HOBBYWING is a name familiar to some, but maybe not to all. Let’s take a closer look at why Hobbywing has grown so fast. First, Hobbywing is determined to provide quality products for RC enthusiasts with world class performance, reliability and support. That’s a mouthful and often rhetoric, but in this case it seems to be what Hobbywing really is striving to achieve. They do it by believing in the following three values: innovation powered by passion, quality comes first, and making the best even better.
Hobbywing is dedicated to develop and manufacture different brushless power systems (motors & electronic speed controllers) and relevant electronic devices for RC cars, boats and aircraft for all players including professionals, amateurs and beginners. What they aren’t mentioning is that they are also trying to do it at low-cost with high-value! Take a look at a few options currently available.
Hobbywing EZRun 60A Sensorless Brushless ESC/Motor Combo (9.0T/4300kV)
This is the Hobbywing EZRun 60A Sensorless Brushless ESC and Motor Combo, with included Program Box. This combo combines a 60A sensorless/brushless ESC with a 9.0 Turn, 4300kV sensorless/brushless motor suitable for 1/12 and 1/10 scale on-road and off-road sport applications. In addition, a Hobbywing LED Program Box is included to support programming adjustments.
- Compatible with sensorless brushless motors
- High quality components, big current endurance
- Excellent start-up, acceleration and linearity features
- Plenty of programmable items, suitable for various of chassis’s, tires and racing tracks
- Multiple protection features: Low voltage cut-off protection / Over-heat protection / Throttle signal loss protection
- Internal timing can be changed easily to make the ESC suitable for various of motors
- Easily programmed with the SET button, LED Program Box, Multifunction LCD Program Box and USB Link Software
- ESC firmware can be updated through the USB adapter in the LCD Program Box
- Top quality motor:
- Aluminum shell (case)
- High quality magnets
- Copper wires of high temperature endurance
- Good quality bearings
Output: Continuous 60A, burst 380A.
Input: 4-9 cells NiMH/NiCd or 2-3S LiPo.
BEC: 6V/1.5A (Linear mode built-in BEC).
Resistance: 0.0007 Ohm
Motor Supported: Sensorless Brushless Motor
- With 4-6 cells NiMH/NiCd or 2S Lipo: On-Road≥5.5T, Off-Road≥8.5T;
- With 6-9 cells NiMH/NiCd or 3S Lipo: On-Road≥8.5T, Off-Road≥13T;
Suitable Car: 1/12 and 1/10 on-road and off-road sport.
Weight: 32g (Without wires)
Motor Diameter: 36mm
Motor Length: 50mm
Shaft Diameter: 3.17mm
Shaft Length: 15mm
LED Program Box:
Input Voltage: 4.8-6V
- EZRun 60A Sensorless Brushless ESC
- EZRun 3650S 9T/4300kV Sensorless Brushless Motor
- Led Program Box
Hobbywing Xerun SCT Pro Sensored Brushless ESC
This is the Hobbywing Xerun SCT Pro Sensored Brushless ESC. Don’t let the name fool you! The Xerun SCT Pro isn’t just for Short Course Trucks, it is also a great solution for 1/10 and 1/8 scale on-road and off-road applications. Within the use of its 2-4S LiPo limits, the Xerun SCT Pro is highly capable and features 120 amp continuous current, sensor support and easy programming.
- Sensored ESC and sensored motor have the best control feeling.
- The switch mode BEC has powerful output to supply all electronic equipments.
- Excellent start-up, acceleration and linearity features.
- The major electronic components are sealed against splashing water or dust.
- Plenty of programmable items, suitable for various of chassis’s, tires and racing tracks.
- Electric brake function, also compatible with mechanical disc-brake system.
- Multiple protection features: Low voltage cut-off protection / Over-heat protection / Throttle signal loss protection.
- Internal timing can be changed easily to make the ESC suitable for various of motors.
- Easily programmed with the SET button, LED Program Box, Multifunction LCD Program Box and USB Link Software.
- ESC firmware can be updated through the USB adapter in the LCD Program Box.
- These is a mounting stand for installing the ESC on chassis easily and firmly.
Output: Continuous 120A, burst 760A;
Input: 6-12 cells NiMH/NiCd or 2-4S Lipo;
BEC: 6V/3A (Switching mode);
Resistance: 0.0004 Ohm;
Motor Supported: Sensored and sensorless brushless motor
- With 6 cells NiMH/NiCd or 2S Lipo: KV≤6000;
- With 7-9 cells NiMH/NiCd or 3S Lipo: KV≤4000;
- With 10-12 cells NiMH/NiCd or 4S Lipo: KV≤3000;
Suitable Car: 1/10 and 1/8 scale short course truck / buggy / truggy
Cooling fan: 5-6V; * Note #1
Size: 53.5mm(L) * 36mm(W) * 36mm(H).
* Note #1: The cooling fan is powered by the built-in BEC of 6V.
Hobbywing Multifunction LCD Program Box
This is the Hobbywing Multifunction LCD Program Box. Program your ESC or check the voltage of your LiPo battery, the Hobbywing Multifunction LCD Program Box does it all.
- Program the parameters of your ESC
- Each parameter is displayed on the easy-to-read LCD screen
- Works as a USB adapter to link the ESC with a PC to update the firmware
- Measure the voltage of a LiPo battery, either the whole battery pack or each cell
Input Voltage: 4.5-12.6V (If the ESC doesn’t have a built-in BEC, you must use an additional battery pack to supply the program box)
Display: 16×2 characters LCD
Interface: Mini USB interface, ESC interface (Futaba plug), Power supply interface (Futaba plug)
Firmware: compatible with all speed controllers, including Xerun series V2.0/2.1/3.0/3.1, EZrun V2.0, Platinum series and Platinum V3 series