Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > 3D Printing Forum
What Did You Print Today? >

What Did You Print Today?

Like Tree20Likes

What Did You Print Today?

Old 09-26-2019, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Started on painting, still a ways to go, but I'm liking how this print turned out! Also working on a new engine mesh to print, much improved over the previous. Had to rethink my approach with the overall contruction of the motor area/details.

Bry195 likes this.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

It's looking good. I'm going to see if I can find a driver for my vta car. I just got my printer and I'm looking for ideas. I've printed a charger stand and a tool holder. Gonna see if I can design a setup station holder...
johnnydmd likes this.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by FlatSix914 View Post
It's looking good. I'm going to see if I can find a driver for my vta car. I just got my printer and I'm looking for ideas. I've printed a charger stand and a tool holder. Gonna see if I can design a setup station holder...
You should make a Mr Gasser driver for that car

I finished up the fink, got the clear coat on. I also finished up the previous build, but not happy enough to post it. The paint came out good(realistic flames, etc), but very unhappy with the engine. So I had to rethink the design and concept a bit. The valve covers and top of engine block will still be vacuum formed and painted from the inside, but the blower assembly is printed and you can see it in the background here(there is just too much detail for me to effectively vacuum form it and paint it well from the inside). I've been photographing and documenting the entire process and will create a new thread for the build. I'm going to bash the first build around a bit before I start assembling the new attempt.

Bry195 likes this.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Shock tower cover for B64 stock & Schelle HD towers.
Bry195 and rrb1399 like this.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Mini 8ight Battery Tray - 1st RC related print in a while but have some RC ideas i need to work on next.
rrb1399 likes this.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:39 AM
Tech Rookie

I've been printing silica desicant boxes from semi-flex TPU. TPU isn't affected by 65 C temps in the dehydrator when "recharging" the silica, so it is a good choice in that respect. It is a bit flexy when printed thin, but I CA glue the perimeter of the top to the box after filling it with beads, so that is not an issue. I'd do pics, but not high enough post count yet.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Printed a 95A TPU "flywheel" for a 3mm shaft with a slot for some reflective tape so a laser tach can check RPM.

While the TPU spool was still loaded, I also printed a two motor stand (540 motor) and a double headed version of the tach flywheel so I can see volts out for a driven motor at a known RPM.