Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > 3D Printing Forum
What Did You Print Today? >

What Did You Print Today?

Like Tree46Likes

What Did You Print Today?

Old 03-27-2020, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Printing my second rim tonight in the shop. Printed first one last night and had to make some adjustments.

Old 06-19-2020, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Test Print of the Hello Kitty and the RedCat Scout parts on my new Creality Ender 3 Pro V1 (Have V2 in my cart and about to order).

Old 06-27-2020, 01:51 AM
PDR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

This a little project I'm working on - an RC receiver monitor using some custom electronics in a 3D printed case. The case itself is in two parts that snap together. There is also a translucent insert and a button that come off the printer. There are three bezels that will (eventually) be printed on my LCD/SLA printer.

The two main parts of the case have been printed in two colours, using a filament swap part-way into the print. See photo for assembled unit and short video that shows the parts coming together.

garnt likes this.
Old 06-29-2020, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PDR View Post
This a little project I'm working on - an RC receiver monitor using some custom electronics in a 3D printed case. The case itself is in two parts that snap together. There is also a translucent insert and a button that come off the printer. There are three bezels that will (eventually) be printed on my LCD/SLA printer.

The two main parts of the case have been printed in two colours, using a filament swap part-way into the print. See photo for assembled unit and short video that shows the parts coming together.
I am curious as to what information you gain from this? I have never heard of one of these before but would like to know more.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:20 PM
PDR
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Juniorabca View Post
I am curious as to what information you gain from this? I have never heard of one of these before but would like to know more.
It's interesting, but probably pointless

It measures the pulse width and frame rate for up to four channels of an RC receiver. Possibly useful for checking that the radio & receiver are doing what you think they're doing, particularly with configurable frame rates common in modern radios. Is it really running in fast mode? Is it really centred?

I'm working on a new video with the near-final version, but here's one from the bench proof-of-concept:

I mostly design and build stuff for fun and to learn.

From a 3D printing perspective, my goal for this project was to have zero screws. So, the case is snap-together and the PCB snaps in too, using ridges on the inside of the case. The button and bezels are printed separately and clear resin seems to work ok as a light pipe for the surface mount LEDs.

PS: The board in the video is missing a few components that are all related to power management (charging, voltage boost, soft on/off etc), but all the functional components are there.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR View Post
It's interesting, but probably pointless

It measures the pulse width and frame rate for up to four channels of an RC receiver. Possibly useful for checking that the radio & receiver are doing what you think they're doing, particularly with configurable frame rates common in modern radios. Is it really running in fast mode? Is it really centred?

I'm working on a new video with the near-final version, but here's one from the bench proof-of-concept: https://youtu.be/w1y_X8XoYKM

I mostly design and build stuff for fun and to learn.

From a 3D printing perspective, my goal for this project was to have zero screws. So, the case is snap-together and the PCB snaps in too, using ridges on the inside of the case. The button and bezels are printed separately and clear resin seems to work ok as a light pipe for the surface mount LEDs.

PS: The board in the video is missing a few components that are all related to power management (charging, voltage boost, soft on/off etc), but all the functional components are there.
Cool stuff even if it is "just" to learn. Sometimes I pick up new hobbies just to learn.

Are you the 1/5th scale Phat Dad guy? http://www.teamphatdadrc.com/aboutus.sc
Old 06-30-2020, 03:29 PM
PDR
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Cool stuff even if it is "just" to learn. Sometimes I pick up new hobbies just to learn.

Are you the 1/5th scale Phat Dad guy? http://www.teamphatdadrc.com/aboutus.sc
Looks cool, but that's not me All my racing is EP on-road Down Under, but my F1 blinking lights are running in most continents
JatoTheRipper likes this.