Gears

Old 10-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So this is a resin 64p 80t gear I knocked up in fusion 360 in about 5 minutes. First the close up- 50 micron layer height here. I could print down to about 10 microns.The dots are where the supports were. The 2nd is just it in my UV curing oven. It glows! This is siraya tech blu resin. (
)

Old 10-15-2019, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

Gear Looks great, have you tried it out yet?
O, and how long does it take to print a gear of that size?
Old 10-15-2019, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't mounted it. Honestly I just chose random dimension mounting holes. I need to go measure and reprint before I try mounting. The gear was relatively quick. Maybe 1-2 hours? MSLA is weird though. Its totally based on Z height. So I could print a tray of 4-5 gears in the same time I printed 1 gear. If I were really doing this I'd make spares or several different teeth options at once.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

I just tried that gear. My fusion model was woefully off. I need to check my settings, but the teeth were probably less than half the size of my real 64p gears. oh well.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer View Post
I just tried that gear. My fusion model was woefully off. I need to check my settings, but the teeth were probably less than half the size of my real 64p gears. oh well.
Man that's crazy lol. Yeah fusion has it at the dimension I emiled you. Wonder why it was so far off being I sent it right from fusion.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
Man that's crazy lol. Yeah fusion has it at the dimension I emiled you. Wonder why it was so far off being I sent it right from fusion.
Units typically. I don't think STLs includes what they are. You get a lot of stuff where it was exported as 1unit=1cm and the slicer reads it as 1mm, or 1 unit=1 inch and again the slicer thinks its dealing with mm. If you know the approximate size a thing is supposed to be its not hard to fix, just annoying.
Old 10-16-2019, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheRulesLawyer View Post
Units typically. I don't think STLs includes what they are. You get a lot of stuff where it was exported as 1unit=1cm and the slicer reads it as 1mm, or 1 unit=1 inch and again the slicer thinks its dealing with mm. If you know the approximate size a thing is supposed to be its not hard to fix, just annoying.
That would be very annoying, wonder if that .3mf file keeps the size correct.
Old 10-16-2019, 07:24 PM
Tech Adept

Here's the file you sent me. Still not sure on the scale, but I threw it in my calipers so you could check it out. I have a little elephants foot since I printed flat, but if I added supports I could get rid of that. What pitch is this supposed to be?
https://imgur.com/a/zmVrD2B
Old 10-17-2019, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Its MOD 1 pitch, still looks small. This is what I get after printing on my MP v2. I do think the resin print details the teeth better from what I see.