MS racers) >

RC PRO SERIES MID SOUTH DIVISION(attention all AL, TN, MS racers)

RC PRO SERIES MID SOUTH DIVISION(attention all AL, TN, MS racers)

Old 01-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default RC PRO SERIES MID SOUTH DIVISION(attention all AL, TN, MS racers)

Guys, I emailed Carlton of RC PRO SERIES to ask why RC PRO has never came to Alabama even with several capable tracks? To me it seemed as Bama would be a great stop for the series. Carlton said that he is concerned about racer support from other states when the time comes to have our event. Mainly due to the fact that our guys are not going to travel to Myrtle beach,NC, Florida, or even Savannah to race. So if a track sees that we have no guys supporting then we would have very low turnouts. I explained to him that we have a relatively low "active" racer count in Alabama as a state. Our racers as a whole are home based racers who travel very little...and understandably so.

What he did mention was a "mid south" division. With a track in Bama, TN, and MS. Three races, sportsman and pro classes, the chance to attend the "HUGE" final event in texas at the years end. With this addition to the series it would keep drive times to 3-4 hours at best for the majority. It would give our areas a chance to network and meet the nearby racers.

The RC PRO Name brings the people, it brings money to the tracks from food, entries, parts, etc and may be a great experience for those who just can't travel far. I personally think we would have large turnouts because we would gain guys from TN, GA, BAMA, MS, North Florida, etc...

This would be a great shot at growing racing in our area and bringing large turnouts close to home!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

well im in alex city al and me and 5 more would love to see a mid south div. are there any tracks around the bir erea
Old 01-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
well im in alex city al and me and 5 more would love to see a mid south div. are there any tracks around the bir erea
Just an update for you guys....

We got a track willing to commit for MS, AL, and have to talk to one more track in TN and I think we got the tracks.

Once we talk to the last track I'll give it all to carlton and he will decide on the dates, etc.

With the tracks in mind all the drive times would be about 3 hours for most with max 4 hours..

We have tracks in Chelsea, Maplesville, and Clay Alabama that are nearest to Birmingham.

Spread the word
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Guys, just wanted to fill you in. We got commitments from 2/3 tracks. We have spoke to someone affiliated with the track near Nashville who said that would be more than glad but we have yet to talk to the track owner direct. We feel pretty sure they are in from what we were told.

With that said the locations would be(and not in any order):

Flowood, MS

Birmingham, Al

Nashville, TN

RC PRO hopes to attract racers from all three states plus some from the edges of the surrounding states. The goal was to keep drive times low and I think this schedule does just that.

Carlton has sent over a information packet and I'll be getting that to these tracks this week. Carlton will do his best to get the Dates up on the site this week for all of us.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default How about a State Series

Alan,
With the number of tracks in Alabama it would be nice if we had a State Series. What are your thought on a State Series?

Donnie Glover
www.LaThunderRaceway.com

Last edited by lathunder; 01-27-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

cool.
Attached Thumbnails RC PRO SERIES MID SOUTH DIVISION(attention all AL, TN, MS racers)-track_03022.jpg  

Last edited by SPEEDSKI; 01-30-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Has anyone talked to Ed at DALTON RC?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by freeman View Post
Has anyone talked to Ed at DALTON RC?
I think Georgia is in the "east" so you guys got Myrtle beach, Savanah, and lake park floria...
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AaronLee View Post
I think Georgia is in the "east" so you guys got Myrtle beach, Savanah, and lake park floria...
Sorry, didn't know East, West, South And how that is grouped.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Alan, Justin and Corey (Team O’Donnell) will defiantly support this division. This will give us the opportunity to run 4 RC Pro series events instead of just 2 or 3. Right now the closest races are HX Raceway (7 hours) and Savanna, GA (7 hours) I’m not driving 10 hours to Myrtle Beach. I will drive 11 hours to the finals though. This division will give us two races at 4 hours and one at 7 hours. Thanks, Alan and Carlton.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Alright guys...it's done and soon we will be battling it out for division titles and national championships!

http://www.rcprosites.com/
Old 01-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Cool, I think this is a huge opportunity for the racers in these areas!!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)
Default Clay track

Any one have a link to the track in clay
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hardhead View Post
Any one have a link to the track in clay
Try www.madmaxxrc.com
Old 02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

AWESOME
will be nice to finally have an rc pro series in our back yards ...cant wait to get rolling ....hey speedski what track was that you posted a pic of ????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.