Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series >

Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gravity RC 2014/15 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike.a
Thank you Kevin for the reply. Please understand we will all be there for this series :-) However I think if you want to save time, watching 2 to 3 12th scale cars around the track for 8min seems to be another area to look. Also sportman should always by 4min anyway, these kids do not have good batteries and do not need to bash around for any longer time to break more parts. This year we will have a large amount of sportsman I know of 3 more because Grant will have to move back to sportsman with no mini, so please can they have a controlled practice maybe at the top of every hour so they are not wrecking other cars. Thank you. and on a side note I feel bad for everyone who spent $200 on and LM1 car that is now a paper weight! sorry for the rant I will see you all in October.
Mike I fully understand what you are saying and where you are coming from and its good to hear that you and your family will be there this season! 12th scale has been on the rise at 3 of the races last year we had 2 mains for them. Their numbers apear to be growing but they are held to the same standard if the numbers are just not good enough then we will not run them. We have the rule that 5 cars must race for the class to be run. If we dont have 5 12th scale cars on that day they will not be run. The only class that does not have the 5 car rule is Sportsman...they will always get to run. I know I now have a $200 dollar sweet looking paper weight myself but its only a paper weight when it comes to the series races. We can still race them on non-series days.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Awesome!!

I plan to make all 5 dates and also plan to run in both USVTA and USGT. I've been dying to run my USGT on the rug in competition.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
Awesome!!

I plan to make all 5 dates and also plan to run in both USVTA and USGT. I've been dying to run my USGT on the rug in competition.
rain or shine?
Old 07-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default "Make shorter days?"

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Mike,

We were looking to make the days shorter and Mini along with LMP1 were both left off for this reason this time around. The kids can always run their mini's in the sportsman class. The max motor limit on sportsman is set so that someone wanting to get into "sedan" has some place to start. 21.5 or 25.5's are just fine to be used in the sportsman class. We feel that with 3 sedan classes now...VTA, USGT and 17.5 then you add Sportsman we have a good way for people to start someplace and move up as needed. Yes Mini is a cheap class but you can also get some cheap sedans these days too. We hope you and all the Mini drivers all understand why we did what we did.

On another note we are about 12 weekends away from the first race.....
"Make shorter days?" How is eliminating Mini going to make shorter days?

Lets just suppose everyone running in Mini transfers to another class you'll probably have to add one or two more heats to those classes. Where is the time savings?

From what I have observed the last few years Mini has been getting pushed to the door. If you don't want the class just say so don't make excesses. I will gladly take my money and spend it on a different hobby.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nonenumber

Lets just suppose everyone running in Mini transfers to another class you'll probably have to add one or two more heats to those classes. Where is the time savings?

From what I have observed the last few years Mini has been getting pushed to the door. If you don't want the class just say so don't make excesses. I will gladly take my money and spend it on a different hobby.
But those few drivers that jump to another class can be added to an existing heat that isn't full and no time is added to the program.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Nonenumber, Welcome to RCtech.

First off, The All-Star/Gravity Series is Kevin and Brad's dea, maybe Paul's too. They make the series and class rules, we come to play by them.

From the last event there were nine racers in the Mini class. All but three of them were already running another class/es. Some may replace mini, other may not. That is up to them. Jonesy already noted that they can be added to other heat that are less full. Or use the time to split a full heat to make the racing better for everyone.

If no mini racing is going to stop your participation, I think we are all sorry to hear that. If you would like to try a different class I am sure we can help you find the equipment in a appropriate budget.

Snowy.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

It will be for sure be 3 races and 1 main shorter by not offering the class....the same holds true for not offering a LMP class. If they move to another class they will be absorbed into the class and help fill out the class.

Originally Posted by Jonesy112
But those few drivers that jump to another class can be added to an existing heat that isn't full and no time is added to the program.
Exactly....thanks

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Nonenumber, Welcome to RCtech.

First off, The All-Star/Gravity Series is Kevin and Brad's dea, maybe Paul's too. They make the series and class rules, we come to play by them.

From the last event there were nine racers in the Mini class. All but three of them were already running another class/es. Some may replace mini, other may not. That is up to them. Jonesy already noted that they can be added to other heat that are less full. Or use the time to split a full heat to make the racing better for everyone.

If no mini racing is going to stop your participation, I think we are all sorry to hear that. If you would like to try a different class I am sure we can help you find the equipment in a appropriate budget.

Snowy.
Thanks guys.
Old 07-13-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So just to be 100% clear. Under no circumstances even if we have 5 cars are you going to allow mod? Just want to be clear again. I will continue to ask you every year as well. If Paul comes down he is going to be running stock?
Old 07-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NolanP
So just to be 100% clear. Under no circumstances even if we have 5 cars are you going to allow mod? Just want to be clear again. I will continue to ask you every year as well. If Paul comes down he is going to be running stock?
No Obama there will be no mod at any of the races. When Paul comes to race he will only race VTA.
Old 07-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

No Obama there will be no mod at any of the races. When Paul comes to race he will only race VTA.
Obama? You are now going to name calling?

Kevin just wanted to know if I should plan on a full or limited schedule. Sorry to offend you so deeply by asking if I can do something that I feel I can better my driving skills.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

if I can do something that I feel I can better my driving skills.
If that's what you're after, I really would consider VTA or USGT for this series. I'm not sure how much you'd better your skills running against a handful of other people in mod instead of one of the announced classes. Limiting the classes will make the talent pool deeper, make the quality of racing better, AND help people get home at a reasonable hours.

Fewer classes, more entries per class = good
Old 07-13-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Obama? You are now going to name calling?

Kevin just wanted to know if I should plan on a full or limited schedule. Sorry to offend you so deeply by asking if I can do something that I feel I can better my driving skills.
Relax Francis....that was a joke maybe Paul only racing VTA threw it off the mark.

The classes for the series are set for this go around. If you or any of the other throttle junkies want to run Mod rip it up and show up to the track on normal race days. I'm sure Eric will be more than willing to let you guys race. Mod isn't even raced that often locally at The Track once you guys show that your all willing and racing it on the regular maybe we can address it next year. Get a horse then latch ye'old cart to it.

Last edited by Kevin K; 07-13-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Relax Francis....that was a joke maybe Paul only racing VTA threw it off the mark.

The classes for the series are set for this go around. If you or any of the other throttle junkies want to run Mod rip it up and show up to the track on normal race days. I'm sure Eric will be more than willing to let you guys race. Mod isn't even raced that often locally at The Track once you guys show that your all willing and racing it on the regular maybe we can address it next year. Get a horse then latch ye'old cart to it.
Well Kevin ye'old cart got latched to the horse to be kicked in the mud last year when we started running mod to start the year. Now ye'old cart will will attach to a horse somewhere else during those scheduled weeks where I won't be talked to like an idiot for asking a question. Good Luck hopefully you are doing the right things some where to bring back on-road to strength.

Last edited by NolanP; 07-26-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Champion

Well Kevin ye'old cart got latched to the horse to be kicked in the mud last year when we started running mod to start the year. Now ye'old cart will will attach to a horse somewhere else where I won't be talked to like an idiot for asking a question. Good Luck hopefully you are doing the right things some where to bring back on-road to strength.
Thank you!
Old 07-19-2014, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

October 5th. Calendar is marked. Nothing like a birthday weekend race!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.