Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Looking for tracks in N IL - need help choosing racing vehicle >

Looking for tracks in N IL - need help choosing racing vehicle

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for tracks in N IL - need help choosing racing vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for tracks in N IL - need help choosing racing vehicle

I live in Oregon il and just recently got back into rc after a few years off. I still have my brushless revo and picked up an xmaxx over the holidays which is OK but I miss racing.

I searched Google a few weeks back and most of the lists were out of date. Last couple times I raced was in the parking lot of hobbytown USA in St charles (gone), leisure hobbies (too far) and aj's raceway in DeKalb. For those of you who knew aj's, congrats
, you must be at least as old as I am because that place closed about ten years ago lol.

I just found race em rc in Rockford through a facebook ad and it says its an indoor off-road dirt track. Anyone have details on it? What classes are the most popular? Any suggestions on vehicle?

Any other tracks in my area?

Thanks for any help!

Mike

Last edited by r00st; 02-02-2016 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Spelling is hard
Old 02-03-2016, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by r00st
I live in Oregon il and just recently got back into rc after a few years off. I still have my brushless revo and picked up an xmaxx over the holidays which is OK but I miss racing.

I searched Google a few weeks back and most of the lists were out of date. Last couple times I raced was in the parking lot of hobbytown USA in St charles (gone), leisure hobbies (too far) and aj's raceway in DeKalb. For those of you who knew aj's, congrats
, you must be at least as old as I am because that place closed about ten years ago lol.

I just found race em rc in Rockford through a facebook ad and it says its an indoor off-road dirt track. Anyone have details on it? What classes are the most popular? Any suggestions on vehicle?

Thanks for any help!

Mike
Hobbytown in St.Charles just moved they are not gone.
2wd buggy seems to be the most popular class any where you go.
Assoicated b5m is the most popular buggy ran there. TLR also has a new buggy out.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by r00st

Thanks for any help!

Mike
RaceEm is a large clay/dirt track. For sure 2WD 17.5 buggy is the largest class on any day. That and possibly 17.5 Short Course. Running an Associated B5M or TLR 22 series would be the most popular choice. At most tracks I would say the B5M is the most popular car.

Lake in the Hills Hobbytown / Timewarp Raceway is also a nice indoor track. It's smaller than RaceEm, but still a great place with a very well stocked onsite store.

Look up both on Facebook. There's way more activity on their group pages than here on RCTech these days.

https://www.facebook.com/HobbyTownUSALITH/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Raceemrc/?fref=ts

AJ's turned into Intense Raceway then closed a few years after that.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

CCX in Monroe Wisconsin-
Indoor dirt oval/Off road in cold months
Spring and summer out door off road- Great 1/5 scale racing outdoors
Great group of racers we travel also to big races ect
Old 03-09-2016, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

AJ's turned into Intense Raceway then closed a few years after that.
Sad. They had a pretty sweet outdoor on road track. I only drove it once.

Race Em has a fairly large outdoor off road track also.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

I live in Sterling and used race at AJ's.

I go to Thunderroad hobbies in Moline, il for 1/8th scale nitro or RaceEm for electric or nitro racing. Both are great places to race.