Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > 3D Printing Forum
What Did You Print Today? >

What Did You Print Today?

Like Tree140Likes

What Did You Print Today?

Old 03-28-2021, 11:10 AM

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

I have bought files for one rc and they welcome fixes and upgrades on thingiverse, they even have their own page. Then I bought files from myminifactory and the creator is a total a , any mods or upgrades need to go through them, if you decide to sell the item( not as a business) you need to get permisson and give a cut to the creator.
2wdMod likes this.
Old 03-28-2021, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
I have bought files for one rc and they welcome fixes and upgrades on thingiverse, they even have their own page. Then I bought files from myminifactory and the creator is a total a , any mods or upgrades need to go through them, if you decide to sell the item( not as a business) you need to get permisson and give a cut to the creator.
I remember chatting with you breifly about that a couple months back..Thread was gone when I went back to add that if they want that much control they need to just produce the item and sell it like I am talking about .. Because honestly , For example, are they going to sue some 16 yr old with no $$ to his name for selling a used R/C car when by law said minor had no legal right to enter into a contract ? If so they better be "carding " people before they expect someone to enter into a contract when they cant legally do that and can get counter sued for NOT making sure said minor was of legal age to enter into a legally binding contract..
Old 04-04-2021, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

A "nerd badge" request from a a fellow comic book friend, so I designed it up .. The MONARCH insignia from the godzilla / king kong skull island movies..

of course it posted on my Thingiverse .. MONARCH Insignia by CSRC - Thingiverse

Old 04-12-2021, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
So I decided to do my first 1/24 body print.. er, re-mix?? re-design.. LOL I found this shelby gt500 on thingiverse in an odd scale as a display model so I re scaled it to fit my 1/24 drag chassis and set it up to have 1.7mm thick walls so it could be used as an R/C body.. Printed in HZST3D silk red..
How long does it take to print the body upright?
Old 04-14-2021, 11:39 PM
Tech Rookie

A "nerd badge" request from a a fellow comic book friend, so I designed it up .. The MONARCH insignia from the godzilla / king kong skull island movies..

of course it posted on my Thingiverse .. MONARCH Insignia by CSRC - Thingiverse
Super !
Old 04-16-2021, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ITman3D View Post
How long does it take to print the body upright?
around 15 hours, so a little more than printing horizontal, but the difference is post print work is night and day.. MUCH less sanding to get things like the hood/roof / deck lid areas to a paintable state..
Old 04-23-2021, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

been busy for the last couple weeks designing, prototyping. and testing some tire molds for casting 1/24 silicone tires.. Each 3 piece mold takes about 9 hours of print time, and then about 2 hours of finish sanding time ..after the design was finalized I built up 10 mold sets so I can mold 5 pr of tires per shot.. I also built a vaccum chamber for degassing my silicone so I am getting 10/10 no bubbles in my tires..

Manny, PDR, RC10Nick and 1 others like this.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

been busy for the last couple weeks designing, prototyping. and testing some tire molds for casting 1/24 silicone tires.. Each 3 piece mold takes about 9 hours of print time, and then about 2 hours of finish sanding time ..after the design was finalized I built up 10 mold sets so I can mold 5 pr of tires per shot.. I also built a vaccum chamber for degassing my silicone so I am getting 10/10 no bubbles in my tires..

In exactly the same way I made tires for my Lada Niva
2wdMod likes this.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Been printing out airplane parts for a local who wants a printed plane but doesnt want to learn to do it himself.. Took like 9 runs on the test piece to get my profile dialed in for printing thin wall stuff on my new Voxelab Aquila printer, but the parts are coming off looking great!!

Old 05-10-2021, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

I get the most enjoyment out of it when I'm printing useful things, especially if they're for someone else. I recently designed, printed, and replaced a broken piece of plastic that holds a drawer in place in a set of drawers that has been passed down through my girlfriend's family for two generations. It's fantastic.