Search

Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Howard,

What, no Serpent next time? I'll give you my tire wear data also. I suspect you'll be able to run 37s soon, once the track finishes curing and some rubber gets laid down.
OH yes, I will bring the Serpent of course....but I suspect I will have more fun with the 8T Losi..............
1/8th is ALWAYS the way to go..........I am shooting 17th or 24th, hopefully no snow yet....
Old 09-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ofna shocks:

I thought about plugging one hole. I might do that before this Sunday if I get a chance. I think that will help my buggy out a lot.

Ofna dual rear brakes:

I don't remember the specifics since it was years ago, but I want to say that I tried 'everything' and couldn't get the flywheel to not interfere with the disks. I do know that I called Ofna tech support about it eventually, and they agreed that the dual rear brake setup wouldn't fit.

1/8th tire wear:

I ran the RC Pro race at Leisure a couple of weekends ago. Tire wear with my 950r was higher than anywhere else I've run the car, but not ridiculously high. But I was also having handling problems so I was not able to run very hard (turns out my rear brakes were gone... I 'think' that was my only problem).

Anyway, I ended up running 35's in front and 37's in the rear, and the tire wear was very even all around. I ended up losing about 3mm on every tire during the 45 minute A-main, so that's not too bad. Over the entire course of the weekend (about 4 or 5 short practice runs, two 10-minute long qualifiers, and a 45 minute main) I burned up basically one full set worth of tires.

I think Leisure's track needs seal-coating really bad. The asphalt seems rather porous. It will be a long time before RC car tire rubber manages to fill in these pores. Seal coating should fill in the voids nicely. Then they just need to experiment with traction compound until they get it just right.

One thing is for sure: Leisure will get it right. Bernie is darn serious about that, down to every detail. I have confidence in him and the Leisure crew.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

No need to experiment, just use what Toledo uses! They've done all the experimentation for us!
Old 09-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

I have been running 38 rears & 35 fronts on my 960. Those are Jaco numbers though & have little to do with reallity. In general, the grip is pretty good at Leisure. You could run harder tires, depending on how much inherent grip you get with your chassis.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Walt, too bad you had to leave yesterday! Rick & I both had some issues in the main. His proved too be worse than mine, so I ended up with the win.
All 3 of us were running pretty close lap times...

Tire wear is dimenishing somewhat. I was losing about 1mm per 5 min. That's a lot worse than Toledo, but better than some of the other places I have been this summer. Bernie says track will be seal-coated next spring & layout will be painted on. One lay-out for the whole season (at least)! Personaly, I prefer frequent changes. I don't think that a couple of hours work, moving a few boards around, every week or two, is too much to ask.
But, the painted infield tracks are easier to run on, and look nicer.
We need more on-road guys! Where is everyone?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by duneland
Where is everyone?
I had to work Sunday so me and the boys ran carpet Saturday evening.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default LTPD

Ron- Your car looked a little faster than Ricks, but you both had close lap times. I talked to him about his Ver. II and he 's run one before. Watching you guys race got my blood going! I'm committing to onroad only next summer, like last year. And it's nice to run 2 classes at big races!
Walt- Thanks again for coming through with the 10x15 bearing!!! I would have had to tear down the backup car for that part.

I ran my car pretty hard in the main. I noticed this AM that I had way more tire left than I thought I would. I ran new 40s all around.that I trued to 62mm. Thanks for the use of your truer Mike! Maybe the main driving line is filling in with rubber?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, I wish i didn't have to leave, but I promissed a friend I'd give him a hand at his new house installing a hard-wood floor.

I made some changes to my car for that last qualifier to get more steering... I reduced the rear toe-in and slightly increased the front toe-out. I also put a little more brakes in the car. The handling got much better, but the engine was too rich, which slowed me down a little, and then I ran out of fuel on the last lap.

I probably could have had a good run with you guys in the main.

Next Sunday is no good for me, but the 17th might work.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default others

how many other on road vehicles were racing...nitro and electric?

The results aren't posted yet.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
how many other on road vehicles were racing...nitro and electric?

The results aren't posted yet.
There was one pretty full heat of nitro TC's, probably 8 or so of them, then the four of us running 1/8th on-road. No electric guys running yesterday.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default next time

well next time we go I'll make sure to announce days before that I'd like to run electric and to make sure I can race I'll also bring my NTC3 just in case.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Walt
Yeah, I wish i didn't have to leave, but I promissed a friend I'd give him a hand at his new house installing a hard-wood floor.

I made some changes to my car for that last qualifier to get more steering... I reduced the rear toe-in and slightly increased the front toe-out. I also put a little more brakes in the car. The handling got much better, but the engine was too rich, which slowed me down a little, and then I ran out of fuel on the last lap.

I probably could have had a good run with you guys in the main.

Next Sunday is no good for me, but the 17th might work.
17th sounds good........but I am not sure that is the Detroit MWS or not, I just want to get the 1/8th couple more runs before storage.
I might get my foam outdoor mod electric for just run around with the nitro TC, probably not eought electric for outdoor, but that is OK.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default RCPro

The weekend of the 17th is the offroad RCPro series race. Their will not be any onroad racing there that weekend.
Better make it out next weekend!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
The weekend of the 17th is the offroad RCPro series race. Their will not be any onroad racing there that weekend.
Better make it out next weekend!!!
Even better....nothing better then spending 1 sunday with wife and kid then credit it for the next sunday racing, 24th sounds good to me too....

P.S....TeamCarnage, do I know you...? I kinda think I might know you...
Old 09-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

I thought Chinese men are the king's of their household, and their wives just went along with whatever their men needed and whatever direction their men went in?

Tell me I'm wrong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.