Setup station box stand >

Setup station box stand

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By takshita

Setup station box stand

Old 09-30-2019, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Setup station box stand

I hate carrying around my setup station. The biggest issue is the toe angle ruler. So I made a box to carry around the assembled pieces and the box opens up to be the toe angle ruler.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice! How long did this take (to print)? Is the design posted anywhere as well?
Old 10-24-2019, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Interesting. I wonder how accurate it is.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I run my machine really slow because im in no hurry. Im guessing but the number 18 hours sticks in my head. 12mm/sec and 20 percent infill. The graduations are spot on but you need to eyeball the 2 degree gaps. I stole a drawing of a compass and pulled it apart putting the start point of the radius at the extreme of the slot where the pin for the saw horse rotates. I still have the original toe scale and everything lines up properly. Once you decide the radius the start point is easy and the endpoint is the length of the box. It was all done in Tinkercad so it couldnt be too difficult. I thought the distance between the two halves was important. Its not. You only ever use 1 side at a time shifting it back and forth. You really only need a graduation window about 4 degrees wide anyways.

I just hate breaking down the sawhorses every time and then trying to keep the stock toe scale from getting scratched up. I put paint lines on the vertical surface of the box so I could see the graduations there too.

I broke my printer and I have to tighten the box up and put a lock on it so it doesnt open and everything rattles around. My son thinks he is going to sell all of these designs so Ill let that dream live a little while before I post the stuff for download but this one still needs some refinement. Good idea and it takes the hassle out of tossing the setup station in my toolbox without much thought for “just in case”.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Interesting, it is so nice.
Bry195 likes this.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I would wholeheartedly recommend VBB - I have been using it for years, having transferred to it from UBB a long time ago. Aside is UBB even still going?
Old 02-21-2020, 04:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Symmetrical spinnaker only...

Im guessing that because the guy is led through a block on the bow, and then led aft to a winch or cleat, I would need to douse it when gybing...?

-Rick Griffin