Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Alabama Racing
Emerald Coast Series Mobile AL Offroad 11/17/07 >

Emerald Coast Series Mobile AL Offroad 11/17/07

Emerald Coast Series Mobile AL Offroad 11/17/07

Old 11-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Emerald Coast Series Mobile AL Offroad 11/17/07

The EMERALD COAST SERIES will be on 11/17/07. That is a Saturday and will start at 12:00. The classes will be 1/8 truggies, 1/8 buggies, electric buggies, trucks, and 4wd. There will be a new layout.! Also we will have a concession stand to provide food and drinks.

http://mobileoffroadrc.com/
Hobbytown USA
312 Schillinger Rd S # Q, Mobile, AL
Track is located behind store...

EMERALD COAST POINTS SERIES 2007

The Emerald Coast Points Series will consists of the following Tracks

B&T R/C Central – Fort Walton Beach
Gulf Coast Raceway - Foley
Mihabi Raceway – Panama City
Tallahassee R/C Raceway @ Tom Brown Park - Tallahassee
Hotshots Raceway – Dothan
Mobile Offroad R/C – Mobile

Like the name of the series states this is a points series and points structure is as follows:

1st place of the A main in each class will receive 100 points
2nd through 10th place will have a 1 point spread
Example: 1st = 100, 2nd = 99, 3rd = 98, 4th = 97, 5th = 96, 6th = 95, 7th = 94, 8th = 93, 9th = 92, 10th = 91
11th through 20th will have a 2 Point Spread
21st through 30th will have a 3 Point Spread

3 Extra Points will be awarded to the TQ in each class and 1 extra point will be awarded to those who travel from out of town (50 mile radius) to the host track.

The First and last race will be held at B&T (Fort Walton) and one race at each of the other tracks, this will make for a seven race, seven month series. I have tried to schedule the races around any big races and on each tracks regular club race night but I’m sure there will be a conflict in someone race schedule somewhere so I am allowing 2 Drops (your worst performance or missed race) in case you cannot make a race. However, the last race at B&T (Fort Walton) will be for Double Points (your score will be figured as usual and then doubled) ie. If you place 6th in your class that night you will have 95 points x 2 = 190. So try to make sure you don’t miss the last race. I will also be cooking all sorts of good stuff and that is also when we will have the awards ceremony.

This will be a trophy event (No Cash Payout) in which the trophies will be given out at the awards ceremony, I am working on some nice trophies not just you average bowling trophy. No awards will be given out at the end of each series race unless the track host decides to do so. The race fee is set at $15.00 in which $10.00 will go to the hosting track and $5.00 will go towards the series. Anyone racing the night of a points race will be in the series, pay the $15 and accrue points. We are not going to differentiate between people that want to race the series and those that do not. I will also have T-Shirt available on a preorder basis. I will place one order at the beginning of the series and another order about halfway through. As soon as the design in finalized I will post it.

The races will be run as follows:
2 rounds of 5 minute qualifiers for all classes

Nitro:
15 minute A Mains
7 minute B Mains
5 minute Lower Mains

Electric:
5 Minutes All Mains

2 Bumps up will be allowed per main

Any problems or concerns are to be brought to Robbie Ewing before the end of the race. I will settle all disputes as quickly and as fairly as I possibly can.

THE POINTS SERIES WILL BE RUN ON A REGULARLY SCHEDULED RACE DATE PER TRACK. THE FIRST RACE WILL BE IN JUNE BEGINNING AT B & T IN FWB, PLEASE SEE THE SCHEDULE FOR ALL OTHER DATES. IN THE EVENT OF ANY TRACK NOT BEING ABLE TO HOST THE EVENT THEN THE SCHEDULE WILL BE CHANGED ACCORDINGLY.

THE JLAP RACE SYSTEM IS CAPABLE OF HANDLING A POINTS SERIES EVENT.

IF ANY TRACK DOES NOT HAVE AN OPERATIONAL COMPUTERIZED LAP COUNTING SYSTEM AND HAND OUT TRANSPONDERS ONE WILL BE PROVIDED WITH THE FEE BEING REDUCED TO THE HOST TRACK BY A PREDETERMINED AMOUNT AND GIVEN TO THE INDIVIDUAL(S) THAT PROVIDE THE SYSTEM.

If anyone needs to get in touch with me here is my info:
Rob Ewing
email - [email protected]
cell - 850-699-0135
PM me or
Smoke Signals
Old 11-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Emerald Coast Series FAQ
by scott howard on Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:15 pm

This is a 1 day race on Sat the 17th.
The races start at 12:00
Entry Fee is $15.00 per class
Nitro Classes do not tech motor size
eletric truck is 19 turn or brushles equal
electric buggy is stock
nitro a mains are 15 min, B main is 7 min, all other are 5 mins, There are two bump up spots per main
electric a mains are 5 min. There are 2 bmp up spots per main
There will not be hobby dollars paid out for this race
I will having the timing and scoring set up for alittle while Friday Night just to make sure the computer is operating fine and due some fine tuning on the track . You are more and welcome to come and practice , i'll even be able to give out lap times but understand you will probably be asked to due some work as well.
See everybody Sat
Old 11-15-2007, 11:46 PM
Tech Regular

Just to let everyone know, we will be passing out plaques for TQ and Trophies to the winners of the A mains in each class this weekend at the Emerald Coast Points Series race. We will have T-Shirts for sale this weekend for $10.00 each.