TPU QUESTION

Old 11-04-2023, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Default TPU QUESTION

printing TPU on a ender3 settings... for a bumper what speed do you guys use temp,infill,ect any help woulds be great .. try to look but not sure
Old 11-05-2023, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Well... TPU on a bowden setup is extremely difficult to print, as the TPU filament is very flexible and you will have massive issues when retracting and pushing back the filament... I never succeed to get TPU printed correctly with my Ender 5 plus for that reason (too much oozing, and that was a nightmare on any supported areas)...
Old 11-18-2023, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I had lots of issues printing TPU on my bowden printer. I'd get half way through and have the filament jam. Here's what I ended up:
Initial layer height .55mm found if it printed too close to the bed, it would jam. Took a lot of failed prints to get this right for my printer.
Print Speed: 15mm/s Initial Layer Speed: 7.5 mm/s
Retraction On. Distance 5mm, Speed: 40 mm/s
Cooling Fan Off Think this was the main problem I was having with failures half way through.

I have printed a few TPU bumpers. And while there is some stringing, It's all inside the webbing so I really don't care. I also print transponder holders with supports and don't have any issues.
Old 11-18-2023, 09:52 AM
Tech Adept

Direct drive definitely helps... I have no issue with the Bambu X1C to print TPU. Some people says it works with bowden tube, but that's also depending the length of the bowden tube: the shorter the better... And for the stringing, it should be easy to remove with a heat gun...
Old 01-24-2024, 07:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For the eSun 95A TPU I print at 225c, 60c bed and very slow at 30mm/s. You have to increase retractions quite a bit esp if you are running a bowden setup or you end up with lots of stringing. Also keep the filament DRY or your prints will look HORRIBLE.
Old 01-25-2024, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by disaster999
For the eSun 95A TPU I print at 225c, 60c bed and very slow at 30mm/s. You have to increase retractions quite a bit esp if you are running a bowden setup or you end up with lots of stringing. Also keep the filament DRY or your prints will look HORRIBLE.
Bowden setup may work with a small printer: the longer the bowden tube is the more difficult to print TPU it is... And yes, TPU needs to be dry.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I've printed tires and bumpers with Overture TPU and with NinjaFlex on my basically stock Ender 3v2. I can get my Cura settings and post them sometime.
Old 02-04-2024, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm using a .8 nozzle at 50mm sec 228 nozzle temp 0 bed temp. Retraction is at .8 and I have comb setup on the print. It helps with stringing.