Like Tree1Likes

CCX Indoor Season 2015/2016

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tp40
Racing was Great last night!
We had 49 racers, Dalton had the track prepped very well, it was very consistant all night. It was my first week back racing and I Had a great time. Many new faces and being a holiday weekend our turn out was very good.
The resurgence of the 17.5 sprint rubber cars was good to see. the speed and power is manageable for all levels and the new rubber "Sticker tires" from Custom Works are the real deal. G-dog got 4 race night and numerous practice out of a set, now that's impressive considering the power his cars put down.
I tried some different sets up to try to find more speed, won the sprint mod/13.5 a-main. The Hyspanic Rocket was the class of the field but didn't run the main so I took the victory. Shawn was back and that was good to see. I have to tell you the format we ran was put them all together and let the drivers sort it out. it was neat to see, Andy ran a full Mod one heat and then ran a 13.5 spec tire car, he was able to get some r&d in yet race a competitive race. I will probable start bringing both cars to do just that, of course the 13.5 cars were more consistant on our little bull ring..
We will have another Oval practice night this Wednesday- this coming Saturday is Off-Road but Dalton will want to water all week so its Oval Practice on Wednesday night - If you want to come up and check us out or try some different set ups come on out, we usually fire up around 6:00ish and go until Ryan kicks us out 9:00ish. I really need to get my LateModel more comfortable, my sprint is soooooo Gooooooood!!! TP out
It was great to have you back Troy. Very good night of racing!
Old 11-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Racing was Great last night!Shawn was back and that was good to see.
I wouldn't call round 3 and a the main back , but it was fun. I think I will be out next Saturday for off-road but after that probably not until January.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

The resurgence of the 17.5 sprint rubber cars was good to see. the speed and power is manageable for all levels and the new rubber "Sticker tires" from Custom Works are the real deal. G-dog got 4 race night and numerous practice out of a set, now that's impressive considering the power his cars put down.
Troy, from what I have found out on the new Sticker Tires, once they broke they are down right awesome. I have over 1400 laps on my left side tires! Now one thing you guys will see if the have the Yellow insert(first run), they will be fast, but once you switch to the orange(medium insert) you will slow down alittle, but they should come in better than the yellows after time. The yellow inserts are no longer made(warehouse burnt down).
Dave
Old 12-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

This Saturday Dec 5th. Is the first Saturday night offroad race at CCX. Track opens at noon and racing starts at 4PM. Free giveaways as well.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Dave.....when u coming..

here ,,,kitty,kitty,kitty,,,,.............
Old 12-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kart1
Dave.....when u coming..

here ,,,kitty,kitty,kitty,,,,.............
I mite be over sometime soon! Got to work on a couple things!
Dave
Old 12-03-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

We had a practice R&D night again last night, the track is in Great Shape, I got there at 5:30 Dalton had the track shaved and rolled, I ran it in with the big tractor and poked some holes. Did some r&d on my mod sprint Holy Crap those 4.0 mods are fast, the car hooked up very well but was over geared and still ran 3.8 at half throttle doing wheelies.
This Saturday is Off-Road up at CCX- Ryan and his crew are making a "Wall turn" that sounds like a great challenge and tons of fun! See you all there!
Old 12-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

We had a great time last night! turning Right is a totally different experience for us oval guys. I believe we had just under 50 racers, nice turn out! Brian Cook was up to run a old wore out sc10 4x4 and ended up winning the 4x4 sct, Dalton took top honors in the highly competitive 2wd and 4wd buggy classes, & Brandon won the sct with a very consistant run.
I came up with a new buggy and broke parts all night. But it felt pretty good. I need to put all the trick Aluminum parts in the places that need it and all will be good. My Sct ran real good, I managed to TQ the class but Brandon was way to solid in the main for me to catch him.
The track lay out was plain and simple, "Great Fun" The new wall turn was something I never ran on before and was a great addition. Gliding over a big table to then slamming into a vertical wall turn was a rush. I'm kinda used to slamming into walls running oval.... But this time I meant to do it.
Wednesday night we need to prep for oval. between turn 2 and 3 is going to need a lot of TLC. I encourage you guys to come up and help out and dial your cars in afterwards. we usually go until 9:00ish or until Ryan kicks us out... Have a great week and see you all at the track
Old 12-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Great first Saturday night offroad race for sure. Good turnout in all classes and close competition. Double header coming up this weekend. Oval Saturday night and cash offroad race on Sunday.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Saturday was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the double header this weekend.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

lol..

Oval Guys Rule.......
Old 12-09-2015, 05:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thank you Troy for the rental ride. Once I put my NASA receiver in , it made all the difference, that and a little oil on the wheel of my radio to stop it from squeaking every time I turned right.

So I heard there was an oval race up there on the 9th ? with foam sprints being split j/w what will be the big class for this race, rubber or 13.5 sprints?

p.s It might not be a bad thing to put out some info , pre-entree list, etc. about this race" dash for cash" , its 4 weeks away.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yuk17bandit
Thank you Troy for the rental ride. Once I put my NASA receiver in , it made all the difference, that and a little oil on the wheel of my radio to stop it from squeaking every time I turned right.

So I heard there was an oval race up there on the 9th ? with foam sprints being split j/w what will be the big class for this race, rubber or 13.5 sprints?

p.s It might not be a bad thing to put out some info , pre-entree list, etc. about this race" dash for cash" , its 4 weeks away.
Good to see you running offroad Brian. I'm sure there will be plenty of foam and rubber sprints for the race. We can get a pre entry list started with rules and classes no problem but it will be basically the same as last years rules minus I believe the spec tire for 1/10th late model.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by yuk17bandit

Thanks Bro- It was tons of fun racing with you!
The Money race will be on the 9th of the New Year. Ryan and I will promote it to try to get some numbers there and some good payouts $$$$ typically it over $125 to win but it depends on participation.
The "Big" and Hot class is the 17.5 sprint rubber class. New and easy on the budget. Custom Works came out with there new rubber tire called the "Sticker" tire. to be honest its everything that they said it would be. take any gear box sprint (It doesn't have to be state or the art either) put a decent set up under it with a decent 17.5 motor on blinky, run a battery and a half threw it to "Scuff" the tires in and go racing. It looks like tons of fun that a A level driver can enjoy along with a Novice because the speeds are lower and the cars are very easy to drive! See you all at the track, Troy out...
Old 12-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

We had another practice night last night. Much thanks to Dalton and Dan Rienbold, they spent over 4 hours getting the track back to the great condition that its been. So all us racers should thank them for they did a lot of work.
This coming weekend its Oval on Saturday- Start time at 4:00
and Off road on Sunday- Start time at noon. There is a chance I might do the double but I'll have to get all my "Honey Do'es" done early....
see you all Saturday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.