Slam on MARCCA Thread

Old 10-28-2002, 11:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Slam on MARCCA Thread

I thought that we might as well have an official Slam on MARCCA
Thread.

Even though MARCCA has been up and running every year for almost 20 years and is doing very well financialy.

With all the incorrect rumors and Slamming on MARCCA's leadership I thought all 10-12 of you could just simply bitch about the usual I don't have clue about MARCCA stuff and stupid rumor
stuff and I'd rather race someplace else stuff RIGHT HERE!
Old 10-29-2002, 12:19 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Re: Slam on MARCCA Thread

Originally posted by robob
With all the incorrect rumors and Slamming on MARCCA's leadership I thought all 10-12 of you could just simply bitch about the usual I don't have clue about MARCCA stuff and stupid rumor
stuff and I'd rather race someplace else stuff RIGHT HERE!
Bob, with all due respect, that is complete and utter bullshit and you know it.

We had a good dialogue going with the majority of the board on the scheduling issue, and more than half of the board was actually in agreement that a scheduling change would benefit the club in many ways. It would allow us to bring in new people, run an oval program, only have to shift the track once a week, and so on. A lot of people put a lot of thought into making it work, including Charlie, George and myself.

A Board Meeting was called to discuss the issue, and was scheduled with the full knowledge of the President. As the date drew nearer and it became obvious where the vote would go, the President suddenly went back on what he had said and accused George of trying to undermine either his authority or the club -- I'm not sure which.

Is that any way for our club president to treat George, who has put his heart and soul into the club for so long? Is that any way for the President to disregard the board's opinions so completely? Or to put it bluntly, is that any way for this club to be run? Bull.

These aren't rumors, either -- these are facts. We have the emails to back it up, so don't sit here whining about how we are talking behind peoples backs and insulting people needlessly. No one wants to slam the club or destroy the club, we want to FIX the club and help the club GROW. What a novel idea, huh.

The real sad thing here is that after all of this, we are losing the support of some of the guys that have made this club what it is. The leadership of the club is more interested in what they want than what is good for the club. On top of that, it is far, far, far from being professional.

On a personal note, I would have been perfectly happy if we had convened a board meeting and voted to keep the schedule the way it is. Why? Because we would have done it the RIGHT way. Instead, we had the President not only lying to another board member but saying "we don't need a meeting" when we obviously did.

For some reason, I usually end up being the only guy on here fighting for this. Everybody else seems to be content to give up and go to Trackside. I hear a lot of talk in private but don't get a lot of support in public. I wish that would change, but what can you do, eh?

I anticipate being slammed and torn up for even *gasp* posting such a thing in public, so have at me.

Last edited by futureal; 10-29-2002 at 12:25 AM.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Slam on MARCCA

From the look of things we are going to have a great indoor truck season.
As for the sedans,
Unless some of you guys can bend yourselves back into shape sedans are the only part of MARCCA that seems to be in trouble and all due to sedan drivers.
Oval sounds like It might have a shot for a comeback if we can find someone willing to run it.
Heck if all the sedans run away that opens Sun. for Oval.

MARCCA is here, Its not going away and it is what we make of it.
We did have a board meeting on Sat. at the offroad track in Deforest and Most all of the board was there except Shane,Matt and Kevin. (George also was not there but I heard he quit MARCCA)-whatever that means!
Old 10-29-2002, 01:26 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Default Re: Slam on MARCCA

Originally posted by robob
As for the sedans,
Unless some of you guys can bend yourselves back into shape sedans are the only part of MARCCA that seems to be in trouble and all due to sedan drivers.
That is one of the funniest things I have read in recent times. You guys really, really need to understand that sedan racing is just as important to this club as truck racing, and treat it as such. Being part of the club means you look out for what is best for the club, not just for whichever class(es) you happen to participate in.

We did have a board meeting on Sat. at the offroad track in Deforest and Most all of the board was there except Shane,Matt and Kevin. (George also was not there but I heard he quit MARCCA)-whatever that means!
If the board meeting did take place, I would be interested to know if there was a vote on the schedule, and why no one had any answers for me when I asked the board email list what happened. The only response I got was from Don, and he didn't address my question.

I already asked at least twice to get an email list of the membership so I could send out a notice regarding the move-in date and the schedule, and no one has provided one. I don't think very many people know that we are moving in.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Shane check you'r pm

Shane You have a new pm.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

shane>

please try to get your facts straight before you provide information to the club.

my phone # is 635-2951 -- call me, and we can meet somewhere to talk face-to-face.

<don
Old 10-29-2002, 07:30 AM
ChewyPro3

can i call you too

do you charge

how much

Old 10-29-2002, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

shane..you hit it on the head.....

don...nice to see you comp works......

robob.....fact is for the last 4 years, you wouldnt have even had a place to race if it hadnt been for the dreaded sedan racers.....
Old 10-29-2002, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Dreaded sedans?
Matt- Other than trying to take Sat. nights since the new Trackside opened I do not think of the sedans as Dreaded.

Whats with the past 4 years Matt.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I sure would like the chance to race on a Saturday if I had something going on Sunday and vice versa without having to drive 2+ hours away.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:37 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Kraig - Agreed! And race on both days when possible.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:02 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally posted by Hotrod
please try to get your facts straight before you provide information to the club.
My facts are straight, and I didn't say anything that I hadn't read in an email either to you or from you. I have nothing else to say to anybody on the matter, other than what you guys have done to the sedan side of the club is a travesty. You guys have turned this into your little personal truck club, without giving a rats ass about all the other guys around Southern Wisconsin who might have liked to race at MARCCA too. Look no further than this forum to see the people pleading for a date change so the can come and race too.

And since no one bothered to mention it at the meeting OR even invite me to the board meeting, I am going to move ahead with my Friday night racing idea until someone physically stops me.

That's all I got left to say on the matter. Sorry for pissing people off but I feel like I said what I had to say.

(And we still have not sent out an email or a flier about the new track OR the move-in date...)
Old 10-29-2002, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Shane, I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You sedan guys are the one that are ruining it for the truck guys, you all ready had tuesday, friday, and sunday. There are alot more people that turn out to the truck races then at any of the sedan races too. THe truck guys would only have saturday to race with practice on trursday. Alot of the saden guys probably havent seen the truck program last year to know. So i dont see how or why you would want to cahnge it. Plus you got to think about the kids too, theres more kids in trucks then there is sedans. Sundays alot of kids dont have time to race because of school on monday. Like me if the trucks have to race on sunday now, i wont be there, ill go down to Trackside and race because thats Saturday.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:18 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Steve... Hold on... Let me put my flame suit on...

Alrighty...

How are we "sedan guys" ruining it for your truck guys?? I was at the Carpet Challenge, and it seamed just the opposite to me, but what do i know.

Kids not being able to race on sunday? How so? I race on sunday at trackside almost every week now, and drive an hour and 15minutes home, still getting home for dinner.

I don't see how a truck program could be run shoddy enough that it would end any later than Trackside's sedan events, which have been getting good turnouts. Now if MARCCA can go ahead and run Saturday Sedans, then there is the option to run at one place, or the other, on different days, or both!

If you have plans for one day of the weekend, you arn't SOL. Same with the truck guys... Race one or both... Sunday in Madison, Sat in Milwaukee. I guess some people just need to get the stick out of thier asses and realize that Scotty's track is pretty cool, and that a whole weekend of racing, is much better that one day of racing.

If MARCCA can draw some of Trackside's racers for BOTH the trucks and the SEDANS, its only for the better of the club. Even if only 3 guys travel from milwaukee every week, thats a 3 person gain, but if your program is as good as gold, like you make it to be, the rule of "word of mouth" says that more racers will show!

How do you think I learned about the MARCCA sedan program? If i remember right, Jeff Cirves e-mailed me sometime around '00, and i made the trip to madison a couple weeks later.

How did I learn of Trackside? Marc Miller ( Thanks Marc!) told me it was totally awesome, so i bummed a ride on one of the weekends, totally sucked on the track, but had an awesome experiance.

"can't we all get along"

flame away....

Last edited by TSR6; 10-29-2002 at 02:24 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.