Community
Wiki Posts
Search

His And Hers Hobbies Kenosha Wi.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default His And Hers Hobbies Kenosha Wi.

Hey all His And Hers Hobbies has a 60x42 Oval track!!!! Ten foot plus lanes.Amb Scoring. Fast and fun racing every Tuesday night. The inner walls have been taken down and this is one fast track!!! Bushless pan cars are running 80+ laps and Stock touring cars are over 70 laps!!! Come on out and join the short track challenge!!! Exellent track also for you 12th scale Oval Racers!!! For a full Schedule go to.............

www.his-hershobbies.com

!!!LETS KEEP OVAL ALIVE!!!

Come on all you Wisconsin and Illinois and Indiana racers take the challenge

Mark Kaye
Old 01-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds good!

Do you have any photos that you can post? I have seen the video on the website but it's hard to see the track and pit layouts. I used to go to RSJ's and their track was 70x40 (I think). So I'm curious to see how big a difference 10 feet makes

Also good pics=good advertising
Old 01-04-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Photos of track and pit layout

I will try to get some photos posted on my site and also here tomorrow morning..... If I don't get them up tomorrow morning it will be Monday or Tuesday as both of my boys are running in the NOVAK this weekend....

Bill
His and Hers Hobbies
Old 01-07-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Default hiya Bill

Hey bill!

Ever pick up any Mini Coopers?

I met you a few weeks ago at your place during the week.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Kenji,

Ya we got 4 of them in this week. I will be putting a few together for here in the shop and 1 for me. Then I'll be handing the controls over to others to see if we can get the class going....

There are a BUNCH of them up in Milwaukee at the NOVAK race this week!!!

The new ones come with an electronic speed control instead of the old mechanical speed control.... not bad for $95 bucks. Just add radio, receiver and servo.

Bill
Old 01-07-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default !

Kewl!

When you have them up and running and make a class for them you might want to announce you will be running a Mini Cooper class at your place. Lots of people are just plain crazy over them.

I now own two of them.

I met the Mini Cooper guru, Ken Pepe (sp?) a few weeks back and he gave me the low down on what to do to make them fast.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Is there a road course type layout or just oval? Also, is anyone running 1/12th scale? This is about a half hour closer than trackside so it would be nice to have a place closer to run.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

We run both touring and oval here.... The oval is setup Mon, Tue and Wed... Thursdays we fly electric Heli's over the track and then Fri, Sat and Sun we run the touring course.

We just finished our fall points season last night and will begin our winter league in 2 weeks. The mini class WILL be one of them that we will be running. There are already 4 or 5 of them that will be here racing.....

As for 12th scale, we have about 5 of them that are running our oval....we thought we would be having a 12th scale class come in for the road course but so far it has not come together.

SOOOOO..... calling all MINI drivers!!!! Lets go racing!!

By the way Kenji, will you share Pepe's speed secrets? He was fast at the NOVAK this weekend!! There was a boat load of mini's up there

Bill
Old 01-10-2006, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Which night will you be running the Mini's?
Old 01-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

To start with, the mini's will be running on Saturday evenings (about 5:30) with the Touring cars. If these become as popular as they seem like they will be (we have 5 right now and 5 more that have "said" they are going to run with us) we can then add a race night if need be to accomodate a night that will be better for others as well.

I would also like to build an 1/18th scale class on the touring track....then we could host a race night of just Mini's and 1/18th scalers

If you haven't seen the mini's run yet, come on down this Saturday evening. We will have 4 or 5 this Saturday running, 1 or 2 will be hand-out cars. What I mean by that is I will be handing the controller over to someone different for each of the 3 qualifiers and then the fastest qualifying driver will get to drive it in the main.

Starting the following week (when the winter league begins) we will use those 2 cars as RENT-A-RACER's.... $15 bucks plus the entry fee and come run the car for an evening (they will have the bearing upgrade installed).

If you want to pick up a mini, we have deals that you simply can't beat! The Mini kit is just $88.99 (these are now coming with an electronic speed control), bearing upgrade (8-5x11mm & 2-5x8mm) is $18. Of course you will need a servo, receiver, crystal and transmitter which we have the Futaba 2PH for just $42.99 or the 2PL for just $69.99. Of course we do have other radios availabe and also the electronic components separately.... And of course we do have the RTR Mini's available for just $159.99.

We will be running the Tamiya racing rules and I am going to spec 3300 stick sport packs maximum (no matched packs, no 3700, 3800 or 4200 cells) as this is supposed to be a "spec" type class. I have these packs available for $25ea from Venom, they have been very good packs for us over the past year. They hold up and they perform well.

SOOOOOOO CALLING ALL MINI's!!!!!! LET"S GO RACING!!

Bill
His and Hers Hobbies
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I take it you'll be using TCS rules?

How late are you there on Saturdays?
Old 01-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What has the turnout been like for TC on Saturday nights and what 1/10th classes have you been running
Old 01-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would also be interested in running the mini but I am not in the position to buy anymore battery packs as I have already built some from my older matched batteries for my Mini, so I am not sure how the spec battery thing would go over to the regular mini drivers as no one else specs battery packs for the mini's just the TCS rules.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Saturday TC turnout has been pretty good and is growing. We are currently running stock 27 turn rubber class, and would like to get others to come build a 27turn foam class and even some 19 turn classes.

For the Mini's, yes we will be using the TCS rules. As for batteries, I am recinding my original statement regarding battery specs. There will be no restrictions other than those imposed by the TCS rules.

We are open till 9pm every night except Sunday....we close at 8. Fridays and Saturdays we usually end up being here late just hanging out after the races.....

Bill
His and Hers Hobbies
Old 01-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Mini Cooper motor hint

Hey Bill,

Mr. Pepe told me the bearings are of course important, and the main thing to do is to use Mother's motor polish on the motor. the old dunk the motor in water trick doesn't work anymore, he said, because the brushes are so hard now. Also swapping out the stock diff and using a TA03 ball diff or the Manta Ray diff upgrade too.

Essentially you take another motor and use fuel tubing and connect to the Mabuchi Mini motor armature to armature. You make the mabuchi a slave motor. then make a paste of mother's car polish and motor spray about the consistency of toothpaste, just a little thinner. You get the motors running and jam a bunch of the paste into the Mini's motor where the brushes are meeting the comm. Do this for 15+ minutes. SPray out the motor, dry it.

Anything else you do to the vehicle is about handling not necessarily speed. lowering all the electrical components is helpful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.