RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)
Default RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama

Hello fellow rc karters. Those who only read and not post, yes I now who those are. A FYI, were going to hold a practice day either this weekend or next pending on weather. For those who do not have our email, simply drop me a message on here and I'll give ya the scoop on the event. It will be very relaxed as this will only be a practice day, all day or until all have left. The track will be a 40 x 80 or may even go a 50 x 80. Dave is trying to bring up the driver stand as well

Robert
Old 08-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wanna go! Will you come and get me? Would it be possible to make a vid of it? The gang at hotshot's might like to see it and snoop could put it on the battlefield site. I hate unemployment.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Location: AL, FL, IL, GA, MO, Canada due to race track locations and time there:)

Originally Posted by mxrich
I wanna go! Will you come and get me? Would it be possible to make a vid of it? The gang at hotshot's might like to see it and snoop could put it on the battlefield site. I hate unemployment.

Sure you can come down. Not sure how many will show since its a last minute idea of Todds and I. I know some of the locals are coming. Even have a couple of spec karts guys (straight out of the box) showing up. One is like 9 and the other is somewhere around 12. Should be fun. No lap counting or anything stressful~ I don't think were going to layout carpet this go time around. Looking to do something different this time and less work for us. We want to have fun at this practice to instead of worring about others as usual.

Robert

P.S. Hey, Do me a favor since I don't have Dexters email? Drop him and email from us and let him know about the kart practice. I also have some new prototype front end parts and a new rear axle for him to try out.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

I'll handle it.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Also, have a couple more karts here locally who want to start racing. Trying to get over this offroad hump is amazing but were gaining ground finally. I think we'll have a decent turnout even though its last minute.

Robert
Old 08-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wish I could make it....but i dont have the time to at the moment.

I still need to get the gears and get a BL motor. I have a mongoose ESC for the kart. And then i should be ready to go.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChadRacing

I still need to get the gears and get a BL motor. I have a mongoose ESC for the kart. And then i should be ready to go.

No worries Chadracing, this was a last minute idea anyways. Looks like were doing it next weekend instead of this. Many need a bit more time to make plans or go to the pawn shop for gas money<LOL>...

No being serious, no probs Chadracing on not making it out. I plan on heading up there to Battlefield RC with some of the kart drivers in TN and GA soon. Also, looks like with Brads approval (yet he and I still need to chat personally) we will be running karts indoors there. This will be a nice location for winter racing. Im like 3 hours from there and 2.5 from Battlefield RC. Not much difference between the two for myself and staffiers here. The TN guys don't seem to mind making the drive nor do the Jacksonville drivers as well to both tracks. We'll have to see how the crowd grows for fall and winter. Either way, two great rc kart tracks in a few hours distance. LOVE IT!!

Robert
Attached Thumbnails RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama-x.jpg   RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama-xx.jpg   RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama-fffffffffff.jpg   RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama-fffffffff.jpg  
Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ChadRacing

Also, let me know if you need anything. Everyone pretty much knows where I'm at and how to get a hold of me by email.

As for the esc? good choice. Their very dependable yet, run cool. Brushless motors will do the same. Just remember, motor wise, you have to stay with a 5200kv and no higher. Thats the max the motor pod and gearing will allow and still keep running the kart for months or years. Plus for dependabilty, we top out our modified class at 5200kv or 18 turn brushed. I have a rule sheet if you wish for me to email you one. Its really simple as it works best that way and super easy to follow!

Robert
Old 08-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Yea right, like chad has anything to do. I know what it is now...we skeered him away. Get the kart ready!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Tech Regular

Yea right, like chad has anything to do. I know what it is now...we skeered him away. Get the kart ready!

Ah, like we said to Chadracing, no worries. Totally understand, your skeered as well By the way, I have a new rear axle for ya as well. Sending Dexters out asap. If ya like, either send it to me - your motor pod with axle attached or, I can do it when I see ya and do the install there. Your choice.....

Robert
Old 08-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

I may have made a mistake. I got the frenzy motor instead of the havoc. I think the frenzy is a 17T...Oh well it will still get around the track.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

I may have made a mistake. I got the frenzy motor instead of the havoc. I think the frenzy is a 17T...Oh well it will still get around the track.
Those motors are about the same through the infield. The difference will be slight down the straightaway. You have to think with the karts, your only able to toss so much energy into your motor and thats it. Either you'll get speed/rpms for straights or you'll get torque for fast take-offs for the infield. You deciude what works best for your driving abilty and track layout. Not really much in between. This is what makes kart racing so fun. All tracks and drivers are different, timing, driving/skills and cell charging all play a role in winning. kart racing is nothing like touring, or offroad racing. With those two motors you speak of,,,,, with me not ever drving either track as of yet,,,,,, both should do well if you have good cells and skills!

Like we tell everyone.... its all in the driving not really the speed of the kart due to equal gearing. Everyone will see this once the karts are out on the track. Races become very tight and super competive with other drivers near or those even trying to pass. Alot of fun thats for sure. You think your VTA class is funny to watch, just wait till you see dolls on karts drving around a rc track.

Hey also, this will be the layout for our practice next weekend. We decided to keep it somewhat simple for both stock, newbies, and the modifed guys as well.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails RC kart practice day? Pelham Alabama-team-edge-rc-kart-track.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

MXrich, sorry for my last reply, after Todd and I were reading the last post here at office I realized you mentioned Havoc like a novak havoc? You might have thought the Losi slider instead? If novak was the motor you meant, the to all fellow readers and karters, it will not work due to the shaft is not a 2mm. Plus it is a bit to wide/plump to drop in our motor pod. Plus the KV is two high in the havocs once again. The best brushless to run and the max we allow for modified is the 5200kv. We put two years of testing and tons of brushless motors in the karts. The 5200kv are the most efficent, low ohm resistant, perfect on current draw and offer some great timng adjustments for "the karts" on the track. They may not be everyones cup of tea and not hold the ability to do a 40 mph speed pass but as we all know, you can't do such anyways on a onroad track. Much less with a rc kart and keep it on all fours! The Frenzy motor is perfect. Insanes are another choice as well. Any good, and I say good 370 or speed 280 work great and with our gear ratio? Their a perfect setup to get you through the infield quickly no different than the 5200kv but a tad slower on the long straights....... Sorry about the Havoc ....

Robert
Old 08-25-2011, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

It is the frenzy. I forgot what turn the motor is but that's fine. I know some of us would like to come there and race with your gang. I should have plenty of lexan laying around. Maybe I could cut some simple holders for the transponders and turn eveybody loose so they could see their laptimes and stuff. I have a small 1000 watt generator that will run the counter. Could be a lot of fun.

Last edited by mxrich; 08-25-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

It is the frenzy. I forgot what turn the motor is but that's fine. I know some of us would like to come there and race with your gang. I should have plenty of lexan laying around. Maybe I could cut some simple holders for the transponders and turn eveybody loose so they could see their laptimes and stuff. I have a small 1000 watt generator that will run the counter. Could be a lot of fun.

The RK Frenzy, Insane, Slider, Raider, and RK Speed are all popular motors in stock class since its only sealed can racing. Of course modified is different as most use 19t or 18 t brushed and 5200kv brushless motors. Back to the Frenzy motor. If Im not mistaking, it should yield around 18-23mph (18-23mph on a good tweaked/oiled motor) pending on how you break it in. This little motor will give you good takeoff with any cells you use. If you use a hypo cell, you'll get excellent infield power where you and I both know, is where good laptimes happen. Just break it in good and you'll see excellent results and long run time for practice. Many fail to do break-ins and toss it in and race. Top speeds with the Frenzy will lack on long straights but still be a good overall motor for stock racing. Good infield and medium long back straights.

To drop that motor in, put the pinion on the shaft close to the motor with out it rubbing the front motor case. Not on the end of the motor shaft or in the middle point. Close to the motor casing without it rubbing. You'll have to remove one of the little nipples deep inside our motor pod first before the motor goes in ok? A simple grab with a pair of needle-nose will do the trick. Leave the other nipple intacked inside to allow it to go into the motor screw hole on the front of the can. Push the motor in and make sure the nipple is aligned with the motor holes and motor goes deep into the pod. Put the motor pod cap back on and you now have installed your motor! If your motor pod cap will not go on all the way? Then your motor needs to go in further into the pod. Realign the nipple with the screw hole on the motor and be sure it goes in. 90% of the time this is the reason why motors will not go in.

Robert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.