3D Printing a 1/10 "Badger" FWD Buggy.. >

3D Printing a 1/10 "Badger" FWD Buggy..

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JasonRP

3D Printing a 1/10 "Badger" FWD Buggy..

Old 01-21-2023, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 3D Printing a 1/10 "Badger" FWD Buggy..

Hi folks,
I'm 3D printing up a Badger. I got the plans here: cults3d.com
I've been searching, and am surprised I don't see anything for it here on RCtech.net or discord.. There's a few youtube vids out there, like this one..

Anyways- anyone else made one of these? If so, what shocks/tires did you use (I'd rather source these and not print them), and have been wondering how the printed link balls will hold up (maybe best to use metal ones and injection molded links?) I am going to try the printed diff- hope it holds up! If not, I will try to grab the Yokomo one. I'd love to share notes- and I think the ultimate would be a race of all 3D printed badgers!!!

The Orange and Black printer is a Prusa i3 MK3S that I bought used from a friend's printer farm (he sells them once they hit 1000 hours, and buys new ones).. The Grey printer is a Prusa i3 MK2.5S+ that I cloned/built from scratch. I documented that build on my youtube channel if anyone is interested in that: my YouTube page..

Here's where I've gotten so far:

Orange and black printer is printing Polymaker/Polylite PLA Plus. The Grey printer is printing Prusament PETG.

I've got perhaps 3/4 of the parts printed, but still need all the bearings/screws/pins...

Orange parts are PETG.. Black parts are PLA Plus. I wonder which will hold up! :-)
smirkracing likes this.
Old 01-26-2023, 05:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm real curious how that printed diff will hold up!
Old Today, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JasonRP View Post
Hi folks,
I'm 3D printing up a Badger. I got the plans here: cults3d.com
I've been searching, and am surprised I don't see anything for it here on RCtech.net or discord.. There's a few youtube vids out there, like this one..

Anyways- anyone else made one of these? If so, what shocks/tires did you use (I'd rather source these and not print them), and have been wondering how the printed link balls will hold up (maybe best to use metal ones and injection molded links?) I am going to try the printed diff- hope it holds up! If not, I will try to grab the Yokomo one. I'd love to share notes- and I think the ultimate would be a race of all 3D printed badgers!!!

The Orange and Black printer is a Prusa i3 MK3S that I bought used from a friend's printer farm (he sells them once they hit 1000 hours, and buys new ones).. The Grey printer is a Prusa i3 MK2.5S+ that I cloned/built from scratch. I documented that build on my youtube channel if anyone is interested in that: my YouTube page..

Here's where I've gotten so far:

Orange and black printer is printing Polymaker/Polylite PLA Plus. The Grey printer is printing Prusament PETG.

I've got perhaps 3/4 of the parts printed, but still need all the bearings/screws/pins...

Orange parts are PETG.. Black parts are PLA Plus. I wonder which will hold up! :-)
It would be a good idea to get them printers up off of the carpet. Carpet loves static electricity so not very good for the printers or any electronics for that matter. Great job on the parts though.