What filament?

Old 08-11-2023, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What filament?

What filament would I use to print a Front bumper? Also, what infill would I use?
Thanks!
Old 08-11-2023, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gezer2u2
What filament would I use to print a Front bumper? Also, what infill would I use?
Thanks!
Whats it going on?
Old 08-14-2023, 08:54 AM
Tech Initiate

A touring Car. Thanks for the reply!
Old 08-23-2023, 09:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Material like ABS or PETG would be good choices. PLA may be too brittle for this application.
You could try a grid or gyroid infill pattern to provide good strength in all directions.
Old 08-24-2023, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

None of those makes a good bumper as they will all fracture with a good hit. Best is to use TEP because it's flexible. Have been using it on my 1/12 scale cars. Problem I ran into is even with a large honeycomb pattern it was significantly more heavy than all the foam bumpers.

I have used PETG to add a top plate to a foam bumper on my TC since it lacked one from the factory. A really hard hit can crack it, but I keep an extra in my spares box.

Are you trying to print a whole bumper for a TC?
Old 08-24-2023, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I thought TPU was usedů
Old 09-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes a whole bumper. Sounds like TPU in 90 Shore is what's needed.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Filament Type: ABS for durability and impact resistance, or PLA for ease of use.

Infill: High infill (70-100%) for added strength. Consider grid or triangular patterns for a balance between strength, material usage, and print time.

For 3D printing a front bumper, use ABS for strength and impact resistance or PLA for easier printing. ABS requires a heated bed and proper ventilation, while PLA is environmentally friendly. For infill, choose high percentages (70-100%) for added strength, and consider grid or triangular patterns. Always check your 3D printer's requirements and filament guidelines, and factor in the intended use and specific characteristics needed for the front bumper.
Old 12-29-2023, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AeroAstronomer
Filament Type: ABS for durability and impact resistance, or PLA for ease of use.

Infill: High infill (70-100%) for added strength. Consider grid or triangular patterns for a balance between strength, material usage, and print time.

For 3D printing a front bumper, use ABS for strength and impact resistance or PLA for easier printing. ABS requires a heated bed and proper ventilation, while PLA is environmentally friendly. For infill, choose high percentages (70-100%) for added strength, and consider grid or triangular patterns. Always check your 3D printer's requirements and filament guidelines, and factor in the intended use and specific characteristics needed for the front bumper.
Why do people feel the need to use AI generated text to answer questions? It's obvious you have no idea what you posted - This info is seriously wrong - nobody would use these filaments for a bumper.