Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By axoid

Nylon

Old 01-26-2023, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Nylon

Is anybody printing with nylon? If so, what type of results are you getting (as far as usefulness of the parts)?
Old 01-26-2023, 06:16 PM
Tech Initiate

I have done some parts in nylon but I prefer Carbon Fiber infused Nylon. Nylon is very strong and has very good layer adhesion, but it is hard to print because it has a large shrink factor. That is where Carbon Nylon has an advantage because it helps to reduce the shrinkage in addition to making the part a little lighter and stiffer than normal nylon. Nylon is also inherently bendable. This is why nylon is so durable, but that means you need to give a part more bracing to make a part stiff. I ran 3D printed Carbon Nylon wheelie bar on my drag cars for 2020 and 21. I still use it for parts smaller parts, but I'm now using G10 fiberglass as the main part of the wheelie bar.
2wdMod likes this.