Search
Like Tree401Likes

Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 09:50 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

The price of many on road cars has helped to turn people away from on road racing. I think the T4's, Awesomatix, and TC7.1 are great cars but they are extremely expensive. If I wanted to get into carpet racing and accepted what you say and looked at the prices. I would say heck no. What you say may be true for drivers that always want to be the "A" Main winners, but I don't think it's true for everyone. The cost of the cars, electronics, tires a body and paint drive people away.

Many drivers don't like spec class racing. But, I think it would be attractive to some drivers. You could pick any less expensive car like the TC4 and a run and set the gear ration, list the battery limits, a spec tire, a cheap spec motor and esc and whatever body and have fun.

I think on road racing needs more exposure. If Windy City ran some off road and on road races the same day. You might get drivers who do both. You might get some off road guys to try their hand at on road. It works other places.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
Are you going up to Oshkosh or have you had enough traveling?
I was scheduled to work, this Sunday, so I was not planning to go up north. Things changed in my favor, so I will be at Windy City Sunday.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Xray parts cost is a moot point if running trans-am. I am a HORRIBLE driver and I've been driving my T4 for a year, all I've broken is one knuckle and a rear belt.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:26 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
Xray parts cost is a moot point if running trans-am. I am a HORRIBLE driver and I've been driving my T4 for a year, all I've broken is one knuckle and a rear belt.
I wish I could say the same.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

New euro truck class
Old 10-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

I hope all these drivers are coming to race at Windy City RC Raceway, as they can always use the support there I'm sure.
I'm a bit confused though on why there's a bunch of pics from a different track on another tracks dedicated page.
With all due respect, it seems like that would make it confusing or misrepresenting for anyone that might be hopping on the forum for the first time to get information on the WCRC's track.

Originally Posted by honda1

New euro truck class

Last edited by lowend; 10-25-2017 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I saw a couple Euro Trucks sold sunday. I had my Euro Truck there too, and I was told "Be sure to have it here next sunday"... So.. I think we can safely assume there will be euro truck racing next week at WCRC. :-)
Old 10-23-2017, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I guess you don't want are trucks at your track?
It's a school club and we wanted to share some pictures of a new class
And we were going to bring them to your track. Just trying to promote
Different forms of racing. Do you want kids at your track or not?
We promote your track so now I am confused.
hotrodchevy14 likes this.

Last edited by honda1; 10-23-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Old 10-23-2017, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Of course we want your Euro Trucks and the kids driving them at WCRC. I don’t think he realized that was a picture from a school club and not another track open to all.
New blood is always welcome and needed to continue the growth of this hobby.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
The price of many on road cars has helped to turn people away from on road racing. I think the T4's, Awesomatix, and TC7.1 are great cars but they are extremely expensive. If I wanted to get into carpet racing and accepted what you say and looked at the prices. I would say heck no. What you say may be true for drivers that always want to be the "A" Main winners, but I don't think it's true for everyone. The cost of the cars, electronics, tires a body and paint drive people away.

Many drivers don't like spec class racing. But, I think it would be attractive to some drivers. You could pick any less expensive car like the TC4 and a run and set the gear ration, list the battery limits, a spec tire, a cheap spec motor and esc and whatever body and have fun.

I think on road racing needs more exposure. If Windy City ran some off road and on road races the same day. You might get drivers who do both. You might get some off road guys to try their hand at on road. It works other places.
What other tracks run a split program?
Nerobro likes this.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:48 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by The One They Call Dirty
What other tracks run a split program?
Hobbytown USA in St. Charles runs their parking lot series from May until September. They have a mixture of on road and off road classes and a class for young kids. They have 12 or more heats each race. I may be wrong about this, but I think Windy City could run on and off road at the same time, I am not sure how you would call the races or if it's a good idea. But, at least they can run the same race day. I think there is a chance you could get more people through the doors. Obviously, many racers race both on road and off road and might do that the same day. I've seen people who race off road get involved in on road after they see them run and vice versa. Please understand I am not tying to promote another track. It's just a suggestion.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Master

I didn't see your truck run but I did check it out in the pits, it looks really cool

Originally Posted by Nerobro
I saw a couple Euro Trucks sold sunday. I had my Euro Truck there too, and I was told "Be sure to have it here next sunday"... So.. I think we can safely assume there will be euro truck racing next week at WCRC. :-)
Old 10-23-2017, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Share away anytime you want. And of course we want your kids and parents to come and race anytime they want. It's cool to see everyone getting the new class going... Hope to see you at Windy soon.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:51 AM
MD
Tech Champion

What's the schedule for this coming weekend? Thanks.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Saturday 10/28:
Open 9 am to 6 pm
On Road Practice All Day
Off Road Practice All Day

Sunday 10/29:
On Road Club Racing
Starts at Noon
Off Road Open Practice All Day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.